Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855966

Name - Longshot
STEAM-ID - STEAM_0:1:48283683
Staff Members Name - MattorS
Punishment Reason - Killing a T Buddy
Server - TTT
Story/Situation - I chased someone down with a shotgun inside the tower , shot him once , he went up the stairs in the same time MattorS went down the stairs , and I killed him by accident . I apologized the second I shot him via my voice , and after the report came I I tried to explain my accident , and I was hopping the staff member would be more forgiving for an accident that would happen to anyone .
Extra Information - I mean , I don't mind this , but slain and warned for an accident that was , well , unavoidable as it all happened in an instant , I think the staff member should be more forgiving , and more understanding . Gives a better image .
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
  • Thanks received: 181
Ex TTT Admin
"Audaces fortuna iuvat" - Fortune favors the brave.

The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855969

I'll contact someone to move this to Appeals for you bud.
  • SorIe
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 4289

ex-dog LT member on many servers

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855970

Handling
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Something original and funny
  • Thanks received: 2621

Legendary Member

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855980

If it was an accident where it could of being misfire or something you should not be slain or warned for it. Bit harsh punishment in my opinion. A verbal warning at the very most should of happened in this situation.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855987

MattorS is a newer staff member, so things like leniency might not come into play for some right off the back, as most newer staff are still in the process of learning.
But you do have to keep in mind that if the other player does NOT forgive you, and depending on your rapsheet, even if you do apologize to them and it was legitimately an accident, they may still want you slain for it. In my experience, there's a number of different factors that staff need to consider when it involves a player, new/old player, what kind of player are they? Do they seem to get into trouble a lot, or do they try to help out others? Does it seem like it was really as mistake, admitting that they had done something wrong, and were apologetic about it happening.

As long as things are as you described them exactly, it's my opinion that your warning should be removed. Accidents happen, and you didn't mention a chat being opened, so I'm unsure if one did happen or not, but I would of taken this to a chat and checked with the reporting player if they still wanted to keep this as it was as you said, an accident.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miia

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855988

Well it was directly MattorS that I killed , not a random player
  • Longshot
  • Senior Boarder
  • I'm a fucking cunt
  • Thanks received: 181
Ex TTT Admin
"Audaces fortuna iuvat" - Fortune favors the brave.

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #855999

I've been on the receiving end of the spectrum when I've been RDM'd, many of them being accidents, "accidents" or just blatant RDMs, and usually what determines their punishment is how they respond, especially to the report. Countless times I've been super lenient to some players who I would of been definitely justified in warning them, but the thing to remember is especially when we as staff members get RDM'd, it's really rather annoying, cause a lot of the time we get stuck busy handling issues and reports against people, we at times really don't get a lot of time to play, and when we finally do, just to get RDM'd, especially on T rounds, it really does just suck.

My point still stands, I believe this should be removed as it wasn't a necessary punishment for the situation that was described.
  • Bezzy
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Ex TTT Server Owner
  • Thanks received: 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Longshot

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #856292

Bezzy wrote:
I've been on the receiving end of the spectrum when I've been RDM'd, many of them being accidents, "accidents" or just blatant RDMs, and usually what determines their punishment is how they respond, especially to the report. Countless times I've been super lenient to some players who I would of been definitely justified in warning them, but the thing to remember is especially when we as staff members get RDM'd, it's really rather annoying, cause a lot of the time we get stuck busy handling issues and reports against people, we at times really don't get a lot of time to play, and when we finally do, just to get RDM'd, especially on T rounds, it really does just suck.

My point still stands, I believe this should be removed as it wasn't a necessary punishment for the situation that was described.

Agreed I feel like MattorS might have got bit too impulsive with the situation which is something he should be more careful in the future none the less this should be accepted if the users story is truthful
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #856296

From your story, I'm debating whether you are saying it was crossfire or just a mistake, could you clarify?
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #856305

I do agree that my punishment was rather harsh and for the record, I didn't hear you apologize.

I wasn't harsh because I was salty or annoyed tbh I just felt that it was the right punishment, Anyway from our conversation after I punished you, I got the impression that you were a nice person and were genuinally sorry for what you did, as I felt slightly bad I suggested to you to appeal the punishment on the fourms, and I'm glad you did.

I think that the punishment be removed

:support:
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550
The following user(s) said Thank You: SorIe, Gurren Lagan

[TTT] Longshot's - Punishment Appeal 6 years 1 month ago #856325

After looking through both sides of the story thoroughly, I have decided to accept this appeal. I will be reminding MattorS lf the staff ethos and how to handle certain situatuions, in which a verbal warning would be given to prevent any further problems. Thankx for your appeal! This has been :accepted:
  • Kyber
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP

Legendary Member

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Kyber.
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

192 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32
Connect to server View Gametracker Surf