Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [CM2017] Tyler's Application

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466221

ANNOUNCEMENT
Remember to check the thread made by me and Para regarding our team campaign! Click the image below!

Steam Name
|Z| Tyler

Steam Profile Link
Click me

Time Spent at ZARP
I have been a player on the ZARP servers since 2014 but I became an active member of the community in 2015, I've been active constantly since I got staff with the exception of vacations or unforeseen issues such as sickness.

Who am I?
Hello, so I thought it appropriate to give an introduction to who I am. I don't doubt that a lot of the users already know me but for those of you that don't now would be a good time for me to give you some insight. As previously stated I am Tyler and I have been active within the community since 2015 and I intend to stay for quite some time. I live in Sweden and I am currently planning to study psychology and other social studies.

I tend to be quite friendly and calm most of the time and I generally hang around the teamspeak talking to people and reciting quotes from old movies.

DarkRP - Head Administrator
I have been a head admin on DarkRP for a year and it's where I've spent the most of my total time on ZARP, this is where I've both learnt new ways of working and been able to hone my old ways.

Trouble in Terrorist Town - Owner
I am an Owner on TTT along side Max and previously Captin, I became Owner earlier last year a few weeks after Max and Captin. I also developed some of the addons on there.

Bunny Hop - Moderator
Following the re-launch of bhop I applied for moderator on BHOP when I saw that there was a large amount of verbal abuse that would occur on the server. Sadly the server currently isn't doing very well and there's a lack of staff on there.

Teamspeak 3 - Head Administrator
I am a head administrator on teamspeak, I recently got the head administrator rank on teamspeak after being teamspeak staff since getting super admin.

Forum - Section Moderator
I am a section moderator in multiple sections on the forums and I have been so for quite a long time.

Dedication
I am currently staff on multiple game servers across ZARP, I am also staff on both the forums and teamspeak. I spend a lot of time on here and I am very dedicated to the community. At times I've spent several hours working with the rest of the staff team sometimes through the entire night to resolve severe issues on the servers. I've at times prioritized real life situations in order to assist in situations where my assistance was needed.

Trust
During my time at ZARP I feel that I have gained a good amount of trust with the staff and community, seeing as I have had several high ranks for a long time I have shown that I am trusted to have access to server code and administrative commands on the servers. At multiple occasions I have also assisted the community team in solving serious issues within the community that required immediate attention.

Focus
Ever since I came back to the community and applied for staff my focus has been entirely on making sure that the servers are in their most enjoyable state. My active focus may have shifted due to changes in ranks but my end goal has always remained the same and that is to make sure that the servers are enjoyable and safe.

Future Plans
As of recent there has been a growing void between the staff and a lot of the users and it's easy to see that a certain degree of respect has been lost for each other, this is something I really want to help improve as to minimize the amount of people, staff or users that feel unhappy with the way stuff is going. Some ways of improving this could be through more detailed training of new staff but also by rethinking and re-evaluating what we consider when accepting new staff. The relationship between staff and users is obviously very important to making sure that the server remains enjoyable and it will always remain one of my primary goals as a staff member in general.

I also feel that there are plenty of ideas that could help expand the already present servers or possibly be the basis of new ones that will draw additional people to the community or give current community players something new and fun to play. For SSRP a rework of the gangs and player skills would be nice to see as a lot of people have pretty much reached the end of the line for gangs and skills.

Obviously I would be a part of the development of the community team and reaching the envisioned goals as for the role of the community manager and the community as a whole. For this I'd obviously help out as much as possible and make sure to voice my opinion on the developments. As a few people already know I have voiced some criticism as to some of the current systems that are in place in the community and I very much wish to be able to alongside the owners and the other CM to be chosen find a way that we can change things so that the issues I have seen are no longer an issue.

So I decided to put this on here regardless of leaving it out initially. Anyhow as a lot of people should and would have noticed a very large amount of players on SSRP really enjoy the combat and tend to try and engage in 1v1s and raids against the PD a lot given that it's a easy way to get into the action. I think that a server such as a cops and robbers server would be a great addition to the servers, focusing less on RP and basing and more on combat between people and some character progression. This would be a way for the people that get bored not being able to get into combat on SSRP to have some fun and it's also a place where people that enjoy gamemodes like TDM could play.

At the moment whilst I am able to do a lot of stuff with my current access to the servers excluding TTT I do feel that at times my lack of access to more sensitive information such as logs and statistics does slow down the work I do on the servers and having access to more advanced ways of finding information for investigations and staff duties would go a long way in improving my efficiency in working on the servers. I would also be able to use my new privileges to further assist other staff on the server when they are in need of information that they are not able to access.

My opinion will also be one of importance in the community meeting where I will be able to be a part of more pressing and important matters than those I currently have a part in and I hope my opinion and vote will be a part of ensuring new and exiting plans are made.

Obviously my additional access to the forums and servers that I don't currently have lead team position on will make me able to further assist on there and make sure that those servers are running as smooth as possible.

During my time at ZARP my respect has grown immensely for the people I work with and the community as a whole, whilst there have been ups and downs I've always retained the thought that this community offers something other communities don't and that's an environment that feels accessible and friendly and also allows everyone an opinion and a chance as long as they in turn accept the standards of our community.

I have grown quite a lot during my time here and I have developed the ability to deal with situations that require great attention and thought. This has in a way affected me both in and outside of the community and to some degree become the center of all the work I do. I pretty much owe a lot of that to this community. My ability to manage the staff team and users has also improved immensely during my time as a staff member and I feel at this point I have a very good sense of how to handle the people around me on the servers should they require assistance or be acting in an abusive way.

As stated through out my application I have had a lot of trust given to me with the ranks I feel that this has shown that I can be trusted and that I'd make a valuable member of the community team. My previous times working with the community team have been great and I feel that I have proven to be able to par-take in more difficult situations.

If I was to be given the privilege of being a part of the community team I feel and hope that I would be able to help ZARP grow and improve further in the future. I would very much like to take the opportunity to further develop my aforementioned ability to deal with situations requiring sharp decision making, investigation and reviewing facts relevant to the matter at hand.
  • Tyler Durden
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lost, like tears in rain.
  • Thank you received: 278
Last Edit: 5 days 14 hours ago by Tyler Durden.
Login or register to post a reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SarahAnne

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466224

Best of luck tyler, you have a very slim chance of winning this election.
  • spodermon
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • ape
  • Thank you received: 327
m8
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gamersfunhouse

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466225

+support
pretty dank
  • Hey its Alex
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Ex- [TTT] Admin
[Surf] Moderator
[Deathrun] Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler Durden

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466229

:plussp:

I think he would fit this position 100%
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
  • Thank you received: 385
My aspiration is to be a better person

CLICK NEED NEW SIG

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466232

:minussp: i think no
  • Flashy
  • Gold Boarder
  • YUM
  • Thank you received: 6

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466233

got my vote if i can double vote ;)
  • _SadMan_
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 53

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466235

:minussp:
  • Ascenda
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Salty
  • Thank you received: 19

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466236

High chance in my opinion, best of luck dude!
  • Jamie.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I Love Chinese
  • Thank you received: 179

SSRP - Administrator
TTT - Administrator
Ex BHOP - Moderator

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466238

No
  • Wonky
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • HellForce is my sister
  • Thank you received: 167

BAE

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466239

NOT DANK ENOUGH
  • Ramazan Donmez
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 54

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466241

Jose and Tyler are the best applicants at the moment.

Good Luck
  • AA RFLeX
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Panic ಠ_ಠ
  • Thank you received: 259

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466242

Definitely a great guy, very friendly and organised (most of the time). Would be nice to see you around more outside of spacers and communicating with the rest of the community though.
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
==========================================

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466244

Flashy wrote:
Ascenda wrote:
Wonky wrote:

No

Mad because they have been demoted/punished by Tyler. Just shows how good of a candidate this guy really is and how fair he is giving out punishment
  • DEADMONSTOR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
  • Thank you received: 385
My aspiration is to be a better person

CLICK NEED NEW SIG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Onion, Walter HWITE, Klam, HarryAssMent, AA RFLeX and 4 more...

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466283

Tyler your a good candidate too , Don't know who to vote for Anyways Best on Luck!
  • Onion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • SSRP Administrator , Surf Administrator ,TS3 Staff
  • Thank you received: 143

[CM2017] Tyler's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466284

DEADMONSTOR wrote:
Flashy wrote:
Ascenda wrote:
Wonky wrote:

No

Mad because they have been demoted/punished by Tyler. Just shows how good of a candidate this guy really is and how fair he is giving out punishment

I don't know the others but i didn't get punished by Tyler. I think he doesn't deserve this. Just don't call people " mad" without knowing anything. Thanks
  • Wonky
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • HellForce is my sister
  • Thank you received: 167

BAE
Time to create page: 0.272 seconds

Community Manager Poll

Please login to vote.

Who's Playing?