TOPIC: [TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877079

Name - What is your in-game name?
iScarecrow

STEAM-ID - What is your STEAM-ID?
STEAM_0:0:202617221

Staff Members Name - Who warned you?
No Staff but TTT Blacklist

Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the warning(s)?
Saying blacklisted word

Server - Which server did this occur on?
TTT

Story/Situation - What happened?
So.... One guy writed in TTT Chat Fun Fact: Hitler did nothing wrong.... and Im fron Germany so I saw this as insult and that a admin maybe will see it I writed "nazi" and got warned
iScarecrow:

Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your warning(s)?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1344986993
their you will see that I said this word that maybe a Admin see it
  • iScarecrow
  • Expert Boarder
  • Life your Dream! ❤️Melissa❤️
  • Thanks received: 180
Notice
You are banned until 01 May 2019
https://gyazo.com/d1394f3d16026060c017dd26a57dd970.png/
The topic has been locked.

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877099

Funny how "Nazi" is blackliste but Hitler isn't... like, what's the point - you're not allowed to mention a fascist party but you are allowed to mention its leader?
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: eddie., DaAwezomeViking

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877106

I'm sorry but why the fuck is "nazi" even blacklisted? Its the name of a political party, i don't like UKIP but i don't punish people for saying it. Its not offensive on its own in any way, sure if i called someone a nazi it would be disrespectful, but just saying it on its own is not harmful at all.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Miia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, eddie., BossComic23, DaAwezomeViking

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877113

If someone should be punished is the one who said hitler did nothing wrong. Don’t think that nazi should be punishable.
  • EiPUS
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Slip Inside The Eye Of Your Mind
  • Thanks received: 2035
Ex. SSRP Super Administrator
Ex. Forum Global Moderator
Ex. BHOP Administrator
Ex. TeamSpeak Staff
Ex. Discord staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaAwezomeViking

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877119

Thanks for feedback, it was the first time that I saw that TTT has a blacklist and only 4 words are blacklisted anyways, I am sorry for that and maybe don’t blacklist „Nazi“ but „Hitler“ bcs most guys from Germany don’t like what he done!?
  • iScarecrow
  • Expert Boarder
Notice

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877128

Wtf TTT had a blacklist???????? Racism.
  • Dewie
  • Expert Boarder
  • Stop.
  • Thanks received: 561
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miia

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877173

well i kinda did this, was warning someone for a racist name via pm, then he wasn't answering so I just typed his name in chat to give him a final warning before kick and warn but then I got censored
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877192

I noticed this a little bit ago, it seems like we've been given a censor to prevent against racism, and apparently that applies to other things such as the word, Nazi.

This could probably be brought up and changed.

In any case, I'd probably suggest that this be removed.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877294

I don't think it was necessary to say 'nazi', but the warn was not needed too.
Btw I think it's good the word is blacklisted, because they are responsible for the death of millions.
  • Leopatra
  • Senior Boarder
  • I work hard every motherfuckin' day
  • Thanks received: 266

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877305

Leopatra wrote:
Btw I think it's good the word is blacklisted, because they are responsible for the death of millions.

I don't see the benefit of banning the word "Nazi" at all. I'm aware of some of the other words that have been blacklisted, but out of all of them, this is probably the only one that makes no sense because this would be one of those that requires some context behind it, before putting your foot down.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877323

So anyone want remove/first handle it? :)
  • iScarecrow
  • Expert Boarder
Notice

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877330

This is something that needs to be left up for HA and above to handle, as this is a newer system that hasn't been explained to the rest of us. I would be patient and not really worry about this as a real warning, it most certainly shouldn't be viewed as such.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877335

Bezzy wrote:
This is something that needs to be left up for HA and above to handle, as this is a newer system that hasn't been explained to the rest of us. I would be patient and not really worry about this as a real warning, it most certainly shouldn't be viewed as such.
Okay, thanks for your answer I will be patient!
  • iScarecrow
  • Expert Boarder
Notice

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877338

Leopatra wrote:

So we should blacklist: Communism, China, Soviet Union, Stalin, Mao, Japan, Italy, Spain, Africa, India, France, Western Europe, both of the Koreas, Mexico, North America, Iran & Iraq

I could probably extend this list but my point is already proven. If you think Hitler was the worst you are either ignoring what Stalin and Mao for example did or you are saying that certain lives matter more than others. And no one should ever try to censor our history since "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)

Even though I agree Zarp is not right place to discuss these things they shouldnt be blacklisted

And Scarecrow I will talk to HA and possibly a CM if needed so you will get your result
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by LonelyDodo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, Miia

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 3 weeks ago #877342

LonelyDodo wrote:
Leopatra wrote:

So we should blacklist: Communism, China, Soviet Union, Stalin, Mao, Japan, Italy, Spain, Africa, India, France, Western Europe, both of the Koreas, Mexico, North America, Iran & Iraq

I could probably extend this list but my point is already proven. If you think Hitler was the worst you are either ignoring what Stalin and Mao for example did or you are saying that certain lives matter more than others. And no one should ever try to censor our history since "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)

Even though I agree Zarp is not right place to discuss these things they shouldnt be blacklisted

And Scarecrow I will talk to HA and possibly a CM if needed so you will get your result
thanks
  • iScarecrow
  • Expert Boarder
Notice

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 2 weeks ago #877451

LonelyDodo wrote:
Leopatra wrote:

This is false. Just because someone says "Hitler is the worst" that does not mean that they don't acknowledge the death of millions at the hands of other dictators either. I agree with almost everything you've said there, Dodo, but the argument of "You need to list every dictator or you're endorsing the death of millions" is extremely flawed. Objectively speaking, Hitler was the worst. We ahouldn't judge monsters at the amount of people they've killed, but with their actions. Neither Stalin nor Mao started a mass genocide of an extremely large portion of their country's population for the sole reason that those people simply existed.

Like I said, I agree with your general message, but whenever people bring up the "Oh but what about Mao" argument I can't take it seriously anymore. Death count is not a measure for how much of a monster people are.
  • Raeker
  • Former Community Manager
  • It hurts the best of us
  • Thanks received: 6577
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bezzy, LonelyDodo

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 2 weeks ago #877457

Raeker wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Leopatra wrote:

This is false. Just because someone says "Hitler is the worst" that does not mean that they don't acknowledge the death of millions at the hands of other dictators either. I agree with almost everything you've said there, Dodo, but the argument of "You need to list every dictator or you're endorsing the death of millions" is extremely flawed. Objectively speaking, Hitler was the worst. We ahouldn't judge monsters at the amount of people they've killed, but with their actions. Neither Stalin nor Mao started a mass genocide of an extremely large portion of their country's population for the sole reason that those people simply existed.

Like I said, I agree with your general message, but whenever people bring up the "Oh but what about Mao" argument I can't take it seriously anymore. Death count is not a measure for how much of a monster people are.

Yeah you are indeed right, but I was only looking from the numbers perspective due to that being the only reason to blacklist a word according to the comment I replied to. If we were to think about ethics the discussion would have been completely diffrent
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by LonelyDodo. Reason: Me english yes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 2 weeks ago #877471

Raeker wrote:
LonelyDodo wrote:
Leopatra wrote:

You‘re right
  • iScarecrow
  • Expert Boarder
Notice

[TTT warn Appeal] iScarecrow 6 years 2 weeks ago #877567

Hey iScarecrow I have reviewed this case and like many others I have come to conclusion that the context you used the word in was completely fine and not malicious in any manner because of this I see no reason why the case shouldnt be
#Accepted
I will get a Head Admin remove your punishment asap

--Lock plox-- :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator