Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64474

Firstly, before we get into the application, I'd like to take a minute of your time to explain the reason to the semi-below average activity I've had this week. On Server 1 this week, I've been going for around 1 hour or more a day, usually I try to get 120-150 minutes or more, but with school starting for americans, It's been a bit stressful, being the first year of high school, getting a high GPA this year is critical. Once things settle, and I get to the usual grind of school, I plan to go for 2 or more hours on week days, and 500+ on the weekends.

Personal Details

RP Name - Brother Morgan

Link to Steam Profile - steamcommunity.com/id/IamLeperMessiah/

SteamID - STEAM_0:1:82175

Current Gametracker Profiles

Gametracker for Server 1
Gametracker for Server 2

Age - 15

Estimated Server Time - I've been on and off since August, From what gametracker says, I've played around 468 hours. This is on 3 Different game trackers which I will link below.

Languages I speak - English, Some Spanish.

SSRP Related

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.

Definition
"Random Death Match" also known as "RDM" is the act of killing a player with no actual RP Purpose.

Example
Billy is walking through the downtown apartment area, then, a citizen comes by and kills him.

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.

Definition
"New Life Rule" also known as "NLR" is the act of dieing, and interacting, or returning to the area,district, and people involved. Often handled with a verbal warning.

Example
Tony attempts a raid on a Baldy Gun Dealer, yet fails when the Gun dealer pulls out a heavy weapon and burns him down with ammo. Tony then returns to the shop, and attempts the raid again.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.

Definition
"Metagaming" is the act of IC (In Character) Information, through the OOC (Out of Character Chat) it can also mean, taking OOC Information, and using it as an IC advantage. Players often metagame through OOC.

Example
And Example of Metagaming would be, /ooc [Billy] Help officers we're being raided at my gun store by the fountain! This would be concidered metagaming because he used In character information through the OOC as an attempt to gain an advantage on the raiders.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.

I would handle player x's F1, and teleport him to a quiet area, where we could converse about what happened and how he claims he was RDM'd. Player x Explained to me that player y had been following him around for sometime, after around 15 minutes player x started to realize he was being followed, and confronted player y. At the time, player y was a hobo, player x walked up to him and said "Please stop following me." player y then pulls out a shotgun, and kills player x on sight.

After listening to player x's side of the story, I make room and teleport player y to the scene. I let player y know he is being accused of RDM, and let him know what it is. I also let player y know, hobo's can only have a hand gun at the maximum, and anything bigger and more powerful then that, is concidered Fail Roleplay, or FailRP for short. Player y let me know he was sorry for RDMing player x, and for FailRPing, I let player y know he agreed to the server rules when he connected to it, and that he should read the Rules next time, which he can do by typing !motd.

After talking with player y, I gave him a warning for RDM and verbal warning for FailRP, and tped him to spawn. I let player x know if he needed anything else reguarding questions to the server, or having issues with rulebreakers on the server, he's welcome to make an F1, or contact me on steam. Player x thanked me for my time, and I tped him back to spawn as well.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.

I handle Player x's F1, and bring him to a quiet roof. I ask player x for his side of the story, he let's me know that he was basing, when a lone raider comes to the base, and begins lockpicking the door. Player y attempts the raid, and begins firing at player x, but player x out gunned him. Player x then explained, around 15 seconds later player y returns to the district player x was in, and player x could see him out of the window jumping in front of the house repeatedly, breaking NLR.

After listening to player x's story, I let him know I will tp player y over to us now. Player y has been tped, and I begin questioning him on what happened. He lets me know that he never broke NLR, he returned to the district but he never went back into the house. Player y is a new player to the server, with only a small amount of cash and playtime, so I assume he is a new player. I let player y know what NLR means, then it hit him. He realizes he broke NLR, and he apologized for it. I then gave player y a verbal warning, and showed him the !motd command that he can type, and it will bring up the rules, he said he was going to memorize them all A.S.A.P.

I tp player y back to spawn, and thank him for his time. I ask player x if he needs anything else, he politely says no and thanks me for my time, I mark his F1 as finished and TP him back to spawn as well.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided

I notice that player x is metagaming in the OOC chat, I let him know that this is concidered metagaming, and let him know why. I give him a verbal warning for metagaming, and send him on his way, and show him the !motd command.

Why I should be chosen (we recommend around 150 words).

I should be chosen for this position because I have an excelent knowledge of the rules, know many players, and staff of the community, but most of all, I have experience. I have experience in ZARP Moderation, and Administration, and with all of this I will strive to help you, the community. I've been on the server for around a week now since my return, and am aiming for more then 150 minutes a day. As you can see on my gametracker, I am reaching that goal and plan to maintain it.

Another great asset of me being on the staff team, is my timezone, with the majority of the community being from Europe, having another American staff member on the team will ensure more server protection. Meaning I will be on when most of the staff team is not, helping the players.

But of course, there is more to being a staff member then just helping with F1's. There a social aspect to it, and making friends with other members of the community. I will be a friendly, active, mature, and professional staff member, and remember, time isn't everything.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 6528

Legendary Spectacular Border
MAL
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64479

Still its too soon.

- Supp
  • GregoryTWIX
  • Gold Boarder
  • Minges everywhere ...
  • Thanks received: 471
Register Date: 06 Sep 2013

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64483

Still its too soon.

- Supp

yeah, Morgan you literally joined back to ZARP and then literally started applying again for Moderator I would highly recommend you take the time to play SSRP more and get to know the new Moderators and Admins as well as the new rule changes before applying. you have made it very obvious that you are back here just for the rank and not the community.

obvs -supp
  • jellybean
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • ITS NOT WORKING
  • Thanks received: 66

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64484

jellybean wrote:
Still its too soon.

- Supp

yeah, Morgan you literally joined back to ZARP and then literally started applying again for Moderator I would highly recommend you take the time to play SSRP more and get to know the new Moderators and Admins as well as the new rule changes before applying. you have made it very obvious that you are back here just for the rank and not the community.

obvs -supp

Quite the opposite. I came back to ZARP, player for a few days, and applied, which I admit, was too soon. I joined to ZARP, and applied straight away to help the staff, players, and the community in whole. I know all of the rules, and know all of the Staff, and made a lot of new friends along the way. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I've returned, and I plan to stay, and help as I mentioned above, the players, community, and staff.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64568

Just leave applying for two or three weeks and settle into zarp, as you can tell from the response you have been getting nearly every week since you joined back people think you should wait.
  • JLByrne
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I was once a potato.
  • Thanks received: 23

Feel free to leave a thank you if I helped you!

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64573

Hi Morgan,

Honestly, i've seen some changes recently with you in general. I do not believe it is too soon, but I do believe that you should stick to ZARP just a little longer to get a full grasp on all of the changes.

I remain as a Neutral for now. Keep making changes, and I will gladly give you my support.

Yours sincerely,
-Zan
  • Zan
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 131
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morgan

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64579

I've been expecting this...I've already said that if you keep applying directly after getting denied for "too soon", you won't get anywhere. Please, for your sake, give it sometime, show everyone that you can change and I promise you, that you won't regret it.
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64662

Bumping this.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64818

I'd like to thank everyone for their feedback, and I'd like to hear more opinions.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL
Last Edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Morgan.

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64892

I don't have anything against you, but I see you're a very unfair person, you're applying yet again to soon in my eyes, give it 2 - 3 weeks more then I'll change "This":

-Support
  • BANANA MAN
  • Senior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • I'm... well... still here...
  • Thanks received: 84

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64923

You think that acting all nice and cool to everyone will make people forget what you've done? That's funny. You've had two chances and you fucked up pretty badly. Wait a month before applying dude, give it time. We all know you want your powers back very much, but it has to wait.
  • sleepwithmeman
  • User is blocked
  • Thanks received: 3
The following user(s) said Thank You: GregoryTWIX

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #64934

I must say, it's quite enjoyable to sit back and watch you troll the forums.

But you know what they say? Haters make me famous m8.

Nameful, I am not here to regain power, I'm here because I have loads of friends her, and they're fun to play and hang around with in and off the servers. I'd like power to enforce and teach players the rules, not the purpose for coming back to the community.

And to this..
sleepwithmeman wrote:
You think that acting all nice and cool to everyone will make people forget what you've done?

No, I know it will take a lot to gain people's respect and trust back, I know it will take work and effort, and I'm willing to do so.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #65367

Yeah, I think this is too soon.

-Support

May Jesus Christ be with you.
  • Angelus
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Bang bang!
  • Thanks received: 41

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #65502

Thank you everyone for your feedback.
  • Morgan
  • Legendary Member

MAL

[SSRP Moderator] Morgan's Application 9 years 6 months ago #65509

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Unfortunately as more staff members voted 'no' than 'yes', the application has been denied.

The meeting host has taken some criticisms made by the admins and provided you with this feedback:
Too soon. Priority should be to recover your reputation.

You are welcome to apply again at any point.
  • Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

135 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
11/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47