Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899580

Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:
Someone has to argue the other side so i guess i will. We have a zero tolerance policy towards any form of discrimination on all zarp servers, this can mean that even saying a word that can be classed as discriminatory can get you punished regardless of context. As for what you actually said while petty the word in question is still used as a form of abuse to people with mental disabilities, i get what your point was but you still should not have said it.
This was used as an example in the situation though. He didn't say "You are retarded" or "What a retard" or anything along those lines, he simply said "I got banned for calling someone a retard", which is a fact. That isn't discrimination in the slightest and I don't see why he should be punished for it.

That's great now I'm being cornered. Let me explain. Svanz, was shitting and talking how the server rules are shit, talking about how you can easily get banned or what not, pretty much trying to make the server look bad. Ilikeblenko jumped stating that he had been banned for calling someone a retard. Note that before he said it people were chatting about how the server is too harsh etc and just causing a full uproar. When he said the word retard, I got offended and clearly it's a disrespectful word that shouldn't be used. I don't care how it was used, you don't need to use it ever. He was obviously trying to cause more reactions by saying it. If you think I was too harsh I'm sorry, but I got offended by it, and I think that should be held into perspective.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi
  • Thanks received: 48
The topic has been locked.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899581

Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:
Someone has to argue the other side so i guess i will. We have a zero tolerance policy towards any form of discrimination on all zarp servers, this can mean that even saying a word that can be classed as discriminatory can get you punished regardless of context. As for what you actually said while petty the word in question is still used as a form of abuse to people with mental disabilities, i get what your point was but you still should not have said it.
This was used as an example in the situation though. He didn't say "You are retarded" or "What a retard" or anything along those lines, he simply said "I got banned for calling someone a retard", which is a fact. That isn't discrimination in the slightest and I don't see why he should be punished for it.
Out of interest then what if he had said "i got banned for saying the nword(except he actually said it)"? In my eyes zero tolerance should mean it should be the same for all cases, while he is not saying it directed at anyone he is still saying it and i'm sure the majority of staff would see this as punishable. In my opinion zero tolerance means we should stick to it being zero tolerance not say context suddenly matters in the case of one word while for another it should not, keep it consistent no matter how petty it is.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: LonelyDodo

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899583

ENOUGH.

Let Lead Team handle this please.

Wait for the outcome and if you disagree then you may complain. But for now there's no reason to debate this here. I mean, guy doesn't even have clear evidence.

You guys can discuss about the rules on Steam/TS, not here.
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Life's Good! Do more of what makes you Happy :D
  • Thanks received: 538
Click the image below to add me on Steam!

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

«Μια καλή μαλακια είναι ίσον με τρία καλά γαμησια» Στεφανος Χίος 2019 μ.Χ.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899584

Miia wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:
Out of interest then what if he had said "i got banned for saying the nword(except he actually said it)"? In my eyes zero tolerance should mean it should be the same for all cases, while he is not saying it directed at anyone he is still saying it and i'm sure the majority of staff would see this as punishable. In my opinion zero tolerance means we should stick to it being zero tolerance not say context suddenly matters in the case of one word while for another it should not, keep it consistent no matter how petty it is.
The difference is that one of the two is a racial slur. Besides, I have actually not punished people for stating facts like that. It was only earlier this week that a user said, and I quote, "Wtf so we can't say nibba?" I didn't punish this user for this and instead told him I would do so if he continued on about the issue. He is merely stating a fact and as long as he doesn't make an issue out of it I don't see why I should make an issue out of it either.

Besides, I have used words as examples myself. I just said retarded, as an example, right here on the forums. The same rules apply on the forums as they do on the server. Would I get demoted now? Or when I had a discussion with Xnator with Chute in the spacer, I also used, and I quote, "nibba" as an example. Should I have been banned from the Teamspeak?

Of course I shouldn't, because I was merely stating a fact and asking questions. It is retarded to immediately punish a user for it. And yes, I do believe that also counts for the n-word, though that is a little different to other words such as loopholes and insults.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: IEatBlueCrayons

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899585

Dylan. wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:

That's great now I'm being cornered. Let me explain. Svanz, was shitting and talking how the server rules are shit, talking about how you can easily get banned or what not, pretty much trying to make the server look bad. Ilikeblenko jumped stating that he had been banned for calling someone a retard. Note that before he said it people were chatting about how the server is too harsh etc and just causing a full uproar. When he said the word retard, I got offended and clearly it's a disrespectful word that shouldn't be used. I don't care how it was used, you don't need to use it ever. He was obviously trying to cause more reactions by saying it. If you think I was too harsh I'm sorry, but I got offended by it, and I think that should be held into perspective.

No one is backing you into a corner buddy, it's simply the issue of whether the rules have been applied correctly. As Miia stated there is a zero tolerance policy, however the context it was used in would be hard to define as discrimination due to it being used as a factual statement and not in a derogatory way. Just use this as an excercise that we can all learn from to help us better morderate the server, as the outcome of this should hopefully clear up any ambiguity around this policy.

As ilikeblenko said in the server, he isn't looking to get you demoted, he just wants the warn removed, he's not out for blood. Svanz on the other hand....
  • IEatBlueCrayons
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899588

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198293946285/screenshots/

Took screenshots on chat, can't really record. Sorry if they're messed up but you can see svanz being toxic towards the server.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899589

IEatBlueCrayons wrote:
Dylan. wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:

No one is backing you into a corner buddy, it's simply the issue of whether the rules have been applied correctly. As Miia stated there is a zero tolerance policy, however the context it was used in would be hard to define as discrimination due to it being used as a factual statement and not in a derogatory way. Just use this as an excercise that we can all learn from to help us better morderate the server, as the outcome of this should hopefully clear up any ambiguity around this policy.

As ilikeblenko said in the server, he isn't looking to get you demoted, he just wants the warn removed, he's not out for blood. Svanz on the other hand....

I want to drench him for blood.

It's awful how he acts and what he did and his 0 regrets and ignorance towards the situation.

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899591

Can I just add that yesterday, Blenko used the word "Retard" in a non-derogatory context, i then proceeded to ask him politely not to use the word. Which he then apologized and acknowledged what I told him. This was before this incident.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899594

Dylan. wrote:

Took screenshots on chat, can't really record. Sorry if they're messed up but you can see svanz being toxic towards the server.

Perfect example of showing bad behavior of me to save your own ass IN A CASE THAT'S NOT RELATED TO ME.

I'm not going to deny that I was talking huge trash on how the server is ran and how awfully you handeled the case, but for you to blame me to save your ass...

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899595

Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

Perfect example of showing bad behavior of me to save your own ass IN A CASE THAT'S NOT RELATED TO ME.

I'm not going to deny that I was talking huge trash on how the server is ran and how awfully you handeled the case, but for you to blame me to save your ass...

As Johnler has already stated, please refrain from causing fights on this thread, let it be used to provide evidence for the verdict. This is about if the punishment was just and not about Dylan's conduct.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnler

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899596

Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

I'm not here to blame anyone, jut to proof that a lot of uproar against the server rules was happening. Not blaming you buddy, i don't care what you want to do.
  • Dylan.
  • Senior Boarder
  • Hi

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899597

Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:

Svanz, calm down lol. I know you care and I get that you're pissed of over this, but I feel like acting this way is completely missing its mark. Besides, you're only riling yourself up here.

I've been there my dude, but at that point it is better to stand away from the PC for a while.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: IEatBlueCrayons, Mattors

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899602

Hello ilikeblenko!

I checked the proof provided and believe that the punishment given by our Moderator was a bit harsh. We might have a 0 tolerance policy when it comes to discrimination, but in your case you simply explained the reason of your ban without intending to offend anyone. Although, you also had some recent punishments for Disrespect in the past, the Moderator could have simply verbally warned you first before instantly Warning and Muting you since it was not a straight forward insult. In Zarp we always care about our users and want them to be treated fairly by our Staff. Thus, I have decided to Accept this Report Abuse. The Moderator will not be demoted, but simply talked to about this, since it is not very serious. Your warning will also be removed.

Thank you for reporting, sorry for the inconvenience and have a wonderful day!

#Accepted
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

Last Edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Johnler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IEatBlueCrayons

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899604

EXCUSE ME IM HANDLING THIS?
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yikes Svanz Comet

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899611

Dylan. wrote:
Svanzscape wrote:
Dylan. wrote:
First of all, use the correct template. Secondly if you have no evidence this won't count at all. Other than that I won't state anything any further as this can be based on lies for all I know.

That's such a bull shit, cowardly and childish response.

How the fuck did this (beep boop zarp is so nice and not backwards at all) get staff in the first place is beyond me.

As soon as the correct evidence and correct template are used I won't say anything. You've been causing a bit of trouble today. I handled the situation fairly for the benefit of the server. If you think I made a terrible mistake, then you must be wrong. Other then that stating that word disrespected and offended me. Learn to talk in a more mature manner instead of trying to cause an uproar against me.

Dylan although you are staff svan over here is the most respected ex Admin in my eyes and all I’m gonna say just don’t mess with him as he knows the rules more than you do with the experience he has
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899613

Raeker wrote:
Miia wrote:

I totally agree with this as to what I have read he is helping us by telling people not to say things so really he is just stating the rules rather than breaking them
  • Seargent44
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • F*@K
  • Thanks received: 326
Ex-TTT Super Administrator
Ex-JB Super Administrator
Ex-SSRP Moderator

dylan. admin on TTT server abusing power 6 years 1 week ago #899615

Can this get locked? ...
  • Johnler
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Ex TTT Head Admin
Ex Forum Staff
Ex TS Staff

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

228 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
2/32