Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [CM2018] Onion's Application

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917416

Steam Name:

OnionRings

Time Spent at ZARP:

Just about 4 years now. I have been staff over 2 years and 1 month now.

My Current Ranks
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Surf Owner
SSRP Head Admin
Bhop Head Admin
TeamSpeak Head Admin
Global Moderator

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My Old Ranks

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Prophunt Admin
Murder Moderator

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Would you replace the Murder server. If so which game mode would you replace it with and why?
(Describe your plans and when they will happen, and who would run/code such a new server.)

JailBreak Server:
  • If I was to become a Community Manager here at Zarp, I would replace the Murder server. Why you ask? The reason why I would want to replace the murder server is by its lack of players within the community. Players aren't enjoying the server as they did before and its practically dead also due to high demand and that post of the community didn't want the server in the first place, seen here. The vote for the server to be added was (Yes:24, No:54). I know its not a lot of votes on the poll for a new server however it is kind of clear that players don't enjoy the server as seen here and here. There is clearly a high demand to remove the server as players aren't playing on it is also rank 865th seen here.

• If murder was to be replaced I would most likely replace it with Jail Break. Well, you could say Jail Break isn't really a popular gamemode, However, It seems like the community will mostly want this to happen as seen here and many other suggestions for it in which you can see around the forums and many others always saying "Remove Murder!, Add JailBreak!". I believe adding a Jail Break server will bring many players onto it, Sacrificing Murder for a server like Jail Break in which will bring many players due to its high demand. I would also love to have this server personally as it is a fun gamemode. Now you may ask "How would it be different to other servers". Well there could be many changes that could be made to the gamemode to make it more unique
  • If I was to get Community Manager and replace murder I would put Clarky in charge for running the server as Clarky is really dedicated to making producing the Jail Break server. As said in Clarky's Community Manager application and by Clarky himself he said that DeadMonster is willing to help him out with producing the Jail Break server. DeadMonster is a great coder who could really help out producing the server with Clarky himself. The server is also some what ready but I believe there could be a few unique changes to the gamemode to make it different and attract more players across the community and new players joining the community in the future.

However JailBreak isn't that popular of a gamemode anymore here is another server that could replace Murder:

Military RP:
  • Military RP is also another gamemode in which could replace Murder, It is more popular than Jail Break. I believe this server will be more enjoyable than Murder and bring more people across the community. However, the only issue is not having people to code for the server currently. Not much people have suggested a server like this but I believe it could be popular within the community, well defiantly more players than murder. I believe Chute and EMP could help put to code such a server like this.

What do you think are the 5 key issues affecting the SSRP server currently and how would you solve them?
(Describe what updates and changes you would make to solve the 5 main issues on the server, think carefully about making changes that could negatively affect the server.)

Since Christmas 2017 I think there has been a massive drop in player counts across all three zarp server. I believe people aren't enjoying the server for many reason and I can see them coming an effect to me now.

(1)
  • I would say the main issue on the SSRP Servers is the lack of content being added to the server and nothing being done or said, However, Chute was recently inactive for a while due to IRL problems meaning that he didn't have time to code and I see the reason why. However there are other people like EMP who could easily make a update to the server but yet still hasn't been done.

• In the Summer of 2017, I believe this is where it first started. When we had a "Summer celebration week" which lasted for 3 months. We were also promised and update which never happened and I believe made the Communities players mad and some lost interest. However, In Halloween and Christmas 2017 we were given updated in which some players enjoyed and it boosted up the player count again. The Christmas update lasted way to long and people got bored, ever since Christmas there has been 0 SSRP server updates. Myself and Clarky have been recently doing custom arena events in which the players have enjoyed and keep asking for more and more.

• For the past few years at Zarp we have had many seasonal updated and there has been 0 in 2018, which I believe is a really bad state. If I was to become Community Manager I would push the Community Owners to release and update and bring them proof of people not enjoying the servers that much and try to get more and more consistent updates on the SSRP Servers. There are many many Ideas for the SSRP Server and some bad and really great ones in which I would love to see myself.

(2)
  • Second thing I believe and the Suits. Suits give a very high advantage and should be nerfed and be made easier to gain or should just be be nerfed.The best suggestion I have seen for the suits is by Clarky which can be found here.

(3)
  • I believe another issue is the over-powered special weapons such as the Handcannon, M202, Gluon Gun ,Thunder Gun's and Ion Cannon's are harming the server. I believe these are some of the most powerful special weapons. The Handcannon can rip apart a whole base in matter of seconds which makes new and old players easily raided and everything destroyed. I believe the radius on it needs to be nerfed and the damage it can cause to the props on the server. The Ion Cannon I would see as very powerful as you can literally sit there will unlimited ammo defending a nuke (warehouse).

(4)
  • The Maps on the servers. The Server 1 Map downtown is very boring and just the same and I feel like the work from Patrick could make the map amazing and change it to make it very unique and more enjoyable. The Map on Server 2 Map is very old and shitty. Recent polls in the community and players have been suggestions to bring back EvilMelo which is being worked on by Patrick himself, I feel like if this is added it will lead to Server 2 becoming more populated again and players enjoying it. As for the Server 3 Map I think it is going good so for but I believe it could always be changed and updated to either a custom map or another populated map in which people enjoy. Some good Server 3 Map Changes can be found here and here by Clarky and Morgan.

• As a Community Manager I would try to bring in Map rotation, Whats this you ask? What I mean by Map rotation is having a time to where the Server 2 and Server 3 maps will change. This could be a thing in which happens once a month on the server. I believe this will bring many many players enjoying the new areas and seeing something different for once.

(5)
  • I believe there should be a more interaction with the suggestions on the forums by the Community Team by them replying to suggestions, denying them, accepting them or giving their opinion on how your suggestion could be improved. I believe this will add some communication between the SSRP Players. Some great suggestions can be found here:

(Feather Falling / No fall damage Upgrade) - By Narexa

(Make Custom Title More Custom) - By SwiiFTz

(Coloured Gang Tags) - By The Gamer Guy

(A.L.P.H.A Case Suggestion) - By Akemi and Ayana

• The above is only a few off the many suggestions across the community in which could be added as it will change a few things and making things for custom.

Suggest one key policy to be added, changed or removed.
(Think about one policy in the Community you think could be changed. And describe how it would affect things like popularity of the server, mood of the players etc)

A Policy in which I believe would need changing is the Hacking Policy. Why you ask should this be changed? The Hacking Policy as been a common issue for a while you can see the current hacking policy here. Many people have recently complained that the currently Policy is not harsh enough for hackers who use scripts for the fun of it and only get a kick off the server and if they ever rejoin using hacks or scripts they would be permanently banned. People say that being kicked is a "slap on the wrist". If I was to get Community Manager I would change this to some what decent and fair ban. (Examples: 1 month ban on first time then perm second, 2 week ban first time and then perm ban.)

I believe if this was to be changed it would make a great change to the server to get rid of those filthy hackers. I believe it will make the server more enjoyable with less cheaters on the server and players experience won't get ruined during the zarp events or any sort of RP on the server and also across the whole Communities servers.

Extra Information

Why should I be chosen for CM 2018?
Firstly I would like to state that there are other great candidates in which are Reaker and Clarky which stand a high chance in getting the position. I feel like I stand a high chance from my experience and dedication from the years being here and that I could be a good part within the team. I can bring many ideas and new things to the servers in the community. I will be able to attend all meetings unless I have something really Important going on. I feel that I will a good candidate as the skills I have with my staff powers and the type of situations I could be able to handle.

Dedication and Experience
Over my time in Zarp I have gained a lot of experience. I have been staff for over 2years. Being staff for this amount of time I have discovered a lot of experience ranking up in my ranks on the servers from going from Surf Moderator to Surf Owner over time I have gained experience, being an owner of a server would help me to become a Community Manager as it gives me the experience in a big role in the community in which shows that I will have the ability to work as a Community Manager. I have been Surf Owner for 10 and 1/2 months now and I have gained a lot of experience with a high ranking position gives and shows that I have lots of dedication to the servers.

Being a SSRP Head Admin and BHOP Head Admin shows people that I can be trusted with high ranking staff powers. Also being apart of the ssrp lead team for over one year shows I have lots of leading experience, seeing that ssrp is the main server/focus within zarp and that I have experience with staffing on the server will help be in being a Community Manager.

Also having Global Moderator and TeamSpeak Head Admin shows that I am dedicated to the community to help out the the community in a wide range of ways. These ranks and my previous ranks shows that I have trust with high ranks within the community in which will show the Community Team that I'm trusted to have their powers.

Some Traits about me

• Friendly
  • Fair
  • Generous
  • Trustworthy
  • Understanding
  • Skilled
  • Time Management

• Friendly and Generous
    I believe I am a friendly and Generous person within the community of Zarp. I try to help out the players to the best of my abilities and in some situations I am able to resolve and help out players/staff in a friendly and generous way in other situations I am not able to do that as the other side of the situation will not like the outcome but it is the best way it can be done/

Fair
    I would personally think I am a fair person, Others may think different but I try to get the best way to resolve important issues within the community and I try bring it down to a fair way in which will help the players in a better way instead of getting mad and not enjoying their experience with being a member of the community.

Trustworthy
    Like I have mentioned above my current and previous powers within the community show people that I can be trusted enough to have the powers of a Community Manager, in which I would like to think this will show the community team my trust and give me a chance with this position of being a Community Team Member.

Understanding
    I believe that I am a understanding person and that I understand and take in what other people within the community are trying to suggestion and bring out and spread around the community if it is a positive thing to spread around. I can understand users issues within the community and I can try to get them resolved as being apart of the Community Manager Team.

Skilled
    I would like to think over the many many months of being a staff member I have gained lots of skills in which help my experience and dedication towards the community. I have many skills in which help me to resolved issues/situations in the community currently, if I was to be chosen to be one of the new Community Team I feel like I will learn new skills and that my current ones will also have a big part in it.

Time Managment
    I can manage my time for the servers as I'm on here most days and I will be able to work hard and get things done in the correct amount of time needed.(Recently inactive due to having exams, will be back soon)

My Promises and Goals
    Promises/Ideas:

SSRP Servers

If I was to become a Community Manager I would try my best to make the SSRP server more enjoyable and better to play on and now having issues with Staff and other things within game e.g Fixing/Nerfing items.

:check: More Consistent updates.
    :check: New addons/content.

:check: New Maps (Possible Map rotation for S2 & S3) or maybe custom maps by Patrick.

:check: New ways to drain economy - e.g Having a weekly lottery which is server sided and if someone wins they will get the money they put in back and half of then winnings. (Player X enters 1 million into the lotto, over the week the total is 30million, that player will win 16.5 million or whatever.)
    or even having a cosmetic system so that you can buy hats,taunts etc. only from an NPC or a tab within the F4 menu.

Pointshop Servers

So as we all know the current PointShop servers TTT, Surf, Prop Hunt, Deathrun, Bhop and Murder. I believe most of these servers aren't in the best state they can be especially Murder. I believe the Pointshop servers are lacking players due to an issue with the Economy.
    We all know that one TTT update in which basically made everyone have millions on Pointshop points and have bought everything and not even bothered to play/work for new items, some idea's/promises:

:check: Pointshop Reset in Economy.

:check: More consistent Pointshop updates.

:check: New content.

:check: Having at least 1 Owner for every Pointshop server (which is not a community team member)

:check: Pointshop Update.(bhop still doesn't have it yet)

Community Wide

If I was to be accepted for Community Manager, here are some changes I would make for the community itself.

:check: New Badges on teamspeak for Server Owners to make them more identifiable if new users join ts.

:check: Removal of Murder, Adding JailBreak or Military RP.

:check: Hacking Policy Change.

:check: New Features on Forums both Staff and Users.

:check: Official time for Pointshop Meetings.

:check: New Payment methods for VIP/Boosters(Some people down have paypal) e.g PaySafe Card.

:check: Server Meetings join together. ( E.G Bhop & Surf, Murder(if still a server) & PropHunt etc.) These meetings will have at least 1 Community Team Member, this will save time and make it more efficient. This means having meetings within the same hour and no specific time for starting the next meeting, e.g (Surf starts at 8PM GMT on Friday soon as it is fixed and outcome officially posted, so example it finishes at 8:27 and then BHOP would instantly start as soon as the meeting is adjourned.

:check: Changes on "Zero Tolerance on Racism/Discrimination" - now this may look bad as if I'm support racism but I'm not at all, I would like to see on first offense being warned for saying the "n word or any other racist terms" and second offense being banned. However Raicsm/Discrimination punishments can last up til e.g (2 months, a month)

Goals:

Some goals I will try to achieve as a Community Manager:

:check: More Interaction between CM Team and Users/Staff.

:check: More active CM Team Members both in meetings and on servers.

:check: More consistent server updates.

:check: New VIP Features, a lot of people say this but I have some plans/ideas such as cosmetic items you receive, new printers on ssrp,

Thanks for ready my Application, best of luck to others applying for Community Manager!

If you feel like supporting me for Community Manager it will really be appreciated, you can always support me by putting the following in your signature:
    [url=http://zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/community-decides/119000-cm2018-onion-s-application][img]https://i.imgur.com/k5Q2rIj.png[/url][/img]
    • OnionRings
    • Global Moderator
    • Ambassador
    • First Seen: Jun 01, 2014
    • Thank you received: 1908
    Surf Owner
    Global Moderator
    SSRP Head Administrator
    BHOP Head Administrator
    TeamSpeak Head Administrator
    FP SRP Head Administrator

Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by OnionRings.
    Login or register to post a reply.

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917417

:PLUSSP:
    • luke_
    • Platinum Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • 0️⃣1️⃣2️⃣1️⃣
    • Thank you received: 553
    "R.I.P. Born In Blood" - March the first 2016...
    First Seen: Dec 08, 2013 6:54 PM .

How to avoid activity on bhop
    The following user(s) said Thank You: OnionRings

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917418

sure
    • Sada.
    • Platinum Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Micky Edited my Profile and i dont like it
    • Thank you received: 2946

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917419

:minussp: banned me ages ago on the forums for laughing at fake personality issues
    • emps_chair
    • Banned
    • Ambassador
    • NICK FURY AND SPIDERMAN DIE
    • Thank you received: 1441

Ex. SSRP & TTT Staff

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917420

ooooooo, this makes things rough... hmm.

I now have 2 candidates to think about.
    • TheCorgi
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • 봄날
    • Thank you received: 288
    EX-SSRP Head Admin
    EX-Teamspeak Head Admin

Kpop Extraordinaire

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917423

no, youre arrogant when people try to speak to you
    • smo
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • I really need to change my password
    • Thank you received: 517
    Sorle was here
    Luke was here
    Rhys was here
    Smo change ur password lol

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917426

other candidate(s) would do a better job in my opinion! goodluck though!
    • Newdude
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • Thank you received: 558
    dethrun admn

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 4 days ago #917445

I'd rather vote for you or clarky so Both of you have my support :plussp:

But now you have to make me chose who I want (So far I want you, You communicate more than clarky)
    • Box0
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Deathrun Master Baiter
    • Thank you received: 257
    #Box4CMban
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Boxx0100/
    Current Ranks
    Deathrun Admin
    TTT Admin
    Bhop Moderator
    Previous ranks
    Murder Mod
    Surf Mod

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917486

You did it! I wish you the best of luck! - You have been in the community for a very long time, and been staff, over 2 years! Which is amazing, id say you have the experience for a cm position.
    :plussp:
    • SyStem
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • The Specialist
    • Thank you received: 790

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917521

yes please :plussp:
    • OxyFoxy
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • Legendary Retard
    • Thank you received: 242

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917553

Accused me of hacking on ssrp D:
    • Xerceas
    • Expert Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • Thank you received: 19
    You can pick your friends or you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose.

Without excessive force.

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917555

Xerceas wrote:
    Accused me of hacking on ssrp D:

lol, i swear it was u... or i was just being dumb.
    • OnionRings
    • Global Moderator
    • Ambassador
    Surf Owner
    Global Moderator
    SSRP Head Administrator
    BHOP Head Administrator

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917574

Most promising and I guess feasible possibilities. However, I'd probably think about a Baswars Server instead of a Jailbreak one? Anyways, I really like the things I've read and support you knowing the wanted Changes.
    • Latram
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • Thank you received: 405

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917753

Onion > TheXnator

• _Lewis
    • Platinum Boarder
    • ZARP VIP
    • Scotland
    • Thank you received: 1056
    Ex-Bhop Head Administrator
    Ex-Surf Super Administrator

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917769

Onion > JMT..........(7 miles later) > TheXnator

• SkeletonWarrior
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • A Pure Legend!
    • Thank you received: 762

csontvazharcos
    SSRP-Administrator
    Forum-Section Moderator
    TeamSpeak-Staff
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, OnionRings

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #917815

One of the best candidates in my eyes.
    Best of luck!
    • Jacknelli
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Ambassador
    • The Brotherhood
    • Thank you received: 191
    Brotherhood Co-Owner
    TeamSpeak Staff
    SSRP Administrator

Steam Profile

Brotherhood Steam Group

ZARP member since Nov 27, 2013

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #918185

Thanks guys for the support and feedback!
    • OnionRings
    • Global Moderator
    • Ambassador
    Surf Owner
    Global Moderator
    SSRP Head Administrator
    BHOP Head Administrator

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 3 days ago #918191

literally worse canditate than Xnator, very inactive in regards to staffing and actually holding responsibility and pushing for changes, there are none that I've seen myself though :minussp:
    • dankek
    • Platinum Boarder
    • I breeth mems
    • Thank you received: 173

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 2 days ago #918433

dankek wrote:
    literally worse canditate than Xnator, very inactive in regards to staffing and actually holding responsibility and pushing for changes, there are none that I've seen myself though :minussp:

If you were to read some of my application it states why I have been inactive recently. This year has been a pretty shitty year for me so far, I'm also currently studying for exams in a few weeks and then I would be going on holiday. With all this shit going on I still believe I am relativity active. I try to be on SSRP most over my other servers due to the fact that it is most important in my eyes. I have also been on teamspeak nearly everyday for the past few weeks. Thanks for the feedback!
    • OnionRings
    • Global Moderator
    • Ambassador
    Surf Owner
    Global Moderator
    SSRP Head Administrator
    BHOP Head Administrator

[CM2018] Onion's Application 1 week 2 days ago #918439

OnionRings wrote:
    dankek wrote:

If you were to read some of my application it states why I have been inactive recently. This year has been a pretty shitty year for me so far, I'm also currently studying for exams in a few weeks and then I would be going on holiday. With all this shit going on I still believe I am relativity active. I try to be on SSRP most over my other servers due to the fact that it is most important in my eyes. I have also been on teamspeak nearly everyday for the past few weeks. Thanks for the feedback!

Mhm, Exams are more important that Games #ValidReason
    5 hours 20 minutes ago #918191
    I disagree with this as Onion, Sure there aren't many updates But then think about it, Barely any of the servers are having updates, And Onion is even still more active than Xnator in my opinion.
    • Box0
    • Platinum Boarder
    • Deathrun Master Baiter
    • Thank you received: 257
    #Box4CMban
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Boxx0100/
    Current Ranks
    Deathrun Admin
    TTT Admin
    Bhop Moderator
    Previous ranks
    Murder Mod