Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Achievements

[TTT] Achievements 8 years 11 months ago #138613

Exrobite wrote:
Also, it's something nice to add to the second most neglected ZARP server.

Yus.
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.
Login or register to post a reply.

[TTT] Achievements 8 years 11 months ago #138618

Something Walrus wrote:
tomvtv wrote:
It won't happen.

I didn't like the idea from the start when I was still on holiday.

There's the leaderboards for one thing and no point for achievement installment.
Morgan wrote:
I don't see the point, since there are leaderboards.

I don't really understand this. How does having the leaderboards compensate with us having no achievements? Ofcourse I'm not saying that achievements ARE needed, but I don't get the logic between you two's statement regarding that. They both aren't needed in the server and serve no real purpose.

Also,Something Walrus wrote:
Give me three good reasons for it to be added and I post my final response then.

If we're using this argument then please give me 3 reasons why the levels in DR and leaderboards in TTT needed to be implemented. Are they absolutely needed in these particular servers? Are they really unmissable for their gamemode? You can smell the answer coming from me; no they're not. All you can think of are reasons why it could be needed to let users have a new goal to accomplish, but in the end it just stays something which can be easily missed from the server.

From thereoff I don't see why achievements could be a bad thing for the server. If you approve of leaderboards and levels in their particular servers, then I don't see why you won't approve of achievements. They don't serve anything more as what leaderboards and levels do aswell: You see a goal you want to accomplish, you go for it, you get it, done. Nothing more is done with it. Sure you get points for completing an achievement which is the extra plus with this feature, but what difference does it make? There are regulars who have over 50k points on their account and they don't spend it on anything as they already have their swag they like.
  • Visionz
  • Junior Boarder
  • #pointwhore
  • Thanks received: 64

Take some music with you!

[TTT] Achievements 8 years 11 months ago #138619

Visionz wrote:
Something Walrus wrote:
tomvtv wrote:
It won't happen.

There's the leaderboards for one thing and no point for achievement installment.
Morgan wrote:

I don't really understand this. How does having the leaderboards compensate with us having no achievements? Ofcourse I'm not saying that achievements ARE needed, but I don't get the logic between you two's statement regarding that. They both aren't needed in the server and serve no real purpose.

Give me three good reasons for it to be added and I post my final response then.

If we're using this argument then please give me 3 reasons why the levels in DR and leaderboards in TTT needed to be implemented. Are they absolutely needed in these particular servers? Are they really unmissable for their gamemode? You can smell the answer coming from me; no they're not. All you can think of are reasons why it <em>could</em> be needed to let users have a new goal to accomplish, but in the end it just stays something which can be easily missed from the server.

From thereoff I don't see why achievements could be a bad thing for the server. If you approve of leaderboards and levels in their particular servers, then I don't see why you won't approve of achievements. They don't serve anything more as what leaderboards and levels do aswell: You see a goal you want to accomplish, you go for it, you get it, done. Nothing more is done with it. Sure you get points for completing an achievement which is the extra plus with this feature, but what difference does it make? There are regulars who have over 50k points on their account and they don't spend it on anything as they already have their swag they like.

Gj, you wrote exactly what I wanted to say but was too lazy to type.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
The following user(s) said Thank You: Visionz

[TTT] Achievements 8 years 11 months ago #138634

Visionz wrote:
Something Walrus wrote:
tomvtv wrote:
It won't happen.

Morgan wrote:

If we're using this argument then please give me 3 reasons why the levels in DR and leaderboards in TTT needed to be implemented. Are they absolutely needed in these particular servers? Are they really unmissable for their gamemode? You can smell the answer coming from me; no they're not. All you can think of are reasons why it <em>could</em> be needed to let users have a new goal to accomplish, but in the end it just stays something which can be easily missed from the server.

Alright I see your point; I cannot hate you Visionz as you're providing me with romance anime anyway.
At least you gave me reasons for it.
  • Studio Banter
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • ❤️
  • Thanks received: 5848
The following user(s) said Thank You: Visionz

[TTT] Achievements 8 years 11 months ago #138784

Visionz wrote:
Something Walrus wrote:
tomvtv wrote:
It won't happen.

Morgan wrote:

Thank you visionz!
  • Daiki Aomine
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • The zone
  • Thanks received: 129

[TTT] Achievements 8 years 11 months ago #138787

Well, if we're all throwing ideas on the table

Use the force
Kill 10 enemies with discombobulators

NObar
Kill a terrorist with your crowbar

What goes around
Kill 10 traitors who have recently killed someone else

Trouble in traitor town
Kill all of the traitors in one round (has to be 2+ traitors,)

Mmph Mmph Mmph!
Burn 10 bodies with the flare gun

Chris Moyles
Purchase the radio 10 times

Pro Buddhism
Have 1000 karma for 10 rounds in a row

Disciple
Kill 3 innocents with one holy grenade

Keep your friends close...
Get 10 assists on traitors

...But your enemies closer
Kill 5 people at once with a Jihad bomb

On the map
Win 5 rounds while using a radar

See you later, alligator
Use the teleporter 5 times

In a while, crocodile
Kill somebody while they are teleporting

Slithery Snake
As a traitor, kill the detective with a knife
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by exrobite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LightArrowsEXE
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

211 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
8/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
1/32