Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Raeker?

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782733

So I was told that this base is allowed due to the fact all keypads had a valid use. The reason behind destroying my nuke was becuase he said my keypads didn't link. He ignored me when I said its because of the props destroyed. I was also told last night by spooder that the base was infact allowed since the way I had it there was no maze and you could go both way around it. After reviewing the base with Raeker himself he then goes on about how a nocolided button that you can jump through is the reason he nocliped in and destroyed the dup. Yes I agree the base is stupid and "shouldn't be allowed" I say it every time I use it. The reason I use it? becuase everyone else use's the same type of base. The whole way of him dealig with this situation was stupid. He would take no one elses side of story into hand apart from himself. Here is the base before the props was destroyed
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1231957716
  • jack bushross
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 4930
SSRP- Super Administrator
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by jack bushross.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: schnitzel nazi, Micky

reaker? 6 years 4 months ago #782734

Make keypads and buttons destroyable ;)
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 821

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782735

Hello Jack,

Aside from the fact that the base was illegal, you'll also have to make a demote request on me rather than making this post trying to call me out for something that was an entirely valid thing to do. I have moved this to report abuse for you, you only have to fill in the following template:
[b]Staff Member(s) Name:[/b]

[b]Staff Member(s) SteamID:[/b]

[b]What did the Staff Member(s) do?:[/b]

[b]What server(s) was this on?:[/b]

[b]Evidence:[/b]
Simply press the EDIT button on your original post and fill in the template. To help you, here is my SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58124960.
  • Raeker
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Raeker.

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782736

Im not reporting you Im just saying the way you handled it wasn't the correct way. You wouldnt listen to anyone apart from yourself.
  • jack bushross
  • ZARP VIP

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782740

If you're not trying to report me then what are you trying to do, exactly? Because it's not like I'll "learn" from this or anything, especially as I handled the situation correctly. I was informed that you had the illegal keypad base up, and when I checked myself before moving in it did in fact seem to be that way.

I went in and asked you to remove the keypads ASAP. You refused, so I told you I'd destroy the nuke instead. As you just went on with defending the base I destroyed the nuke, after which you started to complain about how I was abusing. Someone then mentioned that apparently there was another button up that made the base illegal as well, and I agreed at the time because my admin tool showed that it wasn't connected. I did not change my reasoning because of that button, I simply added that that button was another factor to the base that made it illegal. It turns out to not have been the case, which most likely has to do with the fact that the admin tool only shows connected keypads and not buttons. I apologise as I was not aware of this feature.

However, the keypads were still illegal. You were loopholing the rules to make your base better. This is why exactly the base is illegal:
4.2 Buttons & Keypads - Buttons and keypads must be clearly visible and should not be used as decorations but rather only be used for the activation of your contraptions.
When I first saw your base, the fading doors were destroyed. I will admit that I did not realise this at the time, however this doesn't make your base any more legal. The fading doors were set up in such a way to make sure that users could not easily enter the base when the fading doors were destroyed. You were purposely loopholing the rules in such a way to make sure that the base was not easily accessible with the use of keypads, which is not their purposely intended use.
4.4 Obstacles - Player built obstacles that impede player movement are not allowed. This includes obstacles that slow the player, force the player to crouch or force the player to jump. Players should not be forced to traverse over world props or difficult to traverse areas of the world they would not otherwise need to pass. This includes but isn't exclusive to forcing a player to jump or crouch between or through parts of the world or other strange places. No mazes may be built, players should only be presented with one way to navigate prop defenses.
"Player built obstacles that impede player movement are not allowed." The use of keypads in this way were meant to impede player movement. "This includes obstacles that slow the player" - which you did with the use of keypads.

"No mazes may be built, players should only be presented with one way to navigate prop defenses." Now I know that you have stated in your post that you could apparently go both left as well as right. Personally when I tried to go through it I could only go left, although it did seem that I could go right, thus it was a maze contraption as well. However, if I'm wrong about this, then that still means your base is illegal because of the previous points I have raised.

Please follow the rules next time. You can read them here.
  • Raeker

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782746

Well just starting this from the top, I was told that the base was allowed the way I had it setup, Iv been using it for a number of days along with admins using and nuking/raiding, The way you handled the situation you said yourself wasnt the right way, you assumed everything. I couldnt of eaisly sent you a screenshot. Another thing. I still dont see how the button isnt allowed, considering its use is for a shooting window and is able to be walked through by players if the prop is destroyed. It causes no purpose apart from a button. And, you also say a Maze at the botum of your reply. I didnt have a maze you could go left if you crack the keypad (if the props arnt destroyed) or you can go right if the doors are destroyed. There arnt any false entracne's at all on the keypaded area.
  • jack bushross
  • ZARP VIP

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782751

jack bushrsos wrote:
Well just starting this from the top, I was told that the base was allowed the way I had it setup, Iv been using it for a number of days along with admins using and nuking/raiding, The way you handled the situation you said yourself wasnt the right way, you assumed everything. I couldnt of eaisly sent you a screenshot. Another thing. I still dont see how the button isnt allowed, considering its use is for a shooting window and is able to be walked through by players if the prop is destroyed. It causes no purpose apart from a button. And, you also say a Maze at the botum of your reply. I didnt have a maze you could go left if you crack the keypad (if the props arnt destroyed) or you can go right if the doors are destroyed. There arnt any false entracne's at all on the keypaded area.
I never said that I didn't handle the situation the correct way. I said that I might have made one or two mistakes regarding the base and whether or not one part of it was legal. I have in fact handled the situation correctly, as the base is illegal, and illegal nuke bases means that you as the staff member are urged to delete the nuke. The fact that I originally tried to get you to remove them instead of destroying the nuke instantly was me trying to be kind to you, however you were the one that refused to listen to me - not the other way around.

I actually admitted in my post that the button was not illegal, however that had to do with me misunderstanding the admin tool function as I thought it would work on buttons as well, something it apparently does not. That's one of those things you only find out during situations such as these, so you can hardly blame me there. Nor does it actually have anything to do with the grand scheme of things, as your base is still illegal.

If you had actually read my post you would understand why I said your base was a maze set up. Maybe read that bit again, as you're completely ignoring what I said about it.

You're also ignoring the matter of the keypads impeding player movement, the whole reason why the base is illegal. I will repeat one more time that I did not handle the situation wrongly, you're just loopholing and upset about the fact that their nuke got ripped for all the right reasons.
  • Raeker
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Raeker.

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782759

jack bushrsos wrote:
Yesterday in the teamspeak it was clarified that this sort of base is not allowed, i was wrong indeed yes, but this is a very difficult, interresting topic. This is not allowed because of several reasons provided by raeker. Since this has been clarified by raeker, tyler and captin you can asume from them that this kind of base is not allowed, and never will be. Again sorry that i said this was allowed i was wrong, this has been clarified.
  • spodermon
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • heyyyy
  • Thanks received: 1394
bestest ex ssrp super admin

e
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782787

well like you said yesterday it will be talked about in the "meeting" as well. I was just annoyed how raeker assumed my base base how he thought it was, when infact it was mainly all leagle (at my that time of rules)
  • jack bushross
  • ZARP VIP

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #782788

jack bushrsos wrote:
well like you said yesterday it will be talked about in the "meeting" as well. I was just annoyed how raeker assumed my base base how he thought it was, when infact it was mainly all leagle (at my that time of rules)

Your base was never legal in the first place, no rule was actually changed people were just confused on it.
  • MichaeI
  • Mythical Boarder
  • CBR500R
  • Thanks received: 1063

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #783000

Just listen to Raeker and lets avoid this problem.
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #783005

#DramaAlert
  • John Smith
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 22

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #783068

John Smith wrote:
#DramaAlert
Shit posting 101 ^
  • Diet Water
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 748

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #783082

Diet Water wrote:
John Smith wrote:
#DramaAlert
Shit posting 101 ^
This full post is, Either you are reporting him or you are just either after attention or attempting to create drama
  • John Smith
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #783083

John Smith wrote:
Diet Water wrote:
John Smith wrote:
#DramaAlert
Shit posting 101 ^
This full post is, Either you are reporting him or you are just either after attention or attempting to create drama

don't disrespect
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #783091

Studio Banter wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Diet Water wrote:
John Smith wrote:
#DramaAlert
Shit posting 101 ^

don't disrespect
EHEHH Whoops sorry was that to much truth EHHEHE ;)
  • John Smith
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Raeker? 6 years 4 months ago #788223

jack bushrsos wrote:
Im not reporting you Im just saying the way you handled it wasn't the correct way. You wouldnt listen to anyone apart from yourself.

Then I'll be locking this as Raeker gave an explanation, I feel like this should go no further.
  • Clarky
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

173 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40