Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: (SSRP) Evilmelon Testserver OPEN!

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769920

MsMs wrote:
_Jason wrote:
MsMs wrote:
Name: MsMs
Steam Profile: STEAM_0:1:24779691
Why should you be chosen?: I would like to explore the new map and report any bugs.

NICE COPY PASTE! ;)
You are the boss

not really he changed it to MsMs :3
  • Overseer Nick
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm A Weeb
  • Thanks received: 53
Login or register to post a reply.

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769928

Name: Patriot
Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:155902977
Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198272071683/
Why should you be chosen?: I think I should be chosen because I would love to see more work by my boi Patrick!
  • Patriot
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Freedom is the sovereign right of every American.
  • Thanks received: 283

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769936

You have all been accepted, don't ruin my jugdement about you
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615
The following user(s) said Thank You: FFearFFul

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769937

Name: Shark

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:64533187

Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089332103/

Why should you be chosen?: I'd love to relive some old memories and help to find bugs and other problems in the process!
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist
  • Thanks received: 696
Zooming in is great guys!

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769938

Don't Worry!
  • FFearFFul
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 9

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769939

how about making this lake area bigger because at the moment it looks a bit odd

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218953270
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1186
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anon_Gaming

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769941

JBirksy wrote:
Name: JBiRKSY

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68130601

Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/JBirksy

Why should you be chosen?: I played evilmelon when it was on the ZARP servers so I know how the map worked with ZARP content. I am a long time player who knows a lot of the beta testers the main one being KapiJam and I am willing to give back constructive criticism on the map for improvement and spend a lot of time looking around for visual bugs etc if needed.
<3
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist

The following user(s) said Thank You: JBirksy

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769942

Bunnyslippers69 wrote:
how about making this lake area bigger because at the moment it looks a bit odd

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218953270
I think it's fine the way it is.
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769951

JBirksy wrote:
Shark wrote:
JBirksy wrote:
Name: JBiRKSY

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:68130601

Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/JBirksy

Why should you be chosen?: I played evilmelon when it was on the ZARP servers so I know how the map worked with ZARP content. I am a long time player who knows a lot of the beta testers the main one being KapiJam and I am willing to give back constructive criticism on the map for improvement and spend a lot of time looking around for visual bugs etc if needed.
<3
Hey bro, haven't spoke to you in ages <3
cus SSRP's dead innit

But this gave me hope
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769952

Name: Gmod Troller
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:86425889
Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/bradley5537
Why should you be chosen?: Well I've been in this community for a very long time now, I was around on in the old evil melon days aswell and I know my way around the map. I was was a PERP beta tester aswell back in the day. I have a lot of previous staff ranks here aswell.
SSRP Super Admin
BHOP Moderator
TS3 staff
Forum Appeal and Report abuse section moderator.
Rust Staff
PERP Beta Tester
And I was staff on the FP test server to help out when that was a thing.
  • GmodTrolla
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 805
Aspect wrote:
you always manage to 1 shot us even though you're extremely exposed in the open and you shouldn't really have a chance to kill us. You just make these crazy 1 taps not even Hermione did when he played, and I can tell you he played 18 hours a day at one point.

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769959

I'd suggest having 2 or so admin areas like server one has so that its a viable option for events and administrative activities.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•
The following user(s) said Thank You: GmodTrolla

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769964

Name: Orang3
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:99947585
Steam Profile: www.steamcommunity.com/id/orangezarp
Why should you be chosen?: I love to see new things being built by great people and I also love giving my opinion and suggestions on their work! I myself am inspired and I want to hopefully get into doing this sort of stuff later in life! I am also part of the SSRP staff team (admin) so I would love to get to know the map so that it's easier for me to do my job as I wouldn't really know much about it when it first releases.
  • Orang3
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm orange...
  • Thanks received: 431

Max: "I will never be CM banned feel free to quote this in the future"
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Orang3.

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #769973

Name: Rhys
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:113670266
Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/munchies/
Why should you be chosen?: I would like to explore the new map and find bugs and exploits and report them
  • RhysA
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • chad
  • Thanks received: 565

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770000

Alright. So here's my opinion on the matter. Feel free to correct anything you believe isn't correct.

First we need to take a look at what the current meta of zarp is regarding economy, raiding and basing.

Economy :

As we all know with the summer "week" and the recent updates ( Halloween/black friday ) a lot of items that used to be uncommon and pretty rare became common. Items such as a hand cannon, gluon guns, emp nades and now even orange core grenades and tactical insertion points ( Tough less than the other ) are now to be expected from pretty much 80% of the player base. And with christmas coming up it's most likely only going to get worse. So if you are going to improve a map you need to keep in mind that most bases now get raided by peoples that can afford to use a hand cannon pretty easily.

Raiding :

As of now most of raids ( At least the serious one ) go as follow :

1°) Make a lot of drugs ( Morphine/amphetamine )
2°) Use the first batch to hand cannon whatever dupe is up from a distance and the inside aswell
3°) Use the 2nd batch of drugs to rush inside and kill whoever you see/Destroy printers usualy in a matter of seconds

This basicaly means that a raid most often forces the defenders to defend outside if they want to stand a chance because with the current bases on pretty much all the servers, a hand cannon is sure to destroy any props if properly fired leaving very little place to defend from the inside from someone just running in with a M202.

This leads us to what the meta for basing is right now on zarp.

Basing :

As of now there two ways of basing on zarp. The first one is to set up hidden printers in some room peoples usualy dont check or hidden on the map and hope nobody finds them.

The second one is to actualy try and base with a proper dupe and defend it. The second one being of course the one we are looking to try and improve. As of now the most common places to base on all servers are

-S1 Newly Improved Warehouse OR double doors in bank district
-S2 Disco/Night club OR cinema ( Tough the latter is being less and less used )
-S3 Compound in Industrial / Night club at spawn( Tough I would argue S3 is barely even used to base because of the lack of places to actualy base )

What all these places have in common and what players seek when basing is :

-A big and open " back room " area to place printers safely without risking anyone simply running and being able to simply destroy everything in half a second.

-A front room/area with a tight corridor/area so as to be able to actualy aim/kill peoples running in with amphetamine working sort of as the place where the fight should be happening because in my opinion a base should not easily fall to just one person managing to rush past the defences to destroy all the printers but rather being able to kill all the defenders

-Big enough walls or separation from the outside so you cannot simply get your aim shaken like there's a bloody earthquake from peoples spamming T-Guns or other explosives on the wall/ground/roof.

Now onto the map itself.
The map
Overall the additions you made are pretty good. The bank looks amazing and the disco is pretty dank. As for the rest of the map Ill be posting screenshots of place I think could be improved.

First we have this area near spawn : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218948653

As I said earlier the current meta for raiding is to rush with morphine + amphetamine to quickly get behind the line of defenses and scare peoples away from their suit because of the gluon gun, making it very hard for a defender to defend properly.
To counter that there needs to be more " bottleneck " places ( I don't know the word for it so thanks google trad lol ) to focus the attention and the heat of the fight and give the defenders the edge over the raiders as they are the one risking more in the first place. On the screenshot you can see that the walls are too low. What I'd like to see is higher walls there to levels where peoples can't jump crouch over and make the opening sort of an arch-gate that you can't just easily open. That would allow defenders to actualy see what's coming towards them and allow them to defend from a distance while keeping their printer safe.

Here are a few bases that will never be used : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218949117
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218949253

Now this is sort of an ojective point of view as there isn't a need to make every base on the server 100% base-efficient. But the main problems I see on most places is that they are a front door with big open areas filled with breakable windows. And because of that almost 80% of the bases can be raided from a district across by simply spamming M202 trough the windows.

The t-gun problem : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218949367

Another thing I have noticed on most places that could actualy be used to base is that they are too small and the rooms inside are prone to be t-gunned from the outside making everything inside just fly around causing havok inside the base. Also once again breakable windows makes it incredibly easy to raid in the first place. I'd suggest perhaps removing the garage door on the side of the " camera wall " building and making the whole base bigger so you can't t-gun all the walls around it.

Make this one bigger : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218948409

My personal opinion on that one to improve this area would simply to increase the size of the building by expanding it on that piece of useless road on the left and simply remove the windows to the side because once again, windows M202 spam = destroyed base.

An example of a base with potential but with a lack of " safe rooms " : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218949477

As you can see this place is pretty big. The defenders have places to set up in order to defend the front entrance and focus their attention with the small front room that separates the outside from the inside. But the main problem is that once that initial front room as be passed, we are left with one huge ass empty room with no walls/separation whatsoever which once again means that even if there are 10 guys in there with juggs and gluons, all it needs is a second of innatention and someone just spams M202 at their printer safe and it's game over. To improve it you should separate the room into smaller " porition " with perhaps garage like entrances to leave a chance to defenders to actualy defend even if someone gets inside.

This place is an example of a good base : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218949670

As you can see in this place this is what peoples are looking for when basing. A bottleneck like corridor to focus the attention and be able to defend with somewhat " safe printer rooms " at the very back that guarantee that the attackers will have to actualy defeat the defenders if they want to get to the printers.

Just add doors there : steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1218948486

Not much more to say. Just add doors there to make a separation from the rest of the base lol.

Conclusion and tl;dr

-Make bigger more open basing areas rather than small packed buildings
-Try to make bases with safe printing area at the back of the base that can't be too easily/fast accessed
-Try to make " fighting/defending zone/area " for most bases where the action should be located to prevent peoples from rushing in
-Make most windows unbreakable or straight up remove them
-Remove that big ass road tunnel that just take places and serves no purpose or replace it with a new district

And big up to the work made so far. Love the disco looks pretty cool. And holy shit I made a post bigger and more detailed than most essays I've written when I was in high school for a god damn video-game map what has my life come to.
  • Jool
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Supreme Leader Of All Zarp Related Things
  • Thanks received: 774
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Jool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiiFTz, Stoned

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770006

there is a bit of floor higher that it should be in the sewer here

setpos -3002.809814 -779.698608 -161.732056;setang 27.179924 -99.453903 0.000000

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1219068789
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770007

I have a feeling that if the bank was to stay how it is now, it could be nearly impossible to raid because all you would need is a jugg and an ion cannon to spam near the entrance from the cover of the corner

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1219071083

I would suggest making the vault door similar to how it is on server one currently, so when you get to the bottom of the ramp the door is directly infront of you without having to turn. Another way around this could be by making multiple entrances into the bank . For example, you could use the unused section of th eunderground as an underground entrance to the bank through like a ladder or vent

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1219076618
  • bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by bunnyslippers69.

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770014

Already have a suggestion without playing first yes I know

How about trying to connect the big holes with grates in the little cannal to the sewer or just adding a new sewer sytem alltogether. Could make for some really interesting basing and dynamics!
  • Shark
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Cryptocommunist

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770019

I feel the Nightclub's exterior could be more than a brick wall.
  • Patriot
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Freedom is the sovereign right of every American.
  • Thanks received: 283

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770027

• bunnyslippers69
  • Diamond Boarder

Evilmelon Testserver OPEN! 6 years 4 months ago #770038

Here let me join, oh wait.................

• Yachty
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • X X
  • Thanks received: 82

Ex-SSRP Moderator
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

297 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun