Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [CM2017] TheXnator's Application

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465651

Steam Name:
TheXnator

Steam Profile Link:
TheXnator's Steam

Time Spent at ZARP:
I have been part of the ZARP community for about three or four months now (though it does feel as though I have been with the community for far longer)

Why me?
I believe that I could do well as a Community Manager because I have a strong dedication for ZARP - I devote most of my spare time (probably more than I should to be completely honest) to my staffing roles on ZARP and other things for the community. I believe that I have at least some level of trust with ZARP from my current positions as a Moderator on SSRP and an Admin on TTT.
Currently, I am working on something for the community which many people know about but is not actually confirmed or announced yet, but if it is accepted, and many of you will probably know what I am talking about here though I do not want to say exactly what it is because a) it may not be accepted and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high and b) I don't want to ruin the surprise if it is in fact accepted. Despite the fact that it has not yet been either accepted or denied, I have already put a lot of time and work into it so that if it is, it can be the best that it possibly can.
I also have quite a bit of experience in more technical things such as coding. I have a strong knowledge in Java, at least some level of knowledge in all of: Lua, C, C++, Python, HTML, CSS, JavaScript (No, it is not the same as Java) and dabbled slightly in some other areas including currently looking more into the fundamental points of computing with UNIX. My knowledge with computing is not just with coding, but also a lot in just the general side of things with setting up various servers, things like git, video editing and photo editing with software such as Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Photoshop, 3D modelling with Blender and more.
The position of Community Manager is a very serious role to play in the community and is not something to be taken lightly. It is a position which holds an immense amount of trust and power to help guide the community to be the best it possibly can with their dedication for ZARP.
In my time as ZARP, I have proven that I am mature and able to follow rules as I have never received a proper warning (I received one on TTT but it was a mistake from Para and I appealed and it was removed).
I would like to say that I try to be fair, kind and equal at all times and try not to be too lenient or too harsh, and as a member of ZARP, I want to take everyone into account when doing anything which could cause a large change, not just do what I feel like for the benefit of myself. If I were to be instated as a Community Manager, I would do my best to take into account the whole community and its wishes when trying to achieve my goals.
If you vote for me as a ZARP Community Manager for 2017, I will do my best to listen to listen to all of your wishes and to make ZARP the most fair, fun and friendly community that I possibly can with the new powers and trust bestowed upon those with the position. Your vote will not be wasted if you use it on me, and if you do cast your vote to me and I am chosen, I promise you that you will never once have any regrets.

A Little About me, my Personality and my Traits:
I am the kind of person who doesn't like to do things just for myself. I find that one of the most enjoyable things to me is seeing results - seeing something that I have done have an impact and make a difference to people and making them happy or helping them. I like to be as kind and fair as I can be in every situation, making sure that I do not allow myself to be guided in my choices by my own personal friendships or grudges, but by what I think is right and would be beneficial to the community and the players within it.
I have a view on what is fair and right which may differ from what other people would think; I am not the kind of person to say that if someone makes one slight mistake then they have to be instantly shamed and punished for it forever. "Justice" and what is right works both ways, the person who is allegedly in the wrong must be treated exactly the same as if it were any other person in their position, thy must always be listened to if they are trying to give their opinion on a matter, and they should not have the past define them. Both people should have a level of respect for each other and both people should remain calm and not try to lash out at the other player, whether they are the one who has done something "wrong" or if they are the one punishing them. Fairness is not just someone being punished with the correct punishment and being treated like anyone else, but it is also that person being respected as a human and it being accepted that all people make mistakes sometimes, and they can change if they really want to and fairness is what can and should keep everything in order.
I'm not the kind of person who is just dead serious 100% of the time and can never tell a joke, but I'm also not the reverse; immature. I think that you always need to have the correct balance within your personality. Being dead serious all the time can lead to people not really liking you or fearing you, but if you are too immature, you'll just cause problems. If the situation calls for it of course, sometimes you do have to focus yourself and set aside any jokes that could distract you, but if you don't need to, you should always make room for the jokes and happiness that form the bonds that are required in any staff team.
I have a lot of skills in the areas of communication and I would never try to make any decisions without first talking with members of the community and other staff members, and I would always be sure to speak with everyone including members of the community in order to ensure that everyone knows exactly what is happening and when it will be happening.
I am always motivated in everything that I do. I always try to set my heart to everything I do and even when I make a couple of mistakes or it looks like I'm not going to be able to achieve my goals, I will push forwards and if I fail, I will always stand back up and try again.
I try to be as kind as I can in all situations, and if someone asks me for help in any area, I won't just say "go ask someone else" or "just google it" (unless I genuinely have no idea). I always try to ensure that I have perfectly sorted out everything that the person wants and not just sort of do half of it.

My Personal Goals:
-One of my personal goals if I were to become a Community Manager for ZARP would be to expand out the strong branches of the server to keep the servers we have now but also to reach out to grow the playerbase and take what is currently offered by ZARP and to make it even better than before as the result of hard work and dedication towards all projects.
-I will also have a goal to ensure that the whole staff team can be there for the members of the community and also for each other to bring each other together and lift up the server above what it has been before to ensure that all players enjoy their time with ZARP and stay with us to become a part of the community. If there are bonds within the staff team and players, then everything will be easier to solve including issues which would in other cases lead to people turning away from their positions or losing interest and causing more problems. I will have goals to keep everything in order while still keeping ZARP as a happy community where people don't just hand out warns and bans for the slightest reasons but are understanding and kind yet not so lenient that rulebreakers are a common factor. To help achieve this goal, I think that more special ZARP events on platforms such as teamspeak would really help to bring people together and develop more bonds and friendships within the community.
-I definitely want to be able to help out the server in any way I can. If there were any staff members in the team just for their own benefit or to get ahold of some power, I wouldn't go down the route of just culling them from the staff team. If anyone abuses powers or I think that they are in it solely for themselves and not for every member of the community, I would take them aside and tell them that I have some concerns about them not trying to benefit the community just to give them a little heads up so they at least get a chance to improve their attitude.
-Overall, I would say that my eventual main goal would obviously be to try to make ZARP the best it possibly can by working with my fellow staff members and community members but to do so has many prerequisites and cannot be done simply by goals alone. To be able to do so would require immense dedication, teamwork and the willpower to continue powering through even if it seems like the goals can't be achieved. This goal will be what I strive for all the time as a member of the ZARP community, Community Manager or not.

Support me:
If you want to support me, please add this code to your signature:
[url=http://zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/community-votes-2017/76129-cm2017-thexnator-s-application] [img] http://i.imgur.com/OPW1o9B.png [/img] [/url]

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and any feedback you may have would be greatly appreciated.
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 40
==========================================
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by TheXnator.
Login or register to post a reply.

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465654

Great App, I would like to wish you good luck and good fortune on your app
  • Timzorrr
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • We know what we are, but know not we may be- W.S.
  • Thank you received: 41

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465659

10/10
  • Lewis_is_java
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Bodybuilder
  • Thank you received: 297
Lewis_is_java also known as "Mentally unable/Mentally unstable"
sik silk

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465663

:support:
this guy is really helpfull
  • El une Spodermun
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • *text*
  • Thank you received: 335

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465665

Xnator is a great guy
  • Onion
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • SSRP Administrator , Surf Administrator ,TS3 Staff
  • Thank you received: 143

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465667

You might be a great guy and a great staff on ttt and darkrp but i dont think you can handle a whole community and a bunch of servers.
  • AA RFLeX
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Panic ಠ_ಠ
  • Thank you received: 259

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 3 days ago #465811

Thanks for the feedback so far, and R-Flex I think you underestimate my abilities of handling a lot of people (that is not meant to be a dirty joke or a pun in any way at all).
I'll probably be updating my app through the week as I come up with some more ideas of what I can put down. Remember that feedback is always a great and appreciated thing whether positive or negative!
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #465923

if this isnt a joke then 11/10
  • Grumpy Marshmallow
  • Senior Boarder
  • I whiten my teeth with clorox)
  • Thank you received: 12

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466178

Grumpy Marshmallow wrote:
Why would it be a joke xD (If it were a joke I wouldn't have put anywhere near this much effort in)
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466183

TheXnator wrote:
Grumpy Marshmallow wrote:
Why would it be a joke xD (If it were a joke I wouldn't have put anywhere near this much effort in)

Young grasshopper, you still have much to learn.
  • Studio Banter
  • Legendary Member
  • Ambassador
  • You're a coefficient of my variable.
  • Thank you received: 2249
I don't see no meme

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466214

if you treat zarp like you do your gfx no thanks
  • Hey its Alex
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Ex- [TTT] Admin
[Surf] Moderator
[Deathrun] Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jamie.

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466237

Hey its Alex wrote:
if you treat zarp like you do your gfx no thanks
Well that's good because I don't :P
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466252

in all seriousness though someone who bans them self to "leave the game" shouldn't be CM
  • Hey its Alex
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Ex- [TTT] Admin
[Surf] Moderator
[Deathrun] Moderator

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466257

Hey its Alex wrote:
in all seriousness though someone who bans them self to "leave the game" shouldn't be CM
That happened a while ago and as soon as I was told that I shouldn't be doing it, I stopped.
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder

[CM2017] TheXnator's Application 1 week 2 days ago #466364

Just created a quick little banner for my campaign.

Add this code to your signature to show your support:
[url=http://zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/community-votes-2017/76129-cm2017-thexnator-s-application/][img]http://i.imgur.com/OPW1o9B.png[/img][/url]
  • TheXnator
  • Gold Boarder
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by TheXnator.
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Community Manager Poll

Please login to vote.

Who's Playing?