TOPIC: Chris' report of abuse

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62705

Name - Chris (The community manager)
Steam-ID - I don't think it's required, unless he denies it
Evidence of Steam-ID - I don't think it's required, unless he denies it
Server - 1st one, downtown map
Rank - CM,SA
Reason - Jailing me randomly, banning from all cop jobs, abuse of power,
Story - I saw Chris with a big weapon out, I arrested him and then what follows are in the pictures;
he teleports me, we argue, he jails me for 20 mins and bans me from all cop jobs in the end, all that because
I arrested him with a big weapon out, nothing else.
Proof -
1. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...B5C4261B1B584B48DC3/
2. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...5D98E1D030A41992D11/
3. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...9D0D8AB922CC971E4BB/
4. cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...7E3B87AAD71EC6644FC/
5. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...854249CFF2820636D2C/
6. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...8AA98A01E348ECB4E1A/
7. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...A84E23E529A43863E31/
8. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...B58EB9781839C1D5C37/
9. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...1A38AF3DBD4C5A757A2/
10. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...DEC555D09FB976F503D/
11. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...52CB55C814D58CED94A/
12. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...B87CB31CA1258FF5914/
13. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...2919A24088C9DA43592/
14. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...1C7CAAD24723762FD98/
15. cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/57339920338...3A5526116589FA79B9F/

Time and date (CET) - 25th of July
Other comments: In light of recent events, and the threads getting removed to cover shit up I made this.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The things you own end up owning you.
  • Thanks received: 37
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Blazer.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kpro998

writing now 9 years 7 months ago #62706

1st

MOM, GET THE POPCORN, GET READY TO WATCH THE COMPLETELY BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION HATE TOWARDS SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR THIS COMMUNITY.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, TheAp4ch3

writing now 9 years 7 months ago #62714

I'm ready for this,
my doritos are ready.
My mt dew is on the table,i'm ready to read this.
  • Evo_Pineapple
  • Junior Boarder
  • pls no ban only luv

Chris' warning request 9 years 7 months ago #62717

K, enjoy
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Chris' warning request 9 years 7 months ago #62722

He just made 2 People resign, One of those resignations made me cry a lot in real life (LazyBro). And made Darth almost resign, including me. In the last time, he is also kind of immature, so I think he should get Demoted. Darth, Blocked, Kpro, and LazyBro all think he should get demoted. Also, I know this isn't a demotion request, but from his latest behavior, I suggest a demotion, a warning is the least he can get in my opinion.
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by ScorpionOnAcid.

Chris' warning request 9 years 7 months ago #62723

Chris you crossed the line this time.
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackelele

Chris' warning request 9 years 7 months ago #62724

Hopking wrote:
Chris you crossed the line this time.

I agree with Hopking.

EDIT: Yeah and no one should delete this thread :/
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by DarthVader.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62725

I think maybe Chris shouldn't lock this or Deny it.
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62726

Firstly, if you really had an issue, you wouldn't have reported this a month later. It kinda voids the situation for both of us as it's not clear in our memories.

Luckily, I remember this pretty well. I went up the stairs after waiting out my NLR, back to my upper base. I saw you, you turned around, I put my big weapon away, you baton rush me.

The rule states:
- They may only arrest wanted/people who break city law.

Now, whether you take the remainder of the / as parenthesis (so it's indicating that wanted players are people who break city law), or whether it's 'city law' - which it wasn't unless you can prove that there was an additional law specifying it (the 3 default laws don't include it afaik).

So, the issue was that you waived any chance for RP and didn't formally /wanted and arrest me. I had no reason to kill you, I wasn't already wanted at the time.

You received a punishment like everyone else would, a jail, a warn, and removal from the jobs that you caused issues in (which also contributed to ruining a large section of RP that involved a lot of people)
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62727

Zippyjack wrote:
I think maybe Chris shouldn't lock this or Deny it.

Why would he deny/lock this, it will be done the same way as others work.
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62728

Oh my, this is actually comical.

To see how quickly a community can turn sour to someone who has contributed to the community so much. Chris has worked so hard with the rest of the lead team to make ZARP what it is today. You may see me as just a minge, but I can tell you, in all my time here at ZARP Chris has been an active, friendly face that I can always talk to if I need any help or assistance. Even under heavy, undeserved criticism, Chris has still stood strong and to his principles. He's always stuck up for the little guy, and right now, the little guy is Chris, and someone has to stand up for him. That person is me. If you stalk someone for months, of course you will eventually witness a slip up, find a flaw in an otherwise great personality. The work Chris does is completely voluntary, and to be slated so hard for this work is abhorrent.

Also:
- They may only arrest wanted/people who break city law.
As Chris has stated, you have just jumped on the hype wagon, and you're just exploiting it to get him demoted / to cause drama. Unless you can provide proof of the lawboard at the time (which you can't,) the whole report is voided and thus should be locked and denied.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by exrobite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris, Morgan, Blocked

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62730

Chris wrote:
Firstly, if you really had an issue, you wouldn't have reported this a month later. It kinda voids the situation for both of us as it's not clear in our memories.

Luckily, I remember this pretty well. I went up the stairs after waiting out my NLR, back to my upper base. I saw you, you turned around, I put my big weapon away, you baton rush me.

The rule states:
- They may only <strong>arrest wanted</strong>/people who break city law.

Now, whether you take the remainder of the / as parenthesis (so it's indicating that wanted players are people who break city law), or whether it's 'city law' - which it wasn't unless you can prove that there was an additional law specifying it (the 3 default laws don't include it afaik).

So, the issue was that you waived any chance for RP and didn't formally /wanted and arrest me. I had no reason to kill you, I wasn't already wanted at the time.

You received a punishment like everyone else would, a jail, a warn, and removal from the jobs that you caused issues in (which also contributed to ruining a large section of RP that involved a lot of people)

I don't think it matters about the time when I report it, Chris, it is what you like to call "common sence" that people with big weapons out get arrested without any warnings, this is known to everyone and is quite obvious, if you took a look at the 2nd picture in the proof section you could see it says "Possesion of illegal weaponry", that system automatically makes you /wanted when you get arrested with a big gun.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62731

Now If I think about it Chris did nothing all he did is explain to blazer what he done wrong and give him a punishment like any other staff will do. ;)
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62732

Please, common sense is like the play-dough of the rules.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62733

Blazer wrote:
I don't think it matters about the time when I report it, Chris, it is what you like to call "common sence" that people with big weapons out get arrested without any warnings, this is known to everyone and is quite obvious, if you took a look at the 2nd picture in the proof section you could see it says "Possesion of illegal weaponry", that system automatically makes you /wanted when you get arrested with a big gun.

Blazer Quotes
what you like to call "common sence" that people with big weapons out get arrested without any warnings

We removed anything to do with common sense in the rules a long time ago as it was too ambiguous and allowed people to bend the rules.
it says "Possesion of illegal weaponry", that system automatically makes you /wanted when you get arrested with a big gun.

It does it even if it's holstered. Regardless, the rule states that they must be wanted before arrest, not during or after.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62740

Chris wrote:
Blazer wrote:

<strong>Blazer Quotes</strong>
what you like to call "common sence" that people with big weapons out get arrested without any warnings

We removed anything to do with common sense in the rules a long time ago as it was too ambiguous and allowed people to bend the rules.
it says "Possesion of illegal weaponry", that system automatically makes you /wanted when you get arrested with a big gun.

It does it even if it's holstered. Regardless, the rule states that they must be wanted before arrest, not during or after.

Even if it doesn't say common sence in the rules anymore, it still is common sence, also it's
first time I am hearing that you need to stop mid-chase and write /wanted Name Illegal weapons
and then continue the chase if the system does it for you automatically, why waste time to
risk getting killed or risk the wanted person running away, it's completely unneccesary,
even if you're right on this, there is no sence in this.
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62741

Rules > Sense

Or at least that's what's hammered into my head every time I break a rule (not often)
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62742

Exrobite wrote:
Rules > Sense

Or at least that's what's hammered into my head every time I break a rule (not often)

Yes only your minutely**(not sure if this is a word) RDMing :(
Not Often lol
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by DarthVader.

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62743

Exrobite wrote:
Rules > Sense

lol didn't you recently get community banned or something?
  • Blazer
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Chris' report of abuse 9 years 7 months ago #62744

Blazer
Even if it doesn't say common sence in the rules anymore, it still is common sence

Obviously not, since it's not a rule.
first time I am hearing that you need to stop mid-chase and write /wanted Name Illegal weapons

Since you're going to extract an example from the rules, if you think that's absurd, do you think that running at a heavily armed person with a stick is ideal?
and then continue the chase if the system does it for you automatically, why waste time to

If it did it automatically, it would be a case of a cop seeing someone with an illegal weapon, and it wants them because they're seen with it. Hence, the rule takes precedence and makes the cops wanted the person before arrest. If someone is weapon checked, it confiscates it - it's not specified in the rules, so you didn't have to use that feature which 'automatically does it' - so we have that for people to use at their own leisure, but the rules in this case make you wanted someone first.

Again, you wouldn't run at someone with an auto gun with a stick that tps you to a cell, but the rules allow it under the condition that you actually want them prior to it.
risk getting killed or risk the wanted person running away, it's completely unneccesary,

Risk getting killed? There's no balance there. All you need to do is hit me once, and I'm gone - I'd have to hit you multiple times. If you wanted to RP it properly, you'd officially /wanted them and get backup to help you rather than baton rushing them - again, hence the rule.

even if you're right on this, there is no sence in this.

Then I invite you to take it up as a suggestion.
Blazer wrote:
Exrobite wrote:
Rules > Sense

lol didn't you recently get community banned or something?

As much as it's not relevant, he got unbanned. You don't see me mentioning that you got demoted, so unless you want me to bring that up on your demote request against me, target me solely.

You completely ignored his argument, have a little more courtesy please.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: exrobite
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

195 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32