Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: End of the "legend"?

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11719

So today i just got o.o, when i readed this: http://zarpgaming.com/http://zarpgaming ... ic.php?t=0

Scottie, whatever happenes, i will remember you as the Legend on Zarp and i wish you good luck, without you the zarp forum will be a Dead Forum, please don't leave us, we need you, ZARP need you, for me you was, you are, and you will be a legend.

;c

Regards. Bobi
  • Bobai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30
Login or register to post a reply.

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11725

Hey buddy,

Just put my faction on hold seeing as I made some actions in RP, only they weren't responded to. People don't take their faction roles seriously (from other factions) and don't respond nor show up to meetings. My faction was perhaps a step too far towards serious role-play. There are some faction suggestions out, so I may wait and see if they give us more chances. There is no real RP possible on #1 without being bombed and raided every 2 seconds. It just leaves social RP out of the picture. Thusfar the faction part.

As explained here I am quite sick and recovering. This left me to a good few weeks to think about things I want to do with my life. In this case, my free-time won over college. I've left ZARP before for various reasons and mostly disagreements. Recently the sherade with Crack played up and it made me realize some things as I was sick. Allot of things have changed on ZARP, technically such as the map but also socially. Allot of my old friends are gone, and I often feel like a lone soldier fighting a war to improve ZARP. As much as a strong headed person I may be, the constant fighting with some characters on ZARP is very much draining to my soul. This along with the fact the admins and owners have rarely listened to me nor any of their staff, and I keep ending up trying to fix things is making me extremely tired. I seem to do the most work around this community, and I am the last person in line to get any credit for it. Which is something I don't really care about, but instead I get grief. Allot of assholes blaming me for a million things, just because I happen to be the only actual face and ear of the community.

[align=center:1vyxw8az] [/align:1vyxw8az]

Now that I haven't been with the staff for a while, and also my in-game money is slowly starting to fade away, I see no real reason to stick around. Like I said, my faction is not enjoying the features of RP found on serious RP servers. The things I try and get done for ZARP are costing so much effort to have caren about that I prefer not to do it. Also I finally made the personal step to decide it is not at all my responsibility to keep ZARP improving. I don't see this happening overnight and I am tired of getting 10+ e-mails a day from random people including pm's asking me to solve their things. This goes for both staff as players.

I've always enjoyed helping out all of you, but what am I doing it for? In the end of the day, everyone is minding their own business. I don't blame them, they are getting used to seeing Scott work his ass off, whilst the rest of the staff just does their job with grievers and doesn't mind the rest. I've found much trust and consult in seeing that Crack at some point, started to work on the flaws on ZARP. He also received such amount of grieve, he was forced to take a break within a week of him taking actions.

It saddens me, but it woke me up from a long stroke trying to get my right. I've often said things that are considered inappropriate or indecent. And to tell you the truth, the last 3 weeks I've been under threat of the owners, saying I would be perma-banned if I act or opinionize any of the staff any further. In other words: leave ZARP alone. Perhaps subconsciously this is not what they wanted to achieve, but they have. I've been driven to the point where even I don't give a flying fuck about ZARP anymore. I've been carrying angry messages from staff to owners for the past days and I am capable of so much more than just that. I would be insane to stick around to this unthankful peace of crap form of regular player that only gets dumped on for trying to fix the community, when I can be in such higher places instead. If-not just at peace not being involved with anything.

From a personal point of view, allot of my friends are gone. They have been replaced with 'admin figures' who have no relationship with ZARP what-so-ever, and abuse on such scale I don't even want to look into. People such as Hewbiee, whom for some reason find the gutts to talk to veteran members by asking them if they were 'abused in their youth'. I would be glad to see them banished and exterminated. Which will happen over-time. However then the next batch of assholes come in. ZARP has changed, and ZARP no longer feels like the home it used to be. Not only to me, but the entire ZARP family. Is this because of it's growth? No. It is because it is rotten from inside. Back in my day, we didn't have this issue. Mods were rarely demoted and trained properly. Staff were considered to an extreme level andfirst added to a trial rank rather than the real deal.

For this matter, I've also noticed being in-game playing is no opt for me anymore. Few admins who are on a bad turf with me, are constantly working to ban me for no reason, with no proof, for insane amounts of time. I cannot find any joy in my game-time if I am constantly having breath run into my neck, and I constantly have to fight ban appeal battles because a handful of admins doesn't do their job right.

Thus the reason for me to consider leaving, I've left about twice, but I think they've done it proper this time. I really don't want to be a part of this monster anymore. I cannot promise you I will be gone, and I cannot guarantee you I won't be some day either. My forum posts have been minimal at most lately and I don't think it'll regain again, for the simple reason at this point I have no desire being here. Unless I figure out for myself, I want to give it another go.

I've spoken to Agent, and instead of threatening me, he has this time actually taken some action on some policies I've been trying to push through for the past weeks. This includes the admin apps and demotion procedures. He has also promised me greater training for the staff. This is the first bit of sunlight shining through Agent's sore mood I've seen in a long time. He used to be awesome, but shit happened after the community growth. I hope he's finally composed himself. I have been asked to give him some time to work on things, this will substantially give me some time to figure out what I want from ZARP at this point.

Either way I'll do my best to leave it in a good state, that allows ZARP to take care of itself when I do decide to leave. I will always keep you up-to-date. I just really ain't sure at this point. I was planning to keep this quiet without any hassling long posts. But I couldn't ignore your thread.

I will put hard thinking through this decision before I make it.

Peace out,

Scottie.
  • Scottie

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11728

I don't see how this belongs to the Drama Hole Zeroxjeppe? Might as well wanna move all of the servercrash, birthday and other inactive posts if you're going to do this. There are 2 pages of rubbish in general discussion.

This contains no drama.

Congratulations Bobii: You've just been served by a ignorant fail admin. Now you experienced why I feel like leaving.

Curtis fixed it for us. Thanks buddy!
  • Scottie

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11735

*crying* i don't know what to think about this, really, Agentlulz must hire some admins/supahadmins to train the new Moderators, or maybe take a best mod which can traing all the Moderators, and close the mod apps, i understand they need money, thats why they will not remove the donation thing, but, they must do something.

and next thing im angry for that they look at Age, they should look on how mature peapol are, there can be some 10 years old kids which is actually more mature than half of the mod's.. and some 17 years old mods which can be less mature than 13 years old..
Scottie wrote:
I was planning to keep this quiet without any hassling long posts. But I couldn't ignore your thread.

you just made me cry.
  • Bobai
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 30

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11737

Bobii The Killer wrote:
*crying* i don't know what to think about this, really, Agentlulz must hire some admins/supahadmins to train the new Moderators, or maybe take a best mod which can traing all the Moderators, and close the mod apps, i understand they need money, thats why they will not remove the donation thing, but, they must do something.

and next thing im angry for that they look at Age, they should look on how mature peapol are, there can be some 10 years old kids which is actually more mature than half of the mod's.. and some 17 years old mods which can be less mature than 13 years old..
Scottie wrote:
I was planning to keep this quiet without any hassling long posts. But I couldn't ignore your thread.

you just made me cry.

Me and crack and some others trained Mods for a long time and to be honest we didn't even really get any recognition or 'thanks' for it.
  • Curtis
  • User is blocked
  • Oldest ZARP member. Old Head Admin.
  • Thanks received: 27

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11738

Bobii The Killer wrote:

Scottie wrote:

you just made me cry.

Actually, paid mods do better than application mods. For the simple reason application mods have the feeling they've already been 'accepted' by everyone to be a mod. This makes them disfunction. Paid mods have only invested money and it doesn't really matter as much to them. However I agree on the age part, it is really the other way around. As application mods have had to do allot of work which makes them believe they are untouchable in the community.
curtis wrote:
Me and crack and some others trained Mods for a long time and to be honest we didn't even really get any recognition or 'thanks' for it.

Because, no offense: it isn't your job. The head admin of #1, Veritas, is meant to co-ordinate the staff training. He most likely got the credit for it. He doesn't do shit and you, LoG and Crack mainly clean the shit up after him. Thus the reason I've been trying to get you three up the ranks, but LoG left and Crack is having a burn-out. Me neither ever got any recognition. None of us have. The only one getting more and more feathers up the butt is Veritas.

We have enough admins/superadmins. I don't think they do their job well. That's a second. I've tried to get Crack working by suggesting and pushing some actions, which worked out great as we've all seen how far he has come. However some superadmins, and I'm just going to say it: like Veritas, do not look after the staff properly. They are solely involved with their friends and not the rest of the staff. They forget they are meant to look after everyone, ever admin and every moderator. Perhaps the idea of having to do much work, or even invest more time into ZARP than school, is not very appealing to them. Which leads to them 'hating' me.

I can't solve this, but what I do know is that the server #1 staff has never been more pathetic than now. 2 to 10 demote requests a day. It's insane.

But hey. Don't cry. I really appreciate your sympathizing, but I don't want to make people sad. You're a good mod, even though I've had to sort you out after a couple of arguments.

[align=center:1ky3aqdg] [/align:1ky3aqdg]

Take care of my baby ZARP.

Scottie.
  • Scottie

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11746

Scottie, Although we have never been 'close' to each other, or played together, I always admired you, and thought you were awesome; I fully agree with you on every word you say, and I do think that the whole players, and the staff should respect you more, much more. It saddens me that you might leave because of such circumstances, but know, that I will remember you, and will miss you. You will always stay a role that I admire, and a great person in my opinion.

I wish you the best luck in your life Scottie,
  • Konth
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 15
[align=center:1xhz7bgy] [/align:1xhz7bgy]

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11751

Scottie wrote:

Actually, paid mods do better than application mods. For the simple reason application mods have the feeling they've already been 'accepted' by everyone to be a mod. This makes them disfunction. Paid mods have only invested money and it doesn't really matter as much to them. However I agree on the age part, it is really the other way around. As application mods have had to do allot of work which makes them believe they are untouchable in the community.

This i do not agree with. Paid mods use their power a lot more to abuse. The mods that i have seen accepted do a much better job than the paid. I have no idea where you have gotten this from, but since i have played on the server the paid abuses A LOT more. Now i am not saying they all do, but the difference between paid and accepted mods are a big difference...
  • FellaN
  • Fresh Boarder
http://i.imgur.com/gLi4Fdx.gif?1

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11766

Konth wrote:
Scottie, Although we have never been 'close' to each other, or played together, I always admired you, and thought you were awesome; I fully agree with you on every word you say, and I do think that the whole players, and the staff should respect you more, much more. It saddens me that you might leave because of such circumstances, but know, that I will remember you, and will miss you. You will always stay a role that I admire, and a great person in my opinion.

I wish you the best luck in your life Scottie,
  • Scottie

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11773

Well Scottie, if you do leave, I hope you've made the right decision :) .

On a side-note, where are the mentors promised on the moderator applications...
Also, #2 is probably in worst state than #1.
  • Trails
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

End of the "legend"? 11 years 4 weeks ago #11776

Trails wrote:
On a side-note, where are the mentors promised on the moderator applications...
Also, #2 is probably in worst state than #1.

As I said before, the head admin of #1 is doing a terrible job getting involved with staff matters. LoG_Monster used to do this, but he left ZARP. I'm not sure if he will pick it up again.

It is however Veritas his job, you're meant to ask him.

And yes, server #2 is worse but has had no head admin for some time (IcyFresh was inactive). So there are some obvious problems that lead to it being neglected, #2 has been picked up by Crack and I think will improve greatly soon.

Ashame they promoted abuser Hewbiee.
  • Scottie
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds

225 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop