Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725310

Attempt #3

How do you feel that your time as an administrator has contributed to becoming a super administrator:
Being an admin for quite a while, and having past experiences with being an admin, I think my time as an admin on Prophunt has mainly contributed to making me more knowledgeable with ULX, as this is a system SSRP didn't use. Surf does use it, however, surf is a type of server where staff isn't even required to maintain it, and just gagging someone which is the main activity you would have it is easy to do.

On prophunt, I started to learn how ULX worked beyond the "gag". I've also learned how to deal with people on PropHunt, which obviously is different from dealing with them in SSRP, you have no sits or F1's. Instead, you have users who scream down the mic, play music through it etc, and the others will just be complaining in chat. It's a lot more unstructured than the F1 system SSRP has... but I learned how to deal with this as an admin/moderator on prophunt.

What makes you a good candidate for the super administrator team? ( in this part you can go as detailed as you want):
I think that mine & Anna's skills as an Ex-SSRP HeadAdministrator would make me a better candidate to become PH Super admin, Prophunt is certainly smaller than SSRP and it works a bit more simple, although roughly the same. I think I'll be able to use mine & Anna's past skills to use in an attempt to help make the server a better place, for both staff & users alike.

Trust
I've gained a lot of trust in the past, this is coming from the fact that I managed to become an SSRP Head Administrator, which shows that the people who were lead team at the time trusted me enough to give me the highest rank on the biggest server.

Great support
Crankybot is one of the reasons I'm still with prophunt, he's been an idol for me ever since I met him on the server and he's been a great friend of mine, I'm sure we'll get far together, and (attempt to) bring prophunt to greatness!

Activity

Activity still isn't too great, at least not yet. But I still got a way to go, the week ain't even close from being over and I'll gather more activity as this week goes on. It might not be a "solid 2 weeks of activity" but with the exception of someone who has all the time on their hands, I still have other stuff to do such as work and irl stuff. I will still manage to meet the minimal requirement and go above it by as much time as I feel comfortable/am able to spare without burning myself out in the progress.

Recent issues.

Not too long ago, I went a bit... well, mad.. to say the least. After trying to get SSRP, and prophunt to work with the 2 & 4 hour times it's been difficult, considering work takes up a lot of time. I somewhat figured it out, planning for ages and trying to get it all to fit in nicely, and you know. It came close to being completed, however then the minimal time got higher from 2 to 4 hours. Having done all that work only to have it discarded is a bit of a letdown, and sometimes can make someone mad especially if they put in a lot of effort trying to make it work. Having to see all that work let to waste, and the last part of our vacation going to something Anna wasn't even able to keep (SSRP staff) doesn't help a lot really. I already did say it, but I already did apologize to Xnator In person, but I do still want to apologize to Paramontana for the rather aggressive-ish pokes. And lastly to Anongaming, and the other two again for the rather targetted remarks about the time being increased. Getting pissed happens and that did simply happen.

Not-So-Long-Ago official warning.

So yeah, the header explains the basics, I had an official not too long ago for not meeting the minimal requirements for that week, but there was a good reason for that. This reason was once again work, the reason why I got that official is due to "the work reason expiring" but it was very much still an issue. I accepted the warn and didn't attempt to appeal it because it was just work that caused me to not meet the requirements for that week. And this was just as much due to me needing to get used to work as much as it was a bit of laziness. After which however I did just start playing actively, which is simple enough to do. Now I'm able to get the minimal activity each week at least, and as I'll show with this week I'll be able to get way more than that.

Microphones
so yeah, I don't have a microphone. That's technically not true, I do have one, however, I cannot use it due to a reason only certain people are aware of. However don't be fooled by this, this was once a concern for SSRP as well but I managed to proof the people in SSRP wrong and have shown that despite me not having a mic I did still manage to be a member of the SSRP Lead Team. I could do everything.
Meetings, Trainings, Talking to staff members... etc.
Me not having a mic is NOT a restricting factor for me, and those who think it is, don't. It's really not an issue.

Lead Team Duties/Capabilities.
As an Ex-SSRP Lead team member, I am already aware of all the duties we have as a lead team member, and unless stuff is dealt with really different from SSRP I already know everything I need to know, and everything that is expected from me. I'm sure I'll be able to live up to my duties because it really can't be harder than doing it on SSRP.

Explain a situation as an administrator you encountered that was an obstacle that required the help of a lead team member but you had to work around it when no lead team member was available:
This issue is quite predictable, Hackers. As an admin, you are unable to do anything against them. It's not like I've seen many of them personally, or caught any but I have often had the issue of suspecting someone but being unable to do something against them. There was sadly no way of working around this issue except for getting someone online to anti-cheat them for me, as there is currently no way to work around it.

Explain how you would review and handle an abuse report against another staff member:
Reviewing a report on a staff member is not too different from any other report. Following these steps, you can easily do it.
✔ Check the reason what the report was made for
✔ Check any proof which is available
✔ If proof is valid, and this is for a valid reason, then I'll write a verdict and post it on the report. (Accepted)
✔ If the proof isn't valid, I'll write a verdict and post this on the report (Denied)
✔ If the report is accepted I'll contact the staff member, and depended on a few factors
  1. Has the staff member had reports on them before?
  2. Have I spoken to the staff member about this before?
  3. Has the staff member already had an official for this reason?
If either of these are true, I'll have to bring it up in the lead team meeting, which I'll inform the staff member about. If neither of them are true, I'll just talk to the staff member and tell them not to do it again etc.

Explain in detail how you would act in the following situation:
A staff member bans a user for an excessive amount of time, how do you approach the staff member to ensure that everyone is treated fairly?
I'd try to contact the staff member over anyway, (Steam, TS, or in-game) and ask them why the ban was given with that amount of time, I then ask if he would ban someone else for the same amount of time. If they say they would, I explain the ETHOS to them again and tell them that they shouldn't ban for that amount of time.

And if they say they wouldn't ban anyone else for that reason I'd once again re-explain the ETHOS and make sure that next time they won't be biased over the ban, and if they were to be I would inform them that it would be brought up, then proceed to lower the ban.

A staff member is dealing with a user but is struggling to do so in an appropriate manner. How would you resolve the situation?
I'd try to explain to the staff member how to do it via steam or Admin chat, if the staff member fails to understand this I'll correct them in next situation they deal with, or proceed to show them how to do it next time. And if they keep failing at their job I might do a re-training of that staff member entirely. Because It's important for staff to know how to do their stuff.

A staff member accuses another staff member of breaking rules, how would you help resolve the situation?
If it's done in game
I'd tell the accusing staff member that he/she has to calm down and that they shouldn't try to involve themselves in situations they are unable to deal with. And instead, next time directly tell a lead team member whats going on.

After which I'll take over the situation trying to get to know what's wrong, if the person admits to breaking rules or has been breaking rules I'll talk to them telling them not to do it again (that is if they didn't do it before) otherwise bringing it up in the lead team meeting.

If it was reported directly to me via steam
I'll take over the situation trying to get to know what's wrong if the person admits to breaking rules or has been breaking rules I'll talk to them telling them not to do it again (that is if they didn't do it before) otherwise bringing it up in the lead team meeting.

A staff member acts in a disrespectful manner towards another staff member and or sparks an argument within the staff team. How do you resolve the situation?
I will tell the staff member that they have to stop acting in a disrespectful manner to anyone and explain that they have to manage to work together in a team, sure they don't have to love each other but they certainly gotta manage to work together, which won't work if they are being disrespectful, I will also break up any made argument and or tell them to take it to steam or in a private area if it's not related to the server.

If this is a repeating matter this can and will obviously be brought up into the LTM, as people who can't work together in a team can cause real big issues for any server, which is something I'd be looking forward to, to avoid.

You spot a staff member breaking rules to the point of harming other users, how do you approach the staff member?
I'll approach the staff member first via Admin chat, sure they're doing things wrong but that doesn't mean I gotta scream at them in the public view. If they don't seem to respond and keep breaking rules I'll (temporarily take away their powers if they're abusing) or just freeze them. And explain to them that if they keep breaking rules they're not far from being demoted.

If they keep making issues, however, I'll contact a higher LT member (Head Admins+) to deal with the situation directly, or even to emergency demote the person. As what they're doing really can cause a lot of issues, and most likely will harm the server's player base and the user's look upon the staff team.

random stats about this app
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator
The topic has been locked.

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725313

Yes please

:plussp:
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4300
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725314

How long did this fucking take holy shit!

:support:
  • perp
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • perp
  • Thanks received: 864
perp

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725315

I didn't support you these last few weeks, but I believe you're without a doubt ready now. Good luck!
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725319

i still don't see why u weren't accepted in the last meeting

• Sophia
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'll always be the last one standing
  • Thanks received: 775

if a person who plays the piano is called a pianist why isn't a racer called a racist?

Weeaboos, Otakus and Anime are the side effects of nuclear radiaton

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725321

:plussp: :zarp:

Goodluck
  • HostiOne
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 78
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by HostiOne.

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725324

:support:
  • Wolfi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Future Owner and Manager of Murder
  • Thanks received: 2708

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725834

Good Luck
  • TheNeonRaider
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ExSurf-Admin | ExBhop- Head Admin | Ex-SSRP- Admin
  • Thanks received: 31

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #725858

:minussp:

misbehaves on WhatsApp

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • CrankyBot
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Second Grade Soundboard
  • Thanks received: 1173
Ex-TTT & PropHunt Head Admin
Ex-Section Moderator & TeamSpeak Moderator

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #726240

:support:.
  • WHAMOO
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 21

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #727302

Yes please
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #727305

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss :plussp:
  • SammyZ
  • Senior Boarder
  • SAM#6200
  • Thanks received: 340

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #729600

*Deep breath*
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
*Breathe out*
  • Kemi
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Collateral is my favorite kind of damage!
  • Thanks received: 757

[SSRP] Ex-Head Administrator
[TeamSpeak] Ex-Head Administrator
[Prop Hunt] Ex-Super Administrator
[Forum] Ex-Global Moderator

[PropHunt Super Administrator] Akemi's Application 6 years 6 months ago #729609

Nice App :plussp:
  • Legacy™
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-SSRP Administrator Ex-Deathrun Administrator