Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Admins need to Practice what they preach

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44628

Okay, so I have just been CDM'ed by a car carrying 2 admins and 1 super admin around 10 times. This would not annoy me if it wassnt for the fact that if anyone else were to do it, then we would most certainly receive a warning, or even be kicked. Their excuse was that they were role playing a visually impaired person, this visually impaired admin somehow possessed the ability to drive towards any person he saw. Would it be acceptable for a non-admin player to claim he was visually impaired in order to evade CDM? No. It is one rule for them and another for us. Me even contending this resulted me in getting a 1 hour ban.

Another factor affecting the validity of this game would be the fact that admins are somehow aloud to join organizations with standard players. Making them massively bias against rival organisations. For example, my base declared war against HAWK, and then whilst HAWK were unsuccessfully attempting to raid us, my base randomly vanished, the admins excuse was that the props belonged to somebody else who got disconnected. This was not the case as I had only built the base that same day and nobody else had rights to it. Admins should take the position of a referee, somebody who is not actually involved in the game himself and thus able to make judgements over rules. If they didnt make such a big fuss when I did the same thing then I wouldnt care. The fact that they banned me for simply contesting this shows a real abuse of power.
I think older, more mature admins are needed who take the role seriously. Otherwise its a bias free-for-all,

Bob Marley.

(Admins CDMing)
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
Last Edit: 10 years 4 days ago by BOBMARLEY.
The topic has been locked.

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44631

The lack of replies would show the sweeping under the carpet attitude the admins take when its them breaking the rules. They ignore any criticism they get and blame it on you somehow. Childish.
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44635

Another thing, people seem to be getting frequently banned for questionable 'disrespect'. I think it is more a case of low self esteem power crazy admins who are far too touchy.
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44636

yea. i am that guy in photo who was CDMed.
  • WonGa
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: BOBMARLEY

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44639

Technically that's on a drive way and TECHNICALLY cars can go there.

Still, I'm interested about this matter

EDIT: honestly, that picture proves nothing.
I don't see anyone who was hit (bodies ping off making the body to the left seem like it was already there)

If you want to try and get hard proof...video it
  • Section
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 40

''Its always darkest before the dawn''
i got 99 bots and soxey is one.
Last Edit: 10 years 4 days ago by Section.

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44640

Marley, you posted this only half an hour ago, don't expect responds to be so immediate, at least not on ZARP.

Besides, it's something you need to get used to, it ain't gonna change.
  • cockper
  • Fresh Boarder
  • I know what you're thinking, punk
  • Thanks received: 7

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44642

Sorry Bob Marley but this post was posted 34 minutes ago and you expected admins to reply within 12 minutes. Admins are mostly on TS and in-game. If this is meant to be a report of abuse then it should be completely different.

This post was just to inform you that most of the staff team are not super active on the forums. :)
  • LazyBro
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 303

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44643

Bob Marley why are you accusing all of the people inside that car for CDM, I was inside that car but I wasn't driving it so PLEASE don't say that I CDM'd you.

Regards!
  • Sortus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Smokin' Weed Everyday!
  • Thanks received: 64

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44644

Wow, you complain about lack of replies within this gap?

On that topic, here's a definition that may help you:

In response to the topic, let me just say that the staff involved had all been doing their job (on duty) at least once during that day. I can vouch for them as one of their supervisors, and if that wasn't the case they would have been encouraged to either by a colleague or a lead team member.

We often have 'fun' by doing this, usually with a radio manager. It just proves the point to people that they should stay out of the road, and that it's failrp to do so anyway (seriously, would you stand in the center of the road anyway?).

Now, let's run a break-down (excuse the pun) analysis of your topic:
CDM'ed by a car carrying 2 admins and 1 super admin around 10 times

Technically the kill is classified as 'Car DeathMatch', however it was completely within the rules which state that it isn't considered an infringement of the rules if they are on a road.
anyone else were to do it, then we would most certainly receive a warning, or even be kicked

That would be misconduct: if you've experienced that I urge you to make a report with evidence of the warn. You will see CDM warns for people being killed outside of the gas station, parking lot or road on purpose.
Their excuse was that they were role playing a visually impaired person, this visually impaired admin somehow possessed the ability to drive towards any person he saw.

I do drive towards people in the road. I'm not a good driver, and the latency that the server sometimes has (especially in vehicles) doesn't help too. Plenty of people do it, and we don't bat an eyelid to anyone who does kill someone in the road: reason being is because they shouldn't have been in the road anyway (I mean come on, the sidewalks are there for a reason - you shouldn't expect someone who values their life to be in a road anyway).
Would it be acceptable for a non-admin player to claim he was visually impaired in order to evade CDM?

As pointed out earlier, it isn't CDM when the victim is in the road, tunnel, parking lot or gas station.
Me even contending this resulted me in getting a 1 hour ban.

You were warned because you started disrespecting our staff.
Another factor affecting the validity of this game would be the fact that admins are somehow aloud to join organizations with standard players.

Our staff are community members like anyone else. Would you see more bias in an organization jam packed with our staff? I think you would.

Bias is not tolerated in any position of trust at ZARP Gaming, and thus any account of it would be dealt with accordingly.

If our staff weren't encouraged to play with others, people would have very different thoughts about them: we're friends, not robots.
The fact that they banned me for simply contesting this shows a real abuse of power.

It's not abuse of power when paired with the immaturity you presented whilst making the complaint.
I think older, more mature admins are needed who take the role seriously. Otherwise its a bias free-for-all,

Hey, we've got staff members aged from 11 to 24. Either way, everyone has slip ups and issues as much as each other. Abusive staff are dealt with through our discipline system.

As stated in the TOU, we welcome all ages and thus the stereotype that younger users are incoherent idiots isn't tolerated. People who gain these positions get them for a reason, because they've proven through both experience and formal application that they have a standing chance in this role: if we're proven wrong in those claims, they are disciplined just as a user would be.

In regards to the issue with the base, I'm gobsmacked that you would bring this up again with your earlier arguments in which, after resolution, you were led to disagree with. Just so you can't slander us, I'll make the effort to explain what actually happened (and what you eventually agreed with.)

I was raiding with a mix of users, moderators and admins. The raid collectively went on for about 15 minutes. I died, and then cloaked to inspect the base for any rule infringements, and stayed off the raid. My party gained access to the base, and killed many of those inside - but were pretty quickly overrun by the defenders. Someone in the TS on the raid mentioned that they were nocolliding a back wall to allow these people to get back in without using the standard defenses. I went, saw the person who owned the props doing it, and then he was banned for an hour. The props disappeared.

You attempted to respawn the base, which was removed by the person's disconnect (the ban), and rightly so (it was being abused), during a raid - that wasn't fair on our party so I brought you to discuss and removed it again.

Eventually we met on a compromise with you agreeing with the judgement given with very little signs of reluctance (you actually seemed pretty coherent), and now here we are at square one - you went back on your agreement because of your anger at something else completely valid.

To those who may not believe that the props weren't owned/being abused by Bob Marley:

(falco's prop protection displays the ownership of the prop on the left hand side.)

Regards,
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44651

Okay I really do appreciate you're feedback on this. Just to clarify I was on the side walk for much of this CDM, although unfortunately i do not have proof of this. I think Grudges are held by admins who make life difficult those those on the back end of the grudge. I feel victimised as I am a player who abides by the rules and encourages others to do so. This is what angered me about being banned. I just feel that if I was an admin I would take far more of a back seat in the playing of the game, and approach issues from a third person view where I could observe both sides, and yes admittedly many admins do this. The admin in particular that seems to 'pick' on me is Beck Smith. Ruining my fun and warning me before he has heard the full story seems to be his favoured approach. Its childish, people seem to like ruining peoples gaming fun, possibly due to an inadequacies felt in the real world. Yeah maby that's a harsh analysis but it seam so to me.

I do really appreciate the depth to which you have looked into my complaint. What would be the official rout of complaint? As a player who loyally plays on ZARP and advocates the server I feel I am treated like a troll or something. I don't want to be the 'victim' but this happens to a lot of people on servers but people seem to lack the courage to point out the mis-conduct of admins. Its not appropriate for an admin to mass CDM and then find loopholes in the rules in order to make it acceptable. What message does that send to other players? The fact that today I was thinking about purchasing VIP but now am I feel demonetised by the sever and will certainly not be doing so says a lot about the customer experience on Zarp Dark RP. I love the server and will continue playing but lets say I am left with a bitter taste. Thanks for you're time.

Regards, Bob Marley
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44659

With regard to the situation with the base, I had no knowledge of anyone misusing no collide or anything of this nature, whilst I was alive everything was within the rules, an admin told me that my props belonged to a player that I had never met let alone based with which is why they disappeared when he disconnected. Maby it was because admins were raiding, but It seemed that this story had been 'made up' in order to win the raid. I still do not know the player whose props they were supposed to be, and I did not witness any rule breaking. It was either a strange bug or an admin conspiracy, to which I am out numbered and therefore my word would be invalid. To me it seemed this way, but the stacker bug would explain this, a stacker bug on my whole base would not be possible though. All I saw was us successfully, legitimately defending and then my base vanish, at which point I got arrested. There were no, no-collide props or any other rule infringements at this point. This base was built by me and I would admit to not understanding the rules if there had of been. I'm not one of the noobs or bad guys who do this so you can understand my confusion over the topic. The fact that it was admins who were raiding me made me more sceptical of the story over why my base vanished. Can you understand where I am coming from?
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44661

And please do not patronise me with a wiki link. That is purely put in there to annoy me, I have a grasp of the English language bro. I admit I was quick to complain about a lack of replies but this is the first post I have made here. Sorry to jump to conclusions.
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44663

Okay so I just did exactly the same thing they were doing in a car. And guess what... Banned.

This is ridiculous. They can give it but they cannot take it.
  • BOBMARLEY
  • Fresh Boarder

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44664

First of all i wanted to ask you, why you ask for reply after 15 minutes? You do realize admins are humans like everyone else. And we have many things to do, so we go from top to bottom of our list, be at least patient.

Second point is that we also get punished for the things we do wrong.

Third thing is, that you got warned/banned for disrespect, we are all mature people here and if you don't accept this, you will be punished like everyone else.

Number four is that you are allowed to kill people with your cars on streets and parking lots, basically there where cars usually drive.

Number five is that you can edit your post so don't make 3 posts at once. There is an Edit button.

EDIT: Also it's not very smart to give empty accusations, we need some proof to help you, just.. record for an hour or so and then send it.
  • TheAp4ch3
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Making ZARP great since 2013
  • Thanks received: 805
GET SOME RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP GAMES AT www.g2a.com/r/user-55e1e47e829e4
Last Edit: 10 years 4 days ago by TheAp4ch3.

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44668

BOBMARLEY wrote:
Okay so I just did exactly the same thing they were doing in a car. And guess what... Banned.

This is ridiculous. They can give it but they cannot take it.

Hi,

I'll respond to the rest of your comments tomorrow - but I advise you make a ban appeal in the correct section & template as this seems very invalid.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 4 days ago #44690

I have also experienced this many times, especially with an admin that banned my friend (joshWilliams) they generally don't listen and choose instead to control.
  • Alphasam123
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

Admins need to Practice what they preach 10 years 3 days ago #44812

Dear BOBMARLEY,

You should do a ban appeal for this kind of thing so please do the next few steps:

Please use the correct template found here:
www.zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/5-app...-ban-appeal-template
Please post it in the correct section found here: www.zarpgaming.com/index.php/forum/5-appeals

- Regards
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

231 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127