Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [MC] Ryan's Application

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67878

Details

Minecraft IGN: MonSterXNnuke

How long have you been with the ZARP community? January 2014

Languages you are fluent in: English

Do you have any past experience in Minecraft SERVER ADMINISTRATION? No, but I am willing to try Minecraft administration.

A user AFK at the PvP line appears to be autoclicking (arm movement), how would you deal with this? I would kick the player for avoiding an AFK kick.

A user has complained that a user actively PvPing at the gate is using forcefield (FF), how would you proceed with this accusation (assuming that you have a screen recorder, but no NoCheat plugin). I would walk around the player without my loot while recording, after recording, I'd look at a replay and see if the player was cheating or not. If the conclusion was that they were hacking, I would have them permanently banned for cheating.

A new user joins today, but within a matter of hours has a vast supply of highly enchantable items. What is the term for this suspicion, and how do you proceed to investigate?I would be suspicous of Xraying. If we have Logblock, I'd look at their amount of destroyed diamond ores or anything else expensive. I'd TP myself to locations of their destroyed ores and see how their mining is. If it looks as if the tunnels are aimed at the ores, I'd have them banned for cheating.

Explain why a suspicion of a fullbright ability alone doesn't necessarily suggest client side modifications are present. You can have Night-vision potions, and at the current state of Minecraft, if you have your brightness to the highest you can, you have the ability to see quite well in the dark.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - we recommend at least 80 words). I have been interested in Minecraft administration for a while.and i would like to help out on anther Zarp sever also i am a friendly player so i could handle F1s on minecraft i know all the rules and i am a fer person i have friends who are minecraft staff and there were toking about opening the sever quick as we can so would love to help out in the sever and took part in it and i would come on every day and in Build more stuff.... I hope you like this and thanks for Reading :)
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 125
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .Ryan.
The topic has been locked.

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68032

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68040

Hi Ryan,

Your application looks good and I see only one issue/problem:
"A new user joins today, but within a matter of hours has a vast supply of highly enchantable items. What is the term for this suspicion, and how do you proceed to investigate?I would be suspicous of Xraying. If we have Logblock, I'd look at their amount of destroyed diamond ores or anything else expensive. I'd TP myself to locations of their destroyed ores and see how their mining is. If it looks as if the tunnels are aimed at the ores, I'd have them banned for cheating."

Checking mines is an insufficient way of searching for X-raying, as many people strip mine and hope for the best.

I understand that you do not have experience, but I will try my best to teach you if I obtain an authoritative position on Minecraft.

Your application will be reviewed and decided upon either next meeting or after a new Head-Admin is appointed.
Thank-you for applying.
  • Zan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 131

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68043

Thanks [Zan]
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .Ryan.

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68131

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68262

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68295

Good Application but you should work on your patience as you were asking me non stop to add you on whitelist when I couldnt.

Neutral for now.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #68358

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 5 months ago #69276

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 5 months ago #69305

Grubbie wrote:
Hi Ryan,

Your application looks good and I see only one issue/problem:
"A new user joins today, but within a matter of hours has a vast supply of highly enchantable items. What is the term for this suspicion, and how do you proceed to investigate?I would be suspicous of Xraying. If we have Logblock, I'd look at their amount of destroyed diamond ores or anything else expensive. I'd TP myself to locations of their destroyed ores and see how their mining is. If it looks as if the tunnels are aimed at the ores, I'd have them banned for cheating."

Checking mines is an insufficient way of searching for X-raying, as many people strip mine and hope for the best.

I understand that you do not have experience, but I will try my best to teach you if I obtain an authoritative position on Minecraft.

Your application will be reviewed and decided upon either next meeting or after a new Head-Admin is appointed.
Thank-you for applying.

A great way to learn how to catch xrayers is to watch Life of an Admin by veritith, He uses tools we use on this server.

For now though this isn't much of a problem as Vanish no packet is SA only UNTIL the meeting. Then we'll work out permissions.

TheDerpKing wrote:
<strong>A user has complained that a user actively PvPing at the gate is using forcefield (FF), how would you proceed with this accusation (assuming that you have a screen recorder, but no NoCheat plugin).</strong> I would walk around the player without my loot while recording, after recording, I'd look at a replay and see if the player was cheating or not. If the conclusion was that they were hacking, I would have them permanently banned for cheating.
This is not a good way of doing it. Simply tp behind them and see if they attack you.
Also for the last fucking time the name is KILLAURA, only 1 fucking Hacked client has it named that, and that's the cancer that is nodus.

TheDerpKing wrote:
<strong>A user AFK at the PvP line appears to be autoclicking (arm movement), how would you deal with this</strong>? I would kick the player for avoiding an AFK kick.
I'm pretty sure this is not the entire point of this question

All up I think your app needs some improving, I haven't seen anything good BUT we need staff and it'd be nice to give you a chance as Moderator.
+ Support
  • kristofferson
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • 420 Blaz It Son
  • Thanks received: 627
I'm EMP's only friend
"Do you have to wear lip stick" - RedPowder 2016
qwe [ Click to expand ]
Last Edit: 9 years 5 months ago by kristofferson.

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 5 months ago #69500

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 5 months ago #69646

BUMP, I need feedback.
  • .Ryan
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
ex (Bhop) Admin
ex (Dark rp) Admin
ex (CSGO) Admin
ex (Minecraft) Mod

[MC] Ryan's Application 9 years 5 months ago #69650

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Minecraft server. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been Accepted

You need to attend a weekly meeting on our Teamspeak server (IP is 94.23.19.200) at 8:30 on a Friday, it would also be appreciated if you could add me to friends on steam, my Steam profile is available here.

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

285 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun