Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ban Appeal

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8309

Name - [ZARP] Chris
STEAM-ID - STEAM_0:1:41106947
Admins name - AgentLulz
Reason - Slaying more players than intended accidentally.
Story - I admit that I'd done it twice in one day - but it's really not ideal that I'm the only one that's been dealing with the majority of F1 reports the day before, and today, when admins and mods have been on too.

So, I really feel pressured to move on to the next one so we can benefit our patrons, and I know I'd done this earlier today, and DID apologize (without being given a warning from any senior member of the team) both times. It really doesn't seem fair that all my moderation effort has equated to "one action = 3 day tempban" twice, when I've been attempting to get a repetitive minge banned since yesterday - and the most he's got is 10 minutes.

As proven here, it was obviously a mistake - and since nobody was helping me with F1, I really was only focused on helping people then moving on, I wouldn't think about the issue here too much under the pressure of multiple people waiting for my assistance.

I'm only human - I make mistakes, and I did apologize for them. It's not like I'd been given a warning previously that day, and it's really not ideal that the problem exists in the first place.

To conclude, from all my hard work to assist our members - I'd like a reduction of my ban, because I've dedicated a lot of my time already to the server, and I believe that this was an inconsistent decision considering I was the only one dealing with F1 reports, and people who have done worse things than me with INTENT to cause disruption on the server have had little to no action taken upon them.

Seriously hope you'll consider bringing me back on to actually do what other people have been slacking off in.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
The topic has been locked.

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8310

This does definately look like an honest mistake. +Support
  • SirWilly
  • Senior Boarder
  • Superadmin before you were born
  • Thanks received: 9

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8311

• Scottie

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8312

Scott - You know that I'd already been punished for that, so can you justify why you're bringing it up now?

EDIT: I see your mistake here. The reason you got me banned for had passed, I've already served my 3 day tempban for that. I've been given another for a simple mistake, which should be cancelled out by all of my moderation efforts.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8318

Yeah. This ban was probably inappropriate as it looks like an accident. +Support
Also, if the person has a space in the name such as RP zombie, take a part out of there name (such as Zombie) and use that to slay.
  • Biolite
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 4

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8322

Virtualpixels wrote:
Scott - You know that I'd already been punished for that, so can you justify why you're bringing it up now?

EDIT: I see your mistake here. The reason you got me banned for had passed, I've already served my 3 day tempban for that. I've been given another for a simple mistake, which should be cancelled out by all of my moderation efforts.

When they ban you, they look at your ZARP history. You've been punished but it is not forgiven. Considering you continued either by purpose or.mistake has caused this ban.

Not sure tho.
  • Scottie

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8334

Scottie wrote:
Considering you continued
You can't even begin to use the word "continued"

Both bans are in a completely different context - the first was a matter of inexperience, the second was a matter of error.

EDIT:
And still, you assume that they stack onto eachother.Scottie wrote:
I don't think it's all about the slaying now is it buddy?

That's been accounted for - I haven't done the actions from the previous ban again, so bringing that up was completely un-called for.

I don't understand what actuates you to try your hardest to keep people off the server, or what your motive is for doing so - I don't even know you, and you've shown complete ignorance to the positive impacts that my presence on the server as a moderator has to offer.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8340

Virtualpixels wrote:
Scottie wrote:

Both bans are in a completely different context - the first was a matter of inexperience, the second was a matter of error.

This matter is inexperience as well. Apparantly no-one told you about slaying by ID or slaying through tab menu? It's not an error.
Virtualpixels wrote:
EDIT:

That's been accounted for - I haven't done the actions from the previous ban again, so bringing that up was completely un-called for.

It's not about doing the 'same thing'. If you drive on the wrong side of the road in first offense, and drive to hard on your second.. you are going to lose your drivers license either way. You didn't manage to stay out of the radar and your ban history DOES in fact matter.
Virtualpixels wrote:
I don't understand what actuates you to try your hardest to keep people off the server, or what your motive is for doing so - I don't know you, and you've shown complete ignorance to the positive impacts that my presence on the server as a moderator has to offer.

In fact, I didn't yet give a + or - support yet. I'm just telling you why they may have given the ban without consulting you. Thus your previous ban history. No need to feel attacked. Ashame you can't take constructive critisism. You have to be mature enough to realize you've left quite a bad first impression after propclimbing and spamming big trees on your first day of MOD. No surprise Agent pulled the plug right away. Blaming it on the amount of F1 requests open is not the way to go.
  • Scottie

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8343

Scottie wrote:
Virtualpixels wrote:
Scottie wrote:

This matter is inexperience as well. Apparantly no-one told you about slaying by ID or slaying through tab menu? It's not an error.
Virtualpixels wrote:
EDIT:

It's not about doing the 'same thing'. If you drive on the wrong side of the road in first offense, and drive to hard on your second.. you are going to lose your drivers license either way. You didn't manage to stay out of the radar and your ban history DOES in fact matter.
Virtualpixels wrote:
I don't understand what actuates you to try your hardest to keep people off the server, or what your motive is for doing so - I don't know you, and you've shown complete ignorance to the positive impacts that my presence on the server as a moderator has to offer.

In fact, I didn't yet give a + or - support yet. I'm just telling you why they may have given the ban without consulting you. Thus your previous ban history. No need to feel attacked. Ashame you can't take constructive critisism. You have to be mature enough to realize you've left quite a bad first impression after propclimbing and spamming big trees on your first day of MOD. No surprise Agent pulled the plug right away. Blaming it on the amount of F1 requests open is not the way to go.

The ban is 3 days. I'm appealing it because the error was an accident, I'm still awaiting my training at an appropriate time from LOG - so no - nobody told me about slaying VIA tab or XGUI.

This isn't a drivers license, and isn't a close comparison to the server. There are different mistakes to be made, and when you consider that the ban is only temporary, and you look at the consistency of other bans (IE: 10 minute ban for a repeat offender) - the ban on me seems way too overlooked.

Neither actions were on purpose. I didn't spam trees, I left one tree, and that's in the past - it's been cleared up. My ban was NOT for the tree, it was for propclimbing. At the time I was new to GMOD, and really didn't know the definition.

By no means can you deem any of the actions I've taken, aside from the retarded tree, as something done on purpose. If I were REALLY out to cause trouble on the server, I doubt I'd put in the amount of effort I do to help people and do my job.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8345

Virtualpixels wrote:
The ban is 3 days. I'm appealing it because the error was an accident, I'm still awaiting my training at an appropriate time from LOG - so no - nobody told me about slaying VIA tab or XGUI.

Well. This is not something I haven't said before. They should talk to you before banning you. If they had taken out 2 minutes to speak to you, it would've been clear you made a mistake. I've also mentioned that raising the price of paid mod is not an issue, the training is. This is a perfect example. Nothing you could've done to prevent it.
Virtualpixels wrote:
This isn't a drivers license, and isn't a close comparison to the server. There are different mistakes to be made, and when you consider that the ban is only temporary, and you look at the consistency of other bans (IE: 10 minute ban for a repeat offender) - the ban on me seems way too overlooked.

Bans are judged individually. To be fair, you should've asked an admin about the commands before performing them anyways. This was a risk you took by using the command without decent training. It works just the same as a drivers license in fact. It's something that is based on trust. It works with points. Thus more mistakes you make thus the more they are going to limit you in your future.
Virtualpixels wrote:
Neither actions were on purpose. I didn't spam trees, I left one tree, and that's in the past - it's been cleared up. My ban was NOT for the tree, it was for propclimbing. At the time I was new to GMOD, and really didn't know the definition.

They were for both. Either way, you've been punished before and Agent probably took this in consideration.
Virtualpixels wrote:
By no means can you deem any of the actions I've taken, aside from the retarded tree, as something done on purpose. If I were REALLY out to cause trouble on the server, I doubt I'd put in the amount of effort I do to help people and do my job.

If you were insecure/unaware of command use.. you should've asked an admin about it for instructions. Instead you carried on driving a vehicle you didn't know how to handle. That's a bit irresponsible isn't it? I'm sure you do good work, but Agent can only judge by your history.

I do think 3 days is too long, especially since he didn't know this background information. But you failed to be assertive.
  • Scottie

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8365

I don't know with you Chris you did it twice in 1 day, this is quite a big mistake to make and the evidence Scott has got it actually really good. But overall I don't think it was your fault completely someone should have told you how to use slay properly, and stop this from happening.

+ Support On terms
  • AnarchyTM
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thanks received: 41

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8397

Elmer J fap wrote:
I don't know with you Chris you did it twice in 1 day, this is quite a big mistake to make and the evidence Scott has got it actually really good. But overall I don't think it was your fault completely someone should have told you how to use slay properly, and stop this from happening.

+ Support On terms
Thanks. The screenshot of the slay does indicate the fault, and Scott's evidence is from a previous ban, so it's rediculous that he would consider bringing it up here
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8403

Virtualpixels wrote:
Elmer J fap wrote:

+ Support On terms
Thanks. The screenshot of the slay does indicate the fault, and Scott's evidence is from a previous ban, so it's rediculous that he would consider bringing it up here

Don't slay if you don't know how to. And your ban history DOES matter.
  • Scottie

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8426

• Anonymous

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8430

Actually Jabbe, they show that he was spamming random props and building in the streetd as SWAT/SAS
  • Scottie

Ban Appeal 11 years 1 month ago #8771

accepted
  • Agentlulz
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 11
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

272 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
13/127