Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not?

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #781938

Not allowed. Just remove their Buttons/keypads and tell them its not allowed.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745
The topic has been locked.

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #781968

There is a rule against it, people loophold and put keypads there on purpose to slow the raiders down, it's common sense really.
  • catboy sven ツ
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Respected Zarp Contributor
  • Thanks received: 1544
ex-minecraft owner, zarp legend (Was there during the infancy of Zarp), ex-ssrp admin, ex-teamspeak emblem (For SSRP admin & minecraft owner)

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #781973

4.2 Buttons & Keypads - Buttons and keypads must be clearly visible and should not be used as decorations but rather only be used for the activation of your contraptions.
If they're not connected then they're invalid, however I guess this will be brought up in the Lead Team meeting this Saturday to ensure that this simply won't be allowed in general.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #781974

Just make keypads destructible.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782010

its allowed for now
  • MsMs
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hey there I'm MsMs
  • Thanks received: 1209
Nothing
The following user(s) said Thank You: spodermon

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782026

MsMs wrote:
its allowed for now
Believe Tyler said otherwise.
  • SoraJS
  • Legendary Member
  • Capsule Corp.
  • Thanks received: 625

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782100

4.11 Entities - Do not store entities in inaccessible areas of the map. This includes storing entities inside world props. Entities placed outside of a building must not be vertically further from the ground than a plate1x8.mdl placed vertically. This excludes areas that are accessible through an exisiting building, ladder or a staircase.

Entities shouldn't be used as a building material. They should only be used for their intentional RP purpose, excluding metal detectors, which can be used freely as long as they don't break other building rules.

It isn't allowed. You should ask big man Roy next time ;)

PS: This rule was added around the time when the metal detector was used abusively in the disco bases.
  • Roy Harper
  • Adept Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • someone stole my legendary member
  • Thanks received: 1950

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«
»Ex-Jailbreak Moderator«
»Ex-Bhop Moderator«

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782108

Roy Specter wrote:
4.11 Entities - Do not store entities in inaccessible areas of the map. This includes storing entities inside world props. Entities placed outside of a building must not be vertically further from the ground than a plate1x8.mdl placed vertically. This excludes areas that are accessible through an exisiting building, ladder or a staircase.

Entities shouldn't be used as a building material. They should only be used for their intentional RP purpose, excluding metal detectors, which can be used freely as long as they don't break other building rules.

PS: This rule was added around the time when the metal detector was used abusively in the disco bases.
Pretty sure keypads aren't entities though.
  • Raeker

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782113

Alright, I will give my voice to this.

The keypads where CONNECTED to props you blew up. We did not just place a keypad down to obstruct player mobility, nor, according you where you said you needed to crouch/jump to get by, I can confirm you this is not true, for I have went through several times without needing to jump or crouch. Our keypads where connected to props. which you have failed to show in the image given. We where not intending to use the keypads to slow you down, but for props we could take cover behind.
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782138

Spicy wrote:

The keypads where CONNECTED to props you blew up. We did not just place a keypad down to obstruct player mobility, nor, according you where you said you needed to crouch/jump to get by, I can confirm you this is not true, for I have went through several times without needing to jump or crouch. Our keypads where connected to props. which you have failed to show in the image given. We where not intending to use the keypads to slow you down, but for props we could take cover behind.

You placed the keypads like that because you knew the props would get blown and then you have an advantage. Then, the keypads block you. You must be able to walk through with ease, not like a maze. They shouldn't block people in any way.
  • Ezeh
  • Mythical Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A wild fox
  • Thanks received: 1395
Former ranks;
SSRP Super Administrator
TF2 Super Admin
Teamspeak Staff
Discord Administrator
Appeals/RA Section Forum Moderator
Deathrun Administrator

Need to contact me? Click here!
Ezeh#4745

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782143

Spicy wrote:

That doesn't matter and you would know this if you actually read what everyone else was talking about. If the keypad is making a obstacle then it is not allowed period. It is as simple as that and whoevers dupe it is they can easily move the keypads to avoid this issue anyways. Not a big problem but that's the ZARP community.
  • _Kong_
  • Senior Boarder
  • - Karma me
  • Thanks received: 69

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782145

Lets just make keypads no collided by default, and if changed, warn them for changing the collidable state of a keypad/button
  • User1502
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 821

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782352

Raeker wrote:
Roy Specter wrote:

They are entities.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred Wroolie

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782494

Raeker wrote:
Roy Specter wrote:

They are 100% entities anything that is not a prop that is spawned into the game is an entity.
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782498

EMP wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Roy Specter wrote:

They are 100% entities anything that is not a prop that is spawned into the game is an entity.
Oh, okay then - don't mind me ^.^
  • Raeker

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782501

Raeker wrote:
EMP wrote:
Raeker wrote:
Roy Specter wrote:

Oh, okay then - don't mind me ^.^
Oh but when I say it no one cares :(((( don't come to school tomorrow
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1369

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782503

Spicy wrote:

Are you kidding me thats directly forbidden in the rules.
EMP wrote:
4.2 Buttons & Keypads - Buttons and keypads must be clearly visible and should not be used as decorations but rather only be used for the activation of your contraptions.
Sounds to me like its pretty clear you weren't using those keypads to activate contraptions. They are not props to be used for cover thats what the game gives you actual props for. Please read the rules more carefully next time especially the section that contains directly to Keypads...
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MichaeI

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782505

EMP wrote:
Spicy wrote:

Are you kidding me thats directly forbidden in the rules.
EMP wrote:
Sounds to me like its pretty clear you weren't using those keypads to activate contraptions. They are not props to be used for cover thats what the game gives you actual props for. Please read the rules more carefully next time especially the section that contains directly to Keypads...
Raeker wrote:
If they're not connected then they're invalid, however I guess this will be brought up in the Lead Team meeting this Saturday to ensure that this simply won't be allowed in general.
But when I say this nobody cares :(((((((
#FeelingLikeDenisRightNow
  • Raeker

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782512

Alright so emp, when the props get blown up that are connected to the keypads I should delete the keypads then?
  • Spicy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1071
♿JAYHOUSE BEST GANG♿
Ex-SSRP Super Administrator
Ex-Prophunt Administrator
Ex-Murder Moderator
Ex-Bhop Moderator
Ex-TTT Moderator
Ex-Teamspeak Staff
Ex-Wiki Contributor
Kapi,Clarky,Blockedass,Corgi,Getzco,,Dady SORLE! ! ! !!!! ! ! ! NAREXA !

[CM/Owners please] Is this allowed or not? 6 years 4 months ago #782532

Spicy wrote:
Alright so emp, when the props get blown up that are connected to the keypads I should delete the keypads then?
Just don't use it as a building material (making a path that they need to go around). It's an entity place it on a wall where it is out of the way. It is stated in the rules that you can't use entities as a building meterial
  • SkeletonWarrior
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • A Pure Legend!
  • Thanks received: 1124

csontvazharcos
Former:
SSRP Super Administrator
TeamSpeak Staff
Forums Section Moderator
Moderators: JoshuaIsGreat