Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Resignation

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750324

Raeker wrote:
SmileLess wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
SarahAnne wrote:
SmileLess wrote:
How can you have owners that cant code wtf?

I can't code in the language they use, but I can in Java. I have seen some code in their language and I can understand it's purpose and help find bugs. I will be starting to learn the language.

But polsee can code everything and was doing making sense for him to be get owner not a super admin that can code java an irrelevant language when trying to code updates or add anything to a gmod server as they use lua... and the other one has virtually not clue so fuck knows how u 2 got owner hence the server dies
If your going to own a gmod server u should probably know how to code lua kek :p
Actually, most Server Owners don't know.
how does that even work
  • rudeboy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 43
Login or register to post a reply.

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750326

SmileLess wrote:
well you should probably stop forum posting and go learn it :p

Mhm
  • item
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 67

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750327

Raeker wrote:
SmileLess wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
SarahAnne wrote:
SmileLess wrote:

I can't code in the language they use, but I can in Java. I have seen some code in their language and I can understand it's purpose and help find bugs. I will be starting to learn the language.

But polsee can code everything and was doing making sense for him to be get owner not a super admin that can code java an irrelevant language when trying to code updates or add anything to a gmod server as they use lua... and the other one has virtually not clue so fuck knows how u 2 got owner hence the server dies
If your going to own a gmod server u should probably know how to code lua kek :p
how does that even work, they obviously dont actually own the server?
  • rudeboy
  • Junior Boarder

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750328

SmileLess wrote:
  • Sanchez_79
  • Junior Boarder
  • Need help- asking for a friend
  • Thanks received: 77
Ex Deathrun Administrator
Ex Murder moderator

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750330

Sanchez_79 wrote:
SmileLess wrote:
  • item
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 67

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750331

Sanchez_79 wrote:
Im resigning for 2 reasons
- I was already being treated like shit anyway
- No way am I sticking around with two server owners both who cant script, one who is selfish the other who is pretty good but doesnt deserve server owner.
Call me dramatic, but if you cant see that polsee is definitely the better server owner then well bye. My main point is mainly the reason I am resigning i mean i was tempted to resign yesterday but i was going to wait to decide who the server owner is.
Bye.

ok bye dude
  • ParaMontana
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3172

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750332

SmileLess wrote:
Raeker wrote:
SmileLess wrote:
A Good Pianist wrote:
SarahAnne wrote:
SmileLess wrote:

how does that even work, they obviously dont actually own the server?
They have access to the console, all possible commands, the logs as well as any possible administrative responsibilities they get. Becomming a Server Owner requires a lot of hard work, regardless of whether or not you can actually code for it.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750336

So the server owners dont actually own the server just have a fancy rank to say "look at me" or something..
  • rudeboy
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by rudeboy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: item

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750344

Can someone do me a favour and come ban me on this dead ass server please ty I mean it was dead before but since there is no new owner that has a clue what's actually going on please ban me cus it's just going to die and ruin my image if what was a good server back when biwx(greg) and Nathan ran the server
  • A Good Pianist
  • Spectacular Boarder
  • A Wob A Bob Bob
  • Thanks received: 3914
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by A Good Pianist. Reason: spelling

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750346

If they just have a shitty rank and dont actually own the server then thats pretty fucking retarded :p just saying
  • rudeboy
  • Junior Boarder

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750350

You're one of the admins that actually did shit, which isn't actually fair. Also I know how you feel about being treated the wrong way...

As for the owners... where the fuck is Polsee? He's poured his heart out for this community and now he's literally had a massive steamy shit left on his chest. Away at least give him the owner :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
  • Kem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Polsee

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750353

I'd like to point out that there's a reason why Polsee did not get owner.

First of all, a lot of people bring up the fact that he is supposedly able to code. Now when I asked him whether or not he brought up that fact to the CM team, he responded with "No". How are they supposed to know that Polsee is a coder when he doesn't bring it up? Not just that, he's apparently got a Deathrun update ready yet he, once again, did not bring it up to the CM team.

Second of all, people are bringing up the fact that he does a lot of map work. I actually discussed possible server owners back when Dezmond was still around, and he told me the exact opposite: apparently Polsee was inactive and did not make up the promises he made beforehand. And I'll assume that the server owner would know such things, regardless of how active or inactive they actually are.

Lastly, his Teamspeak activity could have been better. I've hardly ever seen him on Teamspeak before the last few weeks. We need Server Owners that interact with the community - I'm afraid that Annie as well as Sarah both do a lot better in that regard.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750496

Raeker wrote:
I actually discussed possible server owners back when Dezmond was still around, and he told me the exact opposite: apparently Polsee was inactive and did not make up the promises he made beforehand.

You gonna trust Dezmond though?
  • Kem
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750520

Raeker wrote:

First of all, a lot of people bring up the fact that he is supposedly able to code. Now when I asked him whether or not he brought up that fact to the CM team, he responded with "No". How are they supposed to know that Polsee is a coder when he doesn't bring it up? Not just that, he's apparently got a Deathrun update ready yet he, once again, did not bring it up to the CM team.

Second of all, people are bringing up the fact that he does a lot of map work. I actually discussed possible server owners back when Dezmond was still around, and he told me the exact opposite: apparently Polsee was inactive and did not make up the promises he made beforehand. And I'll assume that the server owner would know such things, regardless of how active or inactive they actually are.

Lastly, his Teamspeak activity could have been better. I've hardly ever seen him on Teamspeak before the last few weeks. We need Server Owners that interact with the community - I'm afraid that Annie as well as Sarah both do a lot better in that regard.

I'm sure both Sarah and Annie is going to do an excellent job on the server. However I don't really think they're "dedicated and ethusistic". No hard feelings but I've at least tried to improve the server. Annie is hosting the meetings and I don't recall Sarah have done anything. Again... They're both great staff members and Sarah is great at managing the staff team but she has no experience with servers, which also applies to Annie.

I did actually contact Para about the work I've done. I told him that I had a new update that we could get on the server if I got owner. He was tired that day, so I didn't actually get him on the server. The next day Dezmond resigns and I thought they were already deciding who to pick for the new owner, so I didn't try to contact him again. Everyone is saying that I'm a "coder". I have some basic C# and vbscript knowlegde but I can't really make a script from scratch. Well at least not something useful for the server. I made a lot of changes to the new deathrun gamemode and fixed some bugs. So I know how to change some coding and that basically it but that's better than not knowing anything at all.

When Dezmond was around I had mutiple exams which made me unable to play on the server. I told Dezmond that I was going to be inactive, so he already knew this.

In conclusion they're probably gonna do an excellent job and "save" the server but I don't think they deserved it.
  • Polsee
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Pedo
  • Thanks received: 441

Ex-Deathrun Server Owner
Ex-SSRP Administrator
Ex-Deathrun Section Moderator
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Polsee.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sanchez_79

Resignation 6 years 5 months ago #750836

Polsee wrote:
Raeker wrote:

I'm sure both Sarah and Annie is going to do an excellent job on the server. However I don't really think they're "dedicated and ethusistic". No hard feelings but I've at least tried to improve the server. Annie is hosting the meetings and I don't recall Sarah have done anything. Again... They're both great staff members and Sarah is great at managing the staff team but she has no experience with servers, which also applies to Annie.

I did actually contact Para about the work I've done. I told him that I had a new update that we could get on the server if I got owner. He was tired that day, so I didn't actually get him on the server. The next day Dezmond resigns and I thought they were already deciding who to pick for the new owner, so I didn't try to contact him again. Everyone is saying that I'm a "coder". I have some basic C# and vbscript knowlegde but I can't really make a script from scratch. Well at least not something useful for the server. I made a lot of changes to the new deathrun gamemode and fixed some bugs. So I know how to change some coding and that basically it but that's better than not knowing anything at all.

When Dezmond was around I had mutiple exams which made me unable to play on the server. I told Dezmond that I was going to be inactive, so he already knew this.

In conclusion they're probably gonna do an excellent job and "save" the server but I don't think they deserved it.
To be fair when me and Nathan were head admins on Deathrun and Polsee was SA he did help with maps and coding if I remember correctly
  • Micky
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 7912
Moderators: EMP
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds

286 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
15/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40