Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756011

Estimated Server Time:
I've been playing on SSRP since around Christmas time last year, and working out the exact time in minutes on the server like I normally do does not sound very appealing to me at the moment.

Languages I speak:
English, some French and Spanish and a little bit of Irish Gaelic.

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a Super Administrator:
In my time as an admin, I have followed the staff ethos and I have carefully ensured that I always punish people not based on my own opinion on that person, but on what they truly deserve for the rulebreak that they have made, making my decision based on the severity of what they have done combined with how many recent punishments they have, depending on what those recent punishments are for. In my time as an Admin, I have tried my hardest to help people as far as I can in order to ensure that they have the best possible experience on the server, and being a Super Admin would just make me want to do so more. Since becoming an Admin again, I have also tried to show much higher amounts of dedication towards the server, in terms of trying to have a consistently higher F1 count, and reporting any incidents which I see towards a Lead Team member.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team?:
I believe that as a Super Admin, I would be able to continue helping people on the server, but go over more to give the best possible experience to ensure that the lower staff are not abusing their powers and to ensure that all staff members are trained properly and thoroughly without any gaps in their training leading to potential issues on the server.
Whenever I do notice that members of the staff team, no matter their rank, are abusing or causing issues in some way, I always ensure to get some form of evidence for it and go to the correct person so that it is resolved and the staff member does not continue to abuse their powers or cause a problem on the server.
I try to be as active as I can (while maintaining my activity on all the other servers) on the server, and I always try to do F1s quickly and efficiently, yet to the best of my ability in order to ensure all of the users are enjoying their time on the server. I also have a very high level of trust and experience in the community and in Lead Team roles, which can be seen from my role as the Prophunt & Murder Server Owner, a Head Admin on TTT and a Super Admin on Surf. I believe that I will be able to bring this experience and trust over to SSRP in order to greatly benefit the server even further. This alone is of course not a reason to become a Super Admin on SSRP, as staffing on these servers is very different to SSRP, but I believe that it still helps to show a level of trust in the community, and a helpful level of experience in how the Lead Team works within ZARP.
I am always very vocal in meetings, trying to put forward my opinion on as many candidates as possible, and helping to ensure that people are voted upon fairly. I tend to find that, in SSRP meetings, I am the most vocal person that there is. I always try to comment on every single applicant, and try to put forwards all of my opinion in all of the relevant areas, and try to also prompt other people to put forwards their own opinions on any situations regarding any applicants.
Recently, I have also been trying more and more to communicate within the staff team and also with members of the Lead Team, as that is a piece of feedback that I have seen quite a bit lately. I've also been *trying* to get more of my play time to log on Gametracker by RPing a little bit in between F1s (still not very effective, but at least now it sometimes logs something, we'll see how it goes over the course of the week, hopefully I can get in enough RPing around F1s and situations to get a good amount of time to log). I have been trying a lot more lately to talk to people (users, staff and Lead Team alike) in order to gain as much feedback as possible to improve towards gaining this rank, and I feel that with each passing week, I am doing a better job at improving on this feedback given.
I have also recently received a lot of feedback on apps themselves regarding activity or my other roles within the community. Though they would obviously mean that I would have less time for SSRP than I would without them, I am still clearly able to remain active and do my job on SSRP, as can be seen by my F1 count, and I believe that I would be able to maintain a high standard as a Super Admin as well. I believe that, rather than showing a lack of time for SSRP, my other ranks should show that I am dedicated / experienced in the community, or, since SSRP is very different to Pointshop servers, just not be taken into as much consideration at all. In regards to activity as well, over the course of the week, I have been trying to remember to take screenshots of my activity through 'status' occasionally in order to prove activity beyond that which has been logging to Gametracker, in order to try to get around the issues that happen with Gametracker being very shit, so if anyone wants proof of that beyond what is shown on GT (*most* of it has been shown on GT this week, as far as I am aware) then just let me know.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
As an Admin, there have been a few issues that I have encountered which required the assistance of a Lead Team member, and one of these scenarios was when I suspected a fellow staff member of hacking. I immediately recorded the situation and sent it to a Lead Team member to get their opinion on it, and to get them to bring it up in the following Lead Team member. I am unaware of if anything happened to this staff member, but I do know that the Lead Team member also agreed that what I had recorded clearly showed that the staff member was hacking. There were also some other situations which I encountered as an Admin, but very few of them in my current time as an admin, most of them being from the last time, and none of them really being relevant to bring up here, other than minor cases where I noticed staff members doing poor jobs or misusing their powers in some way, or ignoring F1s.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
If someone made an abuse report against a staff member (and that staff member were an Admin or below, if it were another Lead Team member, I would link it to a HA+), I would first of all look over their story to see what they say happened. If the story does not actually tell anything that the staff member did wrong, I would deny the report for the reason that the staff member did nothing wrong. If the story did say that the staff member did something wrong, I would ensure that the evidence would be sufficient to prove that the staff member had in fact done something wrong. If the evidence were not sufficient, I would ask the staff member in question if they did do what they had been accused of, and if they denied that they did it, I would deny the appeal for a lack of evidence. If the staff member did not deny that they had done something wrong and had not had an official warning, I would thank them for being honest and explain to them not to do it again and go over the rules with them to ensure that they understand them all fully and bring it up in the following Lead Team meeting. If the evidence was sufficient and the staff member did not have an official warning (and they hadn't done something overly bad, such as mass banning players), I would talk to them about it and go over the rules and staff ethos with them to ensure they know what the rules are and how they should be handling situations. If the player did have an official warning (or they did something really bad such as mass banning players), I would discuss it at the following Lead Team meeting to decide on what the punishment for the staff member would be, or issue an emergency demotion, dependant on the severity of the situation.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
If a staff member banned a user for an excessive amount of time (for example, permanently banning someone for something slight such as disrespect or NLR), I would make sure that the player did not have enough recent warnings to mean that they were due a ban, and if not then I would speak with the staff member who issued the ban and ask them why they banned the player, and why they banned them for such a long time. If the staff member did not give a legitimate reason to ban them for such a long time, I would go over the rules and the staff ethos with them to ensure that something similar did not happen again, and then bring it up in the following Lead Team meeting to decide if further action should be taken. If it had been a particularly bad situation (for example, if they had been constantly banning without reason, or were consistently abusing the ban command, or, an example from TTT, if they just perma banned everyone online), then I would issue an emergency demotion, as the ban command is not to be abused, and if someone is doing so constantly or on purpose, then they should not be remaining in a way where they can continue to harm the server and its players.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
If a staff member were struggling to deal with a user in an appropriate manner, I would ask the staff member in admin chat or a private message what the problem with the user is. I would speak with the staff member and ask them to try to keep calm and deal with the user as they should. If the staff member continued to struggle, I would ask them if they wanted my help in dealing with the situation and then try myself to resolve the issue, but I would also speak with the staff member about how important it is for them to deal with users calmly and appropriately to ensure that another similar situation did not arise again. If the situation had been particularly bad, for example if the staff member had consistently had a poor attitude towards the user throughout the situation, and this had been something that had happened before with the particular staff member, I would also bring it up in the Lead Team meeting, in order to see if any further action should be taken upon the staff member.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
I would first of all ask the staff member making the report their side of the story and listen to what they have to say. I would then ask them if they have any evidence to support their claims. If the staff member had no evidence, I would ask the staff member they reported if this did in fact happen. If the staff member denied it, I would tell the staff member making the report that if something did happen again, to ensure that they gather some form of evidence to show what the staff member has done wrong. If the staff member being reported did not deny what they had done, I would speak to them about what they had done and go over the rules with them to ensure that they fully understand them and that nothing similar would happen with them again, and bring it up in the following Lead Team meeting to decide if further action would be taken.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks and argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
If an argument were to spark within the staff team, I would go to all of the members involved and ask each of them in turn what had happened. I would try to find out what happened between them all and explain to them all how bad it looks for the staff team to argue with each other, and the issues that it could cause for the server, as it could mean that staff members are not cooperating properly and could start to try to get each other in trouble or try to make it look like other staff member were abusing in order to get them demoted. I would keep an eye on all of the staff members involved in the argument, and if something were to arise between them again, then I would bring it up in the following Lead Team meeting in order to decide what could be done to prevent further arguments in the staff team.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I would speak to the staff member about what was going on, and ask them exactly what they were doing. I would explain to the staff member the staff ethos very carefully and go through the rules with them to make sure they know what they were doing wrong. I would also then bring it up at the following Lead Team meeting to decide whether any further action would be taken. If situations similar to this did continue constantly throughout the week, however, then I would issue an emergency demotion upon the staff member, as constant behaviour of that kind is unacceptable.

Thank you for reading my application! Any feedback or constructive criticism is more than welcome!
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756029

:plussp:
Trustworthy, friendly and active candidate!
  • Windows
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life isn’t a destination, it’s hell
  • Thanks received: 963
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheXnator

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756054

Good luck

:support:
  • ReduX07
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 51
atm afk in s2
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by ReduX07.

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756085

Considering this server is high maintenance and you are currently owner on 2 other server as well as lead team on some others I feel the server is in need of someone more dedicated and focused.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, TheXnator

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756139

Sally wrote:
Considering this server is high maintenance and you are currently owner on 2 other server as well as lead team on some others I feel the server is in need of someone more dedicated and focused.
  • Ashur
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Legendary Member
  • Thanks received: 1276

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756142

Good activity and great guy.
Very trustworthy.
The only "negative" I can see is that you are already staff on so many servers, and Owner on 2.
I'm not saying you are a bad candidate, you are a very good candidate in my opinion.
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756244

Sally wrote:

I understand that this may be a concern, but, as I have stated in my app, I believe that I would be able to handle this (proven by the fact that I am able to do all of my duties on every server, including updates for Prophunt and Murder, with enough time for school, homework and far too much time playing Civ V and Skyrim), and I don't see how I can really "improve" on this, since it is taken from a very subjective point of view. All I can really say is, I can get well over what is required of me on all the servers, and I feel that I have more than enough time to handle this, other than that, I guess it is up to you to decide on your opinion of the matter.
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756266

You have applied more times than i have on TTT huh... :plussp:
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756323

I never have seen you or rping.
  • _Kong_
  • Senior Boarder
  • - Karma me
  • Thanks received: 69

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756345

Yes he deserves it!

• Justintxz
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 219

[SSRP Super Admin] TheXnator's Application 6 years 5 months ago #756575

Xnator personally I don't feel like you are ready for the position at the moment. Firstly, I feel like you don't have the time to devote to SSRP. Being an SSRP lead team member takes a lot of time. I know from experience that owning 2 servers takes up vast amounts of time, on top of that you are also lead team on another 2 servers.

I feel like you have the capability to become a lead team member, you are active, have loads of experience and always turn up to the meetings. Your a great guy with loads of capability, however at this moment in time i feel like you don't have the time to devote it to the SSRP server and the lead team position that you are applying for.

Good luck & keep up the great work!
  • CaptinF1rework
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

279 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1