Ryryster's :zarp: arp Community Manager Application 2017

Information

Steam Name
Ryryster
Steam Profile Link
Time Spent at ZARP
I will have been here 2 years at the end of this year
Why did you join zarp?
Well at the time i was just looking for a server to play TTT on (Admittedly at that time that was the only game mode i played). I just happened to click on zarp. But after the hour i played i decided to stay as the staff were so welcoming unlike most of the other servers where quite honestly they could not care less i applied for admin the next day.

That app can be found here
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-ap...r-application#100373

I was eventually accepted though
zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/server-ap...r-application#109799
So what experience do you have as staff in the community?
I have been TTT Admin,BHOP Admin and Deathrun Mod across my 2 years here
So anything about you that could be helpful if elected as CM?
Well i help with a 2007s kids football team in my spare time and i am also currently a candidate for the Scottish Youth Parliament
Lastly, What would you do if elected?
FREE MEMES FOR ALL!!!.
Na in all seriousness one of my main things is to listen to what people want possibly making all massive server changes voted on by the community.
Lastly i would like to return TTT to more than a single map as i feel this would be of benefit to the game mode.
Thank You for reading
  • Ryryster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • My profile is just a giant Bullet Club ripoff
  • Thank you received: 174

Here Listen To Some Scottish music

Former Bhop Admin EX TTT Admin EX Deathrun Moderator
Down with the Union
Feel free to add me on steam
steamcommunity.com/id/ryryster
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Ryryster.
Login or register to post a reply.

[CM2017] Ryryster's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465863

Ryryster wrote:
FREE MEMES FOR ALL!!!.
Na in all seriousness one of my main things is to listen to what people want possibly making all massive server changes voted on by the community.
Lastly i would like to return TTT to more than a single map as i feel this would be of benefit to the game mode.
Thank You for reading
I have a question about your last point, what makes you think that would be a good idea? Its a well known fact that people love the minecraft map. These facts don't lie 5 of the Top TTT servers are 24/7 minecraft 3 using our map and 2 using another mine craft map. Look at this, when we had the Christmas map on the server it droped over 600 ranks. Now I'm sure there were some other compounding issues. But even just changing the name slightly has appeared to stem the flow of constant randoms who keep the server alive and so full. Now that original map is back we can see a steady increase of players returning to the server. When we originally made the choice to go 24/7 we did so because we could very clearly a rise of random players joining when we were on the minecraft map, and when it would change to another map the random players would stop joining.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thank you received: 1557

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler Durden

[CM2017] Ryryster's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465866

I'd interact the staff more buddy as I'm sure you're not been active enough for Community Manager.
  • Jordz
  • Global Moderator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Clarky is a Lad.
  • Thank you received: 1149

[CM2017] Ryryster's Application 1 week 2 days ago #465927

EMP wrote:
Ryryster wrote:
FREE MEMES FOR ALL!!!.
Thank You for reading
I have a question about your last point, what makes you think that would be a good idea? Its a well known fact that people love the minecraft map. These facts don't lie 5 of the Top TTT servers are 24/7 minecraft 3 using our map and 2 using another mine craft map. Look at this, when we had the Christmas map on the server it droped over 600 ranks. Now I'm sure there were some other compounding issues. But even just changing the name slightly has appeared to stem the flow of constant randoms who keep the server alive and so full. Now that original map is back we can see a steady increase of players returning to the server. When we originally made the choice to go 24/7 we did so because we could very clearly a rise of random players joining when we were on the minecraft map, and when it would change to another map the random players would stop joining.
You can boost about as many random players as you like but could you tell me how many stay and participate in the community?.
When i suggest more maps i am not even suggesting we go to loads we could just go to a pool of 4 or 5 i am sure we did that at one point.
Thing is with anything is that people eventually when they have done everything or it becomes predictable like on Minecraft you can tell the main things the T will do having one map for a long period of time make it have this sameness to everything.
I guess if you look it as a full on game lets call it "Generic Shooter 2017". If "Generic Shooter 2017" only had one map and it didn't switch around would people still play that game. I wouldn't because it is different from games like GTA or if you were going the Game Mode route in this case it is nothing like SSRP. In Games and Game Modes like that new things pop up all the time. That can't really be done with stuff like TTT so it requires multiple maps. Lastly i have to ask if you remember when this was first suggest as "24/7 Rooftops" do you remember how people who have played TTT for a long time including myself rallied against it that is because we have played it for so long and know how it works overall.

And to Jordan
I understand my activity is abysmal and i am in no way expecting to win but i am just attempting to get my opinions across on the community and i feel this is the best way to do it. Although i will try improve my time.
  • Ryryster
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • My profile is just a giant Bullet Club ripoff
  • Thank you received: 174

Here Listen To Some Scottish music

Former Bhop Admin EX TTT Admin EX Deathrun Moderator
Down with the Union
Feel free to add me on steam
steamcommunity.com/id/ryryster

[CM2017] Ryryster's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466066

Ryryster wrote:
You can boost about as many random players as you like but could you tell me how many stay and participate in the community?.

Actually we've seen quite a lot of people sticking around regardless of the map staying the same, in the end what tends to cause people to stick around is the community and or a sense of progression not having a bunch of maps. The minecraft map does bring in a lot of new random players and the ones that enjoy the other content on the server tend to stay.
  • Tyler Durden
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lost, like tears in rain.
  • Thank you received: 278
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Tyler Durden. Reason: Fixed broken English

[CM2017] Ryryster's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466105

Ryryster wrote:
EMP wrote:
Ryryster wrote:
FREE MEMES FOR ALL!!!.
Thank You for reading
When i suggest more maps i am not even suggesting we go to loads we could just go to a pool of 4 or 5 i am sure we did that at one point.

You're right, when we were trying to 'revive' TTT with Jerry and the staffteam at one point we did decide to use a limited map pool of 5-10 maps and it did work to a certain extent. The server population increased for around a month until players numbers started declining again, except when the minecraft map was played. Even maps that used to be popular like bank and rooftops stopped attracting players old and new. We eventually got back to the same situation as before where staffmembers were the only active players, but even we started to get tired of playing with the same 6 people every day. After Max took over TTT and changed the map to 24/7 minecraft along with several quality updates the player numbers soared and TTT was more popular than ever. They have since then acquired a steady playerbase that enjoys playing on the minecraft map, changing it would make them all go away again. It is not because you don't like the map that it should be changed. The map should be whatever pleases the most players.
  • Ace
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lone Wolf
  • Thank you received: 291
Former TTT SA,
SSRP Admin
& TeamSpeak Staff

Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by Ace.

[CM2017] Ryryster's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466427

Ryryster wrote:
EMP wrote:
Ryryster wrote:
FREE MEMES FOR ALL!!!.
Thank You for reading
Thing is with anything is that people eventually when they have done everything or it becomes predictable like on Minecraft you can tell the main things the T will do having one map for a long period of time make it have this sameness to everything.
I guess if you look it as a full on game lets call it "Generic Shooter 2017". If "Generic Shooter 2017" only had one map and it didn't switch around would people still play that game. I wouldn't because it is different from games like GTA or if you were going the Game Mode route in this case it is nothing like SSRP. In Games and Game Modes like that new things pop up all the time. That can't really be done with stuff like TTT so it requires multiple maps. Lastly i have to ask if you remember when this was first suggest as "24/7 Rooftops" do you remember how people who have played TTT for a long time including myself rallied against it that is because we have played it for so long and know how it works overall.
So you just ignore the hard evidence of the success of the minecraft map? Playing it off like because you have played the gamemode you know best. I asked you to tell me why you thought changing it would help the server rather then harm it. Preferably it would be awsome if you could get some facts to counter the ones I've provided as this is a great way for the Community to see how you might act in the context of a Community Team meeting.

This is the best that the TTT server has ever done, excluding the last month were we changed the map name by a letter and lost 600 ranks because of it. So Im really confused did you check out the gametracker graphs (they clearly outline what im talking about), or are you the type of person who is unwilling to see reason even when presented with hard facts. Because to me someone who wants CM should be willing to relize they are wrong sometimes or they really don't know what they are talking about.
  • EMP
  • Site Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thank you received: 1557

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by EMP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ace
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Community Manager Poll

Please login to vote.

Who's Playing?