RP Name: Brother Joe Duggs

Link to Steam Profile: DontFeedTheGaben
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:50217042

Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1
Server 2

Estimated Server Time: 102 hours

Languages I speak: English

Explain how you feel that your time as a moderator will contribute to you becoming an admin.
Where do I start? the main reason why I wanted to even become a staff was to help people. Its just my instinct and one of my traits. Over my 3 weeks of mod I have realized that I want more power, more control. Now I now your going to say I'm power hungry and only want it for the power but I do only want more power to deal with bad bad rulebreakers that I couldn't punish with my mod powers. Why would I even want to become an admin if I didn't want to help people? The amount of respect is also something I will get criticised for. I think myself somewhat respected but not as respected as some mods, lots of people join zarp everyday and because I'm usually on every day I get about 15 F1's (not all at once) and I can't deal with them as much as as they deserve (Only with serious rulebreakers like Ddos threats) any who I just thought I would add that in. In your average F1 I constantly get users who don't cae or listen because i'm a mod. Say I now get an admin to come to the F1, its a completely different story, the user becomes more easy to work with and doesn't interrupt. Now I don't just want to be admin for the power, like I just stated its the amount of respect that people give me. Now I bet your thinking i'm being a bit harsh saying about respect and I might sound snobby but it's true, people give a lot more respect to admins than moderators. (This depends on which kind of user it is, please do not take this the wrong way I am simply trying to prove a point)

Explain a situation as a moderator you encountered that was an obstacle you had to work around (EG: defiant user).
In my newer days of mod I was on the server and I got lots of F1's about this person being very disrespectful and rdm'ing. I went to a F1 about him and tp'ed him to me, he immediately said he was sorry and he wouldnt do it again. About 2 minutes later another F1, the same thing happens over and over with me letting him off (not enough proof) but then I caught him doing it. He was walking around with a deagle shooting at the people in the streets, I warned himfor this and it turns out it was his 4th warn so he got a temp ban!

If you had to write an email to train a moderator in between 200-300 words, what would you say to give them the full grasp?
Dear [Player Name],
First and foremost I would like to thank you for applying of the position of moderator, throughout this letter there will be 3 sections
General
On Duty
Commands.
General
This is the general section of the letter. In this section I will be talking to you about the F1 system, and what you get as a moderator. First off is the F1 system. As you should have noticed when you press F1 it no longer comes up with the option to send an admin report. With the new F1 system it should show the: Logs, Previous warns, and F1 reports that people have submitted. You can search the logs by typing up a players name in the top right hand corner. Now, when a player submits an F1 you will be able to right click it. You can either handle it or mark it as spam, and example of spam would be: "Admin to me". Now you might be wondering why this is spam, its not technically but it is because the report doesn't state a reason of why you should help them. Now if it isnt spam you can right click again and it will come up with: Goto or Bring. These are also self explanatory. Now then, if you hit tab you will notice you have a badge next to your name. This indicates that you're a moderator. If you click on the tab menu it will show some commands which I will explain later on in the letter
On Duty
When you go into the jobs menu down the very bottom there will be a mod on duty job, this job is for when you don't want to RP and just want to do F1's. when you select the "Mod On Duty" job you will get an Admin Keypad Checker, this is for checking to see if a fading door is connected to a keypad. Remember! the minimum time a fading door has to be open for is 4 Seconds, dont forget!. If you click on a fading door and it says: "No keypads are attached" then you can punish that person for not having a keypad with a fading door.
Commands
As a moderator you get some new commands, I will explain these now.

/Freeze: This command is pretty self explanatory. It Freezes a player for a period of time or permanent. I recommend using this through the tab menu because you may freeze the wrong person

/Warn: This command is for if there is ever someone breaking rules whether that be rdn'ing nlr'ing or just being disrespectful use this command to warn them. If they get warned 3 times they get kicked and if they get warned 4 times after the kick they get a temporary ban for an hour

/Goto: This command is for going to people. Only use this on duty unless there is an emergency and you need to get to a high ranked staff.

/Bring: This command is to bring someone if you are a F1. I recommend not using this command and using teleport because the back command (will explain soon) only works with teleport. If you chose to use bring make sure you use it through the tab menu so you dont bring the wrong person

/Slay: This is for slaying people, there is all different types of ways of slaying people. Rocket makes them fly and explode, explode makes them explode, normal slay makes them die and silent slay kills them silently.

/Back: This is a command used for after a F1 is finished however this command only works if you teleported them with /tp

/Unwarn: Unwarns a player if you warned them by accident or it was false

/Tp: This command allows you to teleport to where you're looking at. If you go through the tab menu and click on someone then click teleport it will teleport them to wherever your mouse is looking. I recommend binding this for an easier way to get around when you're mod on duty and only mod on duty

/Kick: This is for when someone is propblocking and refuses to delete it, use this to kick them but DEFINITELY make sure you go through the tab menu in case you accidentally kick the wrong person

So there you go, if you have any further problems add me on steam or ask a fellow staff member. Remember, we're here to help.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x appeals their ban in great detail, apology and effort. You check the ban list and find that you banned them permanently for propspam, and that this is their first ban. How would your response to the appeal be?

First and foremost I would like to thank you for making a ban appeal, now it looks like you really are sorry for this and you have put lots of effort into your appeal. I have decided to reduce your ban to 2 weeks. I suggest you go over the rules in the time you have left of your ban.

Why I should be promoted (we recommend around 150 words). I should be promoted because I have waited a while before I applied, every time I get on I RP for a bit then for the rest of the time I do F1's my gametime may be low but those are the things I am working to improve on. I am a very friendly person and i have had a great time moderating on the server, I love the feeling inside every time I help someone and they say: "Keep up the good work Joe!" or "You deserve to be admin". Its them little things that made me apply for admin. Words can't explain the feeling of it, it's just fantastic. Anyways back on topic. I am user friendly and always do my F1's in a happy and friendly manner (To everyone, even trolls) anyways I really do think I should be promoted because I feel like i'm ready. Some people have gotten admin in their first weeks of moderating and I congratulate those people but I truly do believe i'm ready for admin.
P..S: I will be improving my gametime over the next few days
P.P.S: I know the letter is way over the limit but I put a lot of effort into that and it's nearly 1000 words on its own
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Thanks received: 105

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Ex Minecraft Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by JoeDuggs.
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67271

——————————=====BUMP=====——————————
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Deathrun Administrator

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67273

JoeDuggs wrote:
——————————=====BUMP=====——————————

Did you just type that so your mod apply got on the top of the list again? xD

Anyway, im voting NEUTRAUL, but i have read you mod apply, and you seem to be a nice guy. look forward to meet you ingame ;)
  • Patrick TM
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Zarp Map Developer
  • Thanks received: 615

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67275

Over my 3 weeks of mod I have realized that I want more power, more control.

Just because you literally stated that you're in it for the power, Im going to -Support this.
  • Brusk_Macaroon
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
  • EMP cheated to keep me undefeated in Trivia Crack.
  • Thanks received: 260
I've never been happy.

I basically was headadmin on everything. I was the badgewhore.

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67276

Brusk I would just like to say that I'm not applying for admin for the power. Sure I do want more power but in why you should choose me I said that the reason I wanted to apply for admin was because of the nice compliments people had said about me. You don't have do but I would ask if you could rethink your verdict.
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Deathrun Administrator

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67309

Brusk_Macaroon wrote:

Just because you literally stated that you're in it for the power, Im going to -Support this.
I'm going with this. -SUPPORT
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67314

+support I dont always support people.
  • hopking1
  • Senior Boarder
  • dont worry about
  • Thanks received: 124

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67318

hopking1 wrote:
+support I dont always support people.
You should at least give a reason as to why you are +supporting

Joe Duggs wrote:
In your average F1 I constantly get users who don't cae or listen because i'm a mod. Say I now get an admin to come to the F1, its a completely different story, the user becomes more easy to work with and doesn't interrupt. Now I bet your thinking i'm being a bit harsh saying about respect and I might sound snobby but it's true, people give a lot more respect to admins than moderators.

One of the main reasons you are saying you want to be promoted is because you don't get a lot of respect as a moderator and that people don't care or listen to you "because I'm a mod". As a moderator (and staff in general) you have to earn your respect. People aren't going to listen to you just because you have a staff badge whether it be moderator, admin, or super-admin. They are going to listen to you if they respect you and you have to earn that respect. I know many moderators that do not feel they have this problem because people respect them and they have worked towards that and earned that respect. Moderators like Octocat, Alleycat, and Deadly Reflex are well respected by everyone whether it be players, staff, and the peoples F1's they handle. Yes you are going to get the occasional completely defiant rule breaker that you will have to handle we all do. But as for one of your main reasons that you want to be promoted I don't feel that is a very valid reason. Respect is earned not given as you have all the tools necessary to handle rule-breakers and defiant players as a moderator.

Joe Duggs wrote:
Now I don't just want to be admin for the power, like I just stated its the amount of respect that people give me.

You seem to contradict yourself here as you clearly state in one defined sentence that you are power hungry and want the power and control of the admin rank. Then in the next paragraph you state you are not in it as much for the power and that it is about the respect. As I have responded above I do not think your reasoning that you should be promoted because you want people to respect you more is valid as you are the one that earns the respect regardless of rank. I have pointed out moderators that have a high amount of respect and do not have a problem with people not respecting them just because they are a moderator.

All in all I think you need to revise your reasoning as to why you should be promoted to a moderator as I do not find those very plausible reasons. It will be a -support from me until you improve your application with better reasoning as to why you should be promoted as I do not agree with the current ones you have given.
  • x || Jacknelli
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 234
•The Brotherhood•
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackelele, The Gamer Guy

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67322

Jacknelli just everything that I was thinking about, the think that scared me most is you want to get more power. EVEN if you have changed this statement to peoples respect it will always mean that you will be power hungry.

Wait little a bit more.
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013
The following user(s) said Thank You: x || Jacknelli, The Gamer Guy

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67386

I do feel l like I worded parts wrong. You may think that you earn respect which you do but I feel im not looked down upon and may not be as respected as some mods but am still respected. That being said this is where the rewording comes in. I do want more power so I can deal with worse rulebreakers, I mean about 20 new people join ZARP everyday so there is a lot of F1's with trolls and rulebreakers. Anyways I just wanted to point that out.
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Deathrun Administrator
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by JoeDuggs.

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67395

I mean about 20 new people join ZARP everyday so there is a lot of F1's with trolls and rulebreakers. Anyways I just wanted to point that out.
I dont know if this is timing when I get on or just the truth, but I hardly see you do F1's, if anyone can correct me on this, that would be great.
  • Brusk_Macaroon
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
I've never been happy.

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67398

Respect is not obtained through rank. If you don't do F1's and fairly treat players, you wont earn respect. I remember the other night you got on and were with Tea Leaf and did no F1's. I came on because Tea wanted to play another game with TiGz and Kurt. You went afk as soon as you got on, and I had to handle about 30 F1's within and hour or so by my self. Plus you were afk for 2 hours until I kicked you, since you weren't helping with F1's anyways, you served no other purpose to be on at that time. I mean if you are going to get on, then you need to be on and help. I admit I used to have a small issue with this, but I have overcome that. I think you need to wait a little longer and rethink your entire application. The whole "more power" thing makes me feel uneasy.

-SUPPORT
  • AlleyCat
  • Fresh Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 23
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by AlleyCat.

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67399

Blocked wrote:
Brusk_Macaroon wrote:
I dont know if this is timing when I get on or just the truth, but I hardly see you do F1's, if anyone can correct me on this, that would be great.

Joe is from Australia, therefore his timezone is different, however when I wake up on mornings in my country I see him online, and I have seen him do F1's whenever I come on early in the morning.

Ok blocked thanks for clearing that up.
  • Brusk_Macaroon
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP
I've never been happy.

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67401

Alleycat, it was my birthday. I was playing but I had to visit my grandparents. It was supposed to only be a quick visit that took about 20 minutes but my parents wouldn't stop talking so it took a lot longer. These things I can't help and I'm sorry for that.
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Deathrun Administrator

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67450

the crap that you just said that you've been moderator over three weeks is bull crap. Seem very power-hungry you need to clarify real reason that you want to have administratior just not because of the power.
Joe bringing up your birthday isn't going to get you Admin, it's about the personality that you show in the community as Jack said respect is earned not given. Not to put you down but applying for staff is sort of stupid if you live in an area that isn't good for you. Wait a month or so to apply and I may consider supporting it.
  • Hadoukeen
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Whatever you are, be a good one
  • Thanks received: 34

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67493

I think we should give you another week or so.
  • Jackelele
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm a green ting.
  • Thanks received: 174

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67553

My grammar wasn't great right after I woke up, but anyhow, lll go on. So basically what I was trying to say is that, it's going to be really hard for him to attend the meetings at wee hours of the morning. And when he is needed online, that would be inconvenient for him just to stay up all night. And everyone has managed 40 - 60 people at a time like every other staff has . Nothing special.
  • Hadoukeen
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67556

Hello Brother Joe Dugg,
Being respected has a mod is the first step to being respected has a admin, I can't believe I have read that you said you want admin for more power. It don't get easier and you don't just gain respect because of a rank, respect is earned. With you saying that you like the power and they way you put it makes me think I'll need to keep a closer eye on you. In all respect I can't +support your application just because of that comment I work hard to do what I do and take pride in making sure the severs and community run fair and smoothly has possible I did it before any rank so just going for the rank really makes me think you don't deserve it.

-Support
-Red
  • RedPowder
  • Former Owner
  • Thanks received: 3318

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67593

Hadouken I have been moderator for 3 weeks. Look Here If You Don't Believe Me
Anyways I'm requesting a lock on this thread, I have realised that I have horribly worded this so I am going to wait a week or to before applying again.

-Regards
P.S: Hadouken that was also very offensive, are you saying that the usa or wherever you live in is better than Australia? I would like some reasoning why pls
  • JoeDuggs
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge

Ex Ssrp Administrator
Deathrun Administrator

[SSRP ADMIN] Brother Joe Dugg's Application 9 years 6 months ago #67598

Not once did i say america or England or anywhere else is better than Australia. I'm just saying right now it seems very inconvieant for you to stay up or wake at at 3:00 am to attend meetings
  • Hadoukeen
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Page:
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds

141 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
7/127