TOPIC: [TTT] Appealing Warn

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845585

[Name - What is your in-game name?

MattorS - Technically, PhoNetic - for now \

STEAM-ID What is your STEAM-ID?

STEAM_1:0:177633343

Staff Members Name - Who warned you?

LonelyDodo

Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the warning(s)?

Continual Impersonation

Server - Which server did this occur on?

TTT

Story/Situation - What happened?

On the server, a great number of players were having a joke in which we all changed our name to coolcat. After a few mins, Lonely asked us to change our names, Then he proceeded to kick a few of us for not. I changed my name to rad puppy just for fun, which when asked lonely said was fine -no impersonation-. I then notice that some kid (Steam id - STEAM_0:0:94573379) has changed their name to MattorS (my name) and is blackmailing me to give him points in order to get it back. I then change my name back to MattorS and then lonely without any further warning to change it, gives me a warn and kicks me from the server.

Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your warning(s)?

Even Lonely is in agreement that this is a loophole in the server's rules, and I feel it needs to be addressed.

This is important to me as I really want to become a mod in order to help improve the server, and now with this undeserved warning, I may not get the chance.

EDIT:

The attachment file is too large, if you require further evidence please contact me and I will send it to you.
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Mattors. Reason: Fixing Dodo's name
The topic has been locked.

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845589

MattorS wrote:
[Name - What is your in-game name?

MattorS - Technically, PhoNetic - for now \

STEAM-ID What is your STEAM-ID?

STEAM_1:0:177633343

LonelyDoDo

Punishment Reason - What was the reason of the warning(s)?

Continual Impersonation

Server - Which server did this occur on?

TTT

Story/Situation - What happened?

On the server, a great number of players were having a joke in which we all changed our name to coolcat. After a few mins, Lonely asked us to change our names, Then he proceeded to kick a few of us for not. I changed my name to rad puppy just for fun, which when asked lonely said was fine -no impersonation-. I then notice that some kid (Steam id - STEAM_0:0:94573379) has changed their name to MattorS (my name) and is blackmailing me to give him points in order to get it back. I then change my name back to MattorS and then lonely without any further warning to change it, gives me a warn and kicks me from the server.

Extra Information - Anything you would find relevant to your warning(s)?

Even Lonely is in agreement that this is a loophole in the server's rules, and I feel it needs to be addressed.

This is important to me as I really want to become a mod in order to help improve the server, and now with this undeserved warning, I may not get the chance.

I gotta agree even tho i love Dodo this warn was not needed we were all just joking around and this kid (Steam id - STEAM_0:0:94573379) took it 2 far
  • Coolcat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 5
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Coolcat. Reason: edit

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845603

Handling this situation
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 3308

GD+Server Apps Section staff
TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
Discord: Nick0GR#9038
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff
Server apps + appeal section moderator

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845605

appreciated
  • Mattors
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 저는 사과를 좋아해요
  • Thanks received: 550

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845616

MattorS wrote:
LonelyDoDo

Why does everyone do that its a Dodo not DoDo
  • LonelyDodo
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Carpe Noctem
  • Thanks received: 528
Ex
TTT Head Administrator
Prophunt Administrator

add me on steam: Steamcommunity.com/id/lonelydodo

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845617

LonelyDodo wrote:
MattorS wrote:
LonelyDoDo

Why does everyone do that its a Dodo not DoDo

No its a Isolated Raphus cucullatus
  • Coolcat
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845720

One warning won't do much to you. I had 2 warnings and a incident when i got accepted and look where i am now. But on the topic of this i remember someone else impersonated staff and was applying for staff and got kicked like 4 times and warned a few times so he had like 7 recent punishments. I am not handling this but i would be interested to see what happens.
  • Jax
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • That's the way it is.
  • Thanks received: 294

Ranks I had: TTT Super admin x1, TTT Admin x5, Murder Admin x1, Prophunt Admin x1

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845728

Staff may ask you to stop impersonating them as it can be seen as disrespectful to copy their name. As for you all changing your name to Coolcat, if multiple people have the same name it makes it very difficult for individuals to be targeted in game, for example when someone wants to kos a Coolcat but there are several of them we have a problem. If you do change your name and someone takes your old one then that is your problem as you were the one who gave up that name in the first place, however he should not have been blackmailing you for it back. Someone correct me if i am wrong but i don't think the impersonation stuff even applies to a user impersonating another user, so in short i don't think you should have been punished.
  • Miia
  • Expert Boarder
  • Ex-TTT Super Admin
  • Thanks received: 810

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845735

Miia wrote:
Staff may ask you to stop impersonating them as it can be seen as disrespectful to copy their name. As for you all changing your name to Coolcat, if multiple people have the same name it makes it very difficult for individuals to be targeted in game, for example when someone wants to kos a Coolcat but there are several of them we have a problem. If you do change your name and someone takes your old one then that is your problem as you were the one who gave up that name in the first place, however he should not have been blackmailing you for it back. Someone correct me if i am wrong but i don't think the impersonation stuff even applies to a user impersonating another user, so in short i don't think you should have been punished.

The coolcat thing was a joke and no one took my name exactly other than one kid who got kicked for it
  • Coolcat
  • Fresh Boarder

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845806

Hello MattorS,
thanks for taking the time out of your day to appeal this punishment. After talking to Dodo he said that he kicked you for changing your name to cool cat and then when you asked him if you could go back to your old name because somebody stole it he replied with no as when multiple people have the same name it's hard to call "Kill on sight" and other things like that. You don't seem to have put enough effort and apology into this appeal and you were quite clearly trolling before (when you changed your name to cool cat).

This has been:
#Denied
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845881

MattorS wrote:
Actually, Nick, If I recall correctly when I asked if I could change my name back to you know my actual name, dodo replied with something along the lines of, the impersonator will be kicked. I took this as the person who was blackmailing me for my name back would be kicked as he changed his name and his profile pic to impersonate me.

Then once I changed my name back, without any further warning, I was kicked and got a warn
Dodo claims he told you otherwise unless you have valid proof nothing can be done
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845884

Raeker wrote:
Nick0GR wrote:
MattorS wrote:
Actually, Nick, If I recall correctly when I asked if I could change my name back to you know my actual name, dodo replied with something along the lines of, the impersonator will be kicked. I took this as the person who was blackmailing me for my name back would be kicked as he changed his name and his profile pic to impersonate me.

Then once I changed my name back, without any further warning, I was kicked and got a warn
Dodo claims he told you otherwise unless you have valid proof nothing can be done
You can still remove the warning because it's bullshit regardless lol. There's only a rule that say you can't impersonate staff, it says nothing about users. Considering the fact that the user was fine with it too I don't see the problem.
Only cool cat was fine with it , he didn't get warned for impersonating cool cat
  • Nick0GR
  • Marvelous Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TS3+Discord Staff
Bhop Super admin
TTT Super admin
ex
TTT Super admin
Murder Super admin
PropHunt Head admin
Deathrun admin
SSRP admin
TeamSpeak staff

[TTT] Appealing Warn 6 years 1 month ago #845921

Overruled.

There is no rule against what you were doing, the punishment will be removed and Dodo will be informed not to punish people for this when there is no rule against it.

#Accepted
  • TheXnator
  • Former Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • "Save the tears for when we win!"
  • Thanks received: 4302
Discord: thexnator

Former Community Owner: 2020-2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: EiPUS
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

143 PLAYERS ONLINE