Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Father Watson Q&A v2

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1249022

"Still going with your collection?"

Of course. I'm still around, my attendance is just a bit more spotty than before. But when I am on, I do like to hunt for the items I don't have. At the minute, I'm only lacking a few boards and the three Gold special suits.

I'm not in any rush to get them - but I'm gonna keep pushing until I get a hold of them.

"Wanna buy X item off me?"

Generally, I only buy things I don't already have. So, to be specific, I'm missing:

Ultraboard,
UFO,
Hotrod,
Aperture,
Gold ACS
Gold Jugg,
Gold Nano.

I do buy things I generally find cool, and those are:

QEDs,
Ion Beam,
Thermal Detonator,
Acid Grenade,
Rotten items (I like vomiting on people)
I'll add to this list as necessary, but this is about right.

"How are you?"

Good. You? I'm actually on my way to York again today. Should be good.

"Strawberry or Vanilla milkshakes?"

I like both, but I'd probably be more fond of strawberry.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 1041
https://gyazo.com/fbafb32cd9b0fe8b55a862c42ff71d9a
Login or register to post a reply.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1249232

Who else wants to ask an asinine question?
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1249235

Thoughts on Buffy?
  • narexa
  • Divine Boarder
  • ❤️ Buffy ❤️
  • Thanks received: 4844
Yes I'm female

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1249237

Favourite 80s slasher villain?
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252680

Completely forgot about this - my apologies.

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

Great person. Likes Silent Hill - my compliments!

"Favourite 80s Movie Slasher Villain?"

Probably Freddy Krueger. Something about haunting people's dreams was always fascinating. Might be why one of my favourite Pokemon was Gengar, given its signature was usually seen as Dream Eater. That said, I will say that when I heard about Freddy vs. Jason, I was honestly rooting for Jason - not 100% sure why. Perhaps it's because Jason's murders felt slightly more... manipulated? Like, he was a bit more tragic, versus Krueger, who just enjoys hurting and killing people.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Father Watson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter, narexa

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252682

Thoughts on me being very sexy still after Not PLAYING SSRP for SOME months

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252690

"Thoughts on Noah?"

Certainly still the man. Don't worry - my appearances on SSRP are few and far between nowadays, to be perfectly honest.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252695

Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

Probably Freddy Krueger. Something about haunting people's dreams was always fascinating. Might be why one of my favourite Pokemon was Gengar, given its signature was usually seen as Dream Eater. That said, I will say that when I heard about Freddy vs. Jason, I was honestly rooting for Jason - not 100% sure why. Perhaps it's because Jason's murders felt slightly more... manipulated? Like, he was a bit more tragic, versus Krueger, who just enjoys hurting and killing people.

Jason is tragic, cuz his origins is him drowning because of horny teens. Freddy's is on another level though.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252696

Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

Jason is tragic, cuz his origins is him drowning because of horny teens. Freddy's is on another level though.
Freddy was a big old nonce
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
  • Thanks received: 4693
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252697

Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

Freddy was indeed a nonce, too. What I find rather disturbing about it, is I feel like the remake was attempting to make Freddy's death more "sympathetic", so to speak. If memory serves, his death was never shown in the first film, as opposed to the remake, where it is shown, and everything is centred around his revenge.

Thinking about it, he and Norman Bates share the whole "My dead mother made me do it" thing. Whereas Freddy is more akin to "I'd like to watch the world burn and be the cause of it."

It's interesting aswell, thinking about the comparisons between the literal "Unstoppable Evil" of Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, and various other slasher villains, as opposed to the more metaphorical "Unstoppable Evil" of Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. It really took the whole one-man army concept used commonly in action films for the protagonist, and turned it into a feat that only the antagonist seems to hold.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studio Banter

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252699

Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

Thinking about it, he and Norman Bates share the whole "My dead mother made me do it" thing. Whereas Freddy is more akin to "I'd like to watch the world burn and be the cause of it."

It's interesting aswell, thinking about the comparisons between the literal "Unstoppable Evil" of Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, and various other slasher villains, as opposed to the more metaphorical "Unstoppable Evil" of Anton Chigurh in No Countery for Old Men. It really took the whole one-man army concept used commonly in action films for the protagonist, and turned it into a feat that only the antagonist seems to hold.
Lmao anton chigurh is unstoppable, first time he gets shot you think "it bleeds! maybe he has a chance" absolutely not, even the ending the man gets fucking T boned and walks off

Edit: I do also find it strange how in this film they give a nonce these powers, but maybe it's because they're making a monster, a monster and have stripped him of his humanity to become nothing more than just a nightmare?
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Lewis_is_java.

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252700

Lewis_is_java wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

It's interesting aswell, thinking about the comparisons between the literal "Unstoppable Evil" of Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, and various other slasher villains, as opposed to the more metaphorical "Unstoppable Evil" of Anton Chigurh in No Countery for Old Men. It really took the whole one-man army concept used commonly in action films for the protagonist, and turned it into a feat that only the antagonist seems to hold.
Lmao anton chigurh is unstoppable, first time he gets shot you think "it bleeds! maybe he has a chance" absolutely not, even the ending the man gets fucking T boned and walks off

Edit: I do also find it strange how in this film they give a nonce these powers, but maybe it's because they're making a monster, a monster and have stripped him of his humanity to become nothing more than just a nightmare?

I'd say back in the 80s, films were relatively simpler, evil was more streamlined - more obvious. Nowadays, everyone wants to make their evil nuanced, or make characters that aren't definitively good or evil. There are some people who even suggest that good and evil aren't even real, and that they shouldn't be treated as such.

But I'm of the mindset that good and evil do exist; and that it's because they do that people love films like slashers, because the villain is so obvious. The entire time, we're thinking to ourselves that we want the villain to lose, but there's even times where we might be rooting for the villain - because there's always a douchenozzle in slasher films who sleeps with like 3 girls in the same film and is generally unrepentant for his blaring, compensatory machismo.

Freddy's an example of "Extremely Obvious Evil." When children are involved in the horrors of a film, we're more likely to hate on the thing causing them to be involved. Hence Freddy being a nonce, because that's one of the very few things in life there's no coming back from.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252701

Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

You watch these movies and want the protagonist to win, but then you realise money and bad script writing are the real Unstoppable Evils of cinema.

Never wanted the "protagonists" in Friday the 13th to win though, that franchise can suck a dick.

He is the son of 100 maniacs and was abused heavily to the point where he just snapped. He became an reincarnation of evil and evil does have its power, common trope.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252706

Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

You watch these movies and want the protagonist to win, but then you realise money and bad script writing are the real Unstoppable Evils of cinema.

Never wanted the "protagonists" in Friday the 13th to win though, that franchise can suck a dick.

He is the son of 100 maniacs and was abused heavily to the point where he just snapped. He became an reincarnation of evil and evil does have its power, common trope.

On another note, I do find it rather odd that they decided to change the shower scene in the Bates Motel series to Sam getting murdered rather than Marion - who is played by an... oddly-placed Rihanna? Not that she isn't an interesting choice, but more that her acting is rather difficult to applaud.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252708

Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

On another note, I do find it rather odd that they decided to change the shower scene in the Bates Motel series to Sam getting murdered rather than Marion - who is played by an... oddly-placed Rihanna? Not that she isn't an interesting choice, but more that her acting is rather difficult to applaud.

There was a series? But nobody could play Bates than Anthony Perkins. He had that killer and charismatic look, like Ted Bundy.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252710

Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:
Studio Banter wrote:
Father Watson wrote:

"Thoughts on Buffy?"

There was a series? But nobody could play Bates than Anthony Perkins. He had that killer and charismatic look, like Ted Bundy.

There was, yep. It was a prequel series. The weirdest thing was that he was played by Freddie Highmore - who everyone knows from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory more than his other roles since then.

• Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252711

You ever watched the green mile?
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Λεωνίδᾱς

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252748

What made you join ZARP?

Why are you so kind and cheerful?
  • Jordz
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • More Scottish than Aidan himself
  • Thanks received: 2237

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252757

Jordz wrote:
What made you join ZARP?

Why are you so kind and cheerful?

Jordan, legend! Get on TeamSpeak mate!
  • Chuteuk
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner
  • Thanks received: 5063

Father Watson Q&A v2 3 years 10 months ago #1252763

"Have you ever watched The Green Mile?"

I haven't, but I've heard a considerable amount about it. I honestly think it sounds like a very interesting film. I'll give it a watch sometime. Speaking of Tom Hanks films, I'm also wanting to watch Won't You Be My Neighbour? That looks really interesting.

"What made you join ZARP?"

I credit a couple of my friends for this. I actually joined because they kept talking about Garry's Mod's interesting DarkRP servers. ZARP was the first server I tried. They played on another one for a bit, but I eventually got them to try ZARP and they quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately, they've kind of lost interest years ago, and I got them on recently, but it just didn't really captivate them anymore. Which is fine - I've made a number of lovely friends on here.

Funnily enough, when I first joined, I actually jumped between this one and a now-defunct server called KDG. They let you buy mod, which I think was also a feature on ZARP for a brief time. Anyway - I remember that for a while, DarkRP was probably one of my favourite things to play. I would sit at the computer in my living room and just enjoy the game for hours when I wasn't working. My first name on the game was Epiphany. It was the same name I had on another game I played called Torn. My first topic on this forum is actually my first moderator app, which I made only barely a week into starting playing. It was closed by someone called Smallville before the meeting, they claimed they had "never seen me" in the game, and just shut it.

Unfortunately, another thing when I first joined was my slightly weird tendency to jump between playing and... well, not. I used to play for hours, then eventually, I'd just get bored and leave for a couple of months, then come back. Nothing wrong with the game - I just had a limited attention span and occasionally that would make it difficult to keep my attention pressed to the game. Around 2015-ish was when I stopped doing this. That's why when I started collecting, I actually didn't have items that were available in the Christmas 2014 event, like the CS Grenades and the Silenced Sniper.

"Why are you so kind and cheerful?"

Always appreciate this kind of comment, but the truth is, I'm actually not always so cheerful and kind - sometimes I can be a bit impatient, a bit rough around the edges. Everyone can, but I suppose the reason I don't generally like being fussy or mean is because I'm not fond of confrontation, and I've always genuinely appreciated the concept of making people happy. Doing unto others as I'd have them do unto me. Maybe I have a bit of a need for approval. But that's just me.

No-one really asked, but just in case you're curious, I'm actually on the spectrum; in 2010, I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, but I've also been told I'm high-functioning, so perhaps it doesn't really affect me as much as it could. I still feel myself occasionally struggling with social cues, and finding it difficult to understand why people get upset over certain matters. Sometimes I worry I don't have enough empathy; sometimes I worry I just have different empathy. But I suppose everyone does. That's what makes us human, and individuals.
  • Father Watson
  • Nitro Booster
The following user(s) said Thank You: narexa
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

135 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
9/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32