Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What do you want changed in the community?

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 17 hours ago #914779

So as you might have noticed, the next Community Manger will be allowed to make a lot of changes within the community. Big changes, even.

To help my campaign I have decided to speak to as many community members as I possibly can about what they would like to see changed within the community and to SSRP. I will continue this for the coming few days before I'll start writing my application proper. However, I cannot speak to every single user within the community personally on the Teamspeak one-on-one, even though I'd really love to. Besides there are countless of people on the forums that I am not able to contact personally but that still have excellent ideas for the community.

Therefore you can share your ideas for the community right here on this thread. I can confirm that I will consider every single idea, although obviously not every idea will actually end up on my application.

For those that are curious on how the process goes, I write down every single idea in Word and will go through that list these next few days. I'll pick out ideas that have often been mentioned, and I will pick out ideas that strike me as important or that I believe are good.

In the end I am obviously the one making the final decision. I will not make certain changes no matter how many people might suggest them. But like I said: I will consider every single idea, and if you have any idea that you'd have loved to see in my application and are surprised why it didn't actually end up in my post, don't be afraid to contact me. I am always fully willing to defend any decision I make.

Here are some - not all - ideas that have been shared to me by various community members, ranging all the way from users to staff to lead team:

I'd love to hear your ideas! Don't be afraid to share literally anything, as wild as it might sound! (though don't break TOU, thank you)
  • Raeker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I hope they remember you
  • Thank you received: 5011
Add me on Steam here!

Click on my signature for my CM application!
Login or register to post a reply.

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 17 hours ago #914780

FP Reboot
  • Tony Lombardi
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 54
FP REBOOT BRING IT BACK LADS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, EviIstewie, Raeker

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 17 hours ago #914781

Our SSRP Updates EASTER 2018 And Summer 2017

we are still waiting
  • JMT Rankin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 178
Last Edit: 2 weeks 17 hours ago by JMT Rankin.

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 17 hours ago #914782

Would like to be able to play music that says the n word without the hard R while playing radio manager.

There’s no reason I can’t play music containing the nword as long as it’s not overtly racist like Alabama nword, nword hating me, and moonman
  • Getzco
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 283
5 Community Bans, soon to be 6.

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 16 hours ago #914784

Give us reasons to play, I can only speak for DarkRP, but there really isn't any positives I've seen as of recently on DarkRP. I came back expecting shit to not be like this, it seems like nobody cares about the server anymore; everyone just throws jokes around about Zarp updates now and it's a fucking meme, I always came back to Zarp after leaving because there was something to come back to, sadly I can't say the same anymore. It lacks everything that it had the biggest thing being is an actual COMMUNITY, most people that are still here are just normie and everyone is too serious about such petty things.

There's no sense of satisfaction when getting an item anymore as the economy is absolutely fucked and the server is bombarded with over powered items, to anyone that disagree's please tell me what a new player can do? buy boosterpacks? fuck off.

The server needs to bring more meaning to basing and not just doing nukes and AFKing as shop owner or Miner, because that's all there is to do. I feel like seriously the CM's+ need to put more effort in or get somebody else to because the time between updates is a joke in itself, the server is a mess in it's current state and is getting worse and worse, I'm not trying to shit on it but I genuinely can't find anything good to say about it's current state. I think Raeker would get shit sorted in my opinion and do things that Max and Captin should have done.

I wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't passionate about Zarp, I genuinely loved it back in 2014-2015 and even a part of 2016. But it seemed like it just fell from there, I truly do hope to see improvements soon and then hopefully old players will return too, anyway I hope a current CM or Owner reads this and just takes some of my points into consideration as I'm not the only person saying this stuff.

Also respond to suggestions, and stop letting them just get dusty.
  • Narexa
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • ❤ Ecrin ❤
  • Thank you received: 748
Blocked, Keith & Jayo for CM
Last Edit: 2 weeks 16 hours ago by Narexa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 16 hours ago #914785

The racism rule needs to be changed so context matters, not just "you said a word that can be deemed offensive by someone who didn't see it therefore I have to ban you".

Suits like the golden jugg and Evo need to be nerfed significantly.

Hacking policy needs to be changed to an instant permaban.

as for pointshop servers I can't really speak for them as I don't play them.
  • Nafe
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • OFWGKTA
  • Thank you received: 3721

The following user(s) said Thank You: Narexa, illegalimmigrant514

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 16 hours ago #914787

Nafe wrote:
The racism rule needs to be changed so context matters, not just "you said a word that can be deemed offensive by someone who didn't see it therefore I have to ban you".

Suits like the golden jugg and Evo need to be nerfed significantly.

Hacking policy needs to be changed to an instant permaban.

as for pointshop servers I can't really speak for them as I don't play them.

said it all
  • illegalimmigrant514
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Z̶̓̀̓͋̄̓̂̂͐̈́̉̽̄͌͂͂̒̋̓̈́͗͂̚̕͘̚͠​̂͗͗̌͑͌̀̈̓̇͒̽̂̈͐́̏̀͠͠
  • Thank you received: 120

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 16 hours ago #914789

• A more transparent means of communication when it comes to important policy changes, when the racism policy was first implemented nobody was on the same page and it had to be clarified 3-4 times.
  • Actually looking into the suggestions that community members post on the daily, and this shouldn't be limited to SSRP only, people want to know that their voice is being heard.
  • Give me my fucking legendary member back
  • Sorting out immature high ranked staff members holding grudges and refusing to help certain people, an example would be Xnator refusing to help me out with an issue I had on TTT because he "doesn't respond to shit owners"
  • Blocked
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • hey man dont ban me again ive learnt my lesson
  • Thank you received: 2371
Here's my steam link, add me if you need anything.
Ex-Global Moderator
Ex-SSRP Super Admin
Ex-TTT Co-Owner
Ex-BHop Super Admin
Last Edit: 2 weeks 16 hours ago by Blocked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, ChummyXRay, Narexa, MsMs, illegalimmigrant514

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 16 hours ago #914790

Also with VIP for SSRP I would like to see changes to the way it would work around how the server currently is and not how it was back in 2014.

• new VIP printers (if not buffs to current ones)
  • 30 Bank + Inventory Weight
  • Increase in shop weight limit
  • prop limit maybe being changed to 100 instead of 70
  • Nafe
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • OFWGKTA
  • Thank you received: 3721

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 16 hours ago #914796

there was a big thing i think it was a year ago where everyone wanted a new printer to be added to vip alot of people suggested the diamond one as its a shit special printer (no offence) i agreee with everything narexa has said raeker is the guy you guys want as a cm
  • ArdiEmma
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • 1v1 me at scooters bwo
  • Thank you received: 75

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 15 hours ago #914805

I just want to notify a quick thing before I give my voice, as you'll probably obtain this rank. As there are no other competitors, at this time:

Raeker I don't really want to be rude, but without programming experience, how are you suggesting to add all of the changes, wanted by the community? Are you simply planning to let Chute & EMP do all of that? Or do you have plans, to learn programming over time as a community member? Please don't be one of those Yes-sayers answering that question.

But to give my points: I'd love to for more than anything else seeing the removal of Murder and seeing a server from another more stable game. I'm thinking, maybe Arma, Rust, Ark. Who knows, but it should be something more modern, fiting the daily criteria you normally see on the Zarp forums (bad hitboxes being one of them). We have seen experiments of this, and I believe it was even then; a step in the right direction.

When it comes to SSRP. I believe everyone can agree on the sole fact, that the server has not recieved much attention. Only thing i've seen added are updates to piss players off - One of them completely removing psg holster exploiting without a compensation (for example faster reload times). There are already way more powerful things than a Psg, so I believe; that it was not needed to add at this current state.

I personally am slowly and slowly, starting to believe that DarkRp doesn't work anymore. I think it's no way near a "Semi-Serious" Rp server anymore. It's hard for new players to get into, as you'd get crushed more often than ever. I'd rather have it swapped to the basewars section if it wasn't for the poor fact that DarkRp has more players in general, so it would be challenging constantly having to hastle, for the attraction of new players - Just to avoid a dead playerbase; failing to keep up with something usually referred to the 'critical mass'.

But if we somehow manage to change the course of the DarkRp server, I believe an urgent change is to go for a direction that rewards skill over items. I love collecting stuff and it should impact the server somewhat, but the better player should more then often win - Not the one holding the most powerfull weapon. There are a ton of ideas that could be added. A recent (and very convincing) idea I came up with is that you should be punished for using explosives. If you somehow miss two rounds of thundergun, maybe your character gets dizzy, or tired for shooting it, so you'll walk slower and can't switch weapons for a time. That way you'll be a huge target, for playing badly, punished. Another example is when you use the gluon gun you'll slowly damage yourself (Around 10-15% of your health per second is what i'm considering).

When it comes to the community in general, i'd like to see the following:

There are things/events that Zarp as a community (unofficially or officially), to bring out the face of Zarp. When I say events I don't really mean IRL meetups, but i'm talking about for instance: Creating an official cs:go team to represent Zarp (that actively participates in tournaments). And those who choose to take actions onto their own hands, making things like this happen: should be possibly be rewarded somehow. Another thing could be to host a big tournament for others (outside the community aswell as the inside) to participate on. Sadly I don't think anyone is capable of running one (including me). But I believe with, ideas like this, making Zarp more known out there; I believe should be a thing. There are thousands of ideas that could be listed, question is: Who would commit to it?

If you can commit to my demands, you'll have my vote. As long as you aren't powerhungry like most and say yes, even though you only care for the ranks (like para did when he promised a basewars server)

Good luck :zarp:
  • Aspect
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • suki suki never fails - Solid tactic
  • Thank you received: 1120
Memes to be added:
Last Edit: 2 weeks 14 hours ago by Aspect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 12 hours ago #914842

I think I can be contacted on team speak, if however, I am not within 2-3 days I will edit this with my opinions!
  • Nick0GR
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • ★I like the stars★
  • Thank you received: 1585
Current ranks:
Server applications section moderator
Prop hunt Head Admin
Trouble in Terrorist Town Super admin
Murder Super admin
SemiSerious RolePlay Administrator
Former ranks:
Deathrun Admin

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 12 hours ago #914857

Nerf the Toxic round and the Electric round for the Predator
  • Tamaninja
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • hello there
  • Thank you received: 680

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 11 hours ago #914870

Aspect wrote:
I just want to notify a quick thing before I give my voice, as you'll probably obtain this rank. As there are no other competitors, at this time:

Raeker I don't really want to be rude, but without programming experience, how are you suggesting to add all of the changes, wanted by the community? Are you simply planning to let Chute & EMP do all of that? Or do you have plans, to learn programming over time as a community member? Please don't be one of those Yes-sayers answering that question.

But to give my points: I'd love to for more than anything else seeing the removal of Murder and seeing a server from another more stable game. I'm thinking, maybe Arma, Rust, Ark. Who knows, but it should be something more modern, fiting the daily criteria you normally see on the Zarp forums (bad hitboxes being one of them). We have seen experiments of this, and I believe it was even then; a step in the right direction.

When it comes to SSRP. I believe everyone can agree on the sole fact, that the server has not recieved much attention. Only thing i've seen added are updates to piss players off - One of them completely removing psg holster exploiting without a compensation (for example faster reload times). There are already way more powerful things than a Psg, so I believe; that it was not needed to add at this current state.

I personally am slowly and slowly, starting to believe that DarkRp doesn't work anymore. I think it's no way near a "Semi-Serious" Rp server anymore. It's hard for new players to get into, as you'd get crushed more often than ever. I'd rather have it swapped to the basewars section if it wasn't for the poor fact that DarkRp has more players in general, so it would be challenging constantly having to hastle, for the attraction of new players - Just to avoid a dead playerbase; failing to keep up with something usually referred to the 'critical mass'.

But if we somehow manage to change the course of the DarkRp server, I believe an urgent change is to go for a direction that rewards skill over items. I love collecting stuff and it should impact the server somewhat, but the better player should more then often win - Not the one holding the most powerfull weapon. There are a ton of ideas that could be added. A recent (and very convincing) idea I came up with is that you should be punished for using explosives. If you somehow miss two rounds of thundergun, maybe your character gets dizzy, or tired for shooting it, so you'll walk slower and can't switch weapons for a time. That way you'll be a huge target, for playing badly, punished. Another example is when you use the gluon gun you'll slowly damage yourself (Around 10-15% of your health per second is what i'm considering).

When it comes to the community in general, i'd like to see the following:

There are things/events that Zarp as a community (unofficially or officially), to bring out the face of Zarp. When I say events I don't really mean IRL meetups, but i'm talking about for instance: Creating an official cs:go team to represent Zarp (that actively participates in tournaments). And those who choose to take actions onto their own hands, making things like this happen: should be possibly be rewarded somehow. Another thing could be to host a big tournament for others (outside the community aswell as the inside) to participate on. Sadly I don't think anyone is capable of running one (including me). But I believe with, ideas like this, making Zarp more known out there; I believe should be a thing. There are thousands of ideas that could be listed, question is: Who would commit to it?

If you can commit to my demands, you'll have my vote. As long as you aren't powerhungry like most and say yes, even though you only care for the ranks (like para did when he promised a basewars server)

Good luck :zarp:
the last paragraph is very very true if you was to extend the community into other games I think the community would obviously be much bigger and people would invest much more time into the servers and content doesn't get dry in zarp gaming in general, and I think you guys should look into getting more devs as updates don't ever get put out ever on time and as a result when it does come out you leave it lasting for like 1-2months to only then be late making the other update. the potential is there for zarp to be bigger than everyone thinks but owners and devs need to be on schedule cause as we have seen its driving players crazy thinking you guys don't care, now I under stand people have personal lives and personal issues and this is why I think its good if you invest some time In bringing new devs on board because I know for a fact emp is stressing all the time about getting updates out and as much as I want a update my self I don't think its fair on emp and who ever codes suits ect. another thing that aspect touched on you guys took holster exploit for mini gun 2.0, psg ect, when you guys do that you really need to think about it more as when you remove something and dont replace it or idleast touch upon it, it creates more bugs and problems ect over time, I think it would be cool to add something like aspect said with reload character upgrade as it does make sense for a character upgrade. another thing I would say is take community polls and suggestions more serious as people again don't think you care, cause other games you may know haven't listened to their community once and have killed their game because of it, its really similar to what I feel is gonna happen as they feel they are wasting their time, so I hope the next cm can idleast think about and maybe act upon ideleast a few of these points.
  • jonsey
  • Platinum Boarder
  • who said P2W is not fun.
  • Thank you received: 45
Last Edit: 2 weeks 11 hours ago by jonsey.

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 11 hours ago #914875

Don’t nerf Golden jugg, about 5 people have it and only 2 people actively use it anyways.
  • ITzTrain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Jew gang best gang
  • Thank you received: 97

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 10 hours ago #914885

Getzco wrote:
Would like to be able to play music that says the n word without the hard R while playing radio manager.

There’s no reason I can’t play music containing the nword as long as it’s not overtly racist like Alabama nword, nword hating me, and moonman
Popular songs with the nword are allowed I.E rap, however songs that are intentionally racist, are disallowed.
  • Ashur.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Thank you received: 867

SSRP - Moderator
Former Deathrun - Administrator

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 10 hours ago #914898

I would really like to see dedication towards murder. With this I mean adding more things that would attract people. I feel that murder could be a very good server if only some specific things were added.

Also, despite having been asked many times, I feel like TTT S2 could be a thing now.
  • BDnico17
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • That Spanish Guy
  • Thank you received: 172

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 8 hours ago #914956

Ashur. wrote:
Getzco wrote:

Popular songs with the nword are allowed I.E rap, however songs that are intentionally racist, are disallowed.
This isn't true.

Also @Aspect I'd like to thank you for taking the time to properly write your concerns. Messages such as those are exactly what I wanted to see.
  • Raeker
  • Platinum Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I hope they remember you
  • Thank you received: 5011
Add me on Steam here!

Click on my signature for my CM application!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nafe, Aspect

What do you want changed in the community? 2 weeks 8 hours ago #914959

ADD JAILBREAK WOO
  • Roy Harper
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Ambassador
  • Legendary Member
  • Thank you received: 1771

»Ex-DarkRP HeadAdmin«
»Ex-TeamSpeak3 Staff«
»Ex-Appeals Section Mod«