SteamID: STEAM_0:0:60080379
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/CactusJack/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/CactusJack/94.23.19.200:27025/
(and just realized that im top!)
Estimated Server Time: 163,62 hours
Languages I speak: English, also some French

•DarkRP related:

1.Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random Death Match (RDM) is killing a player without valid reason.
Scenario: Player a s at mining area, mining.. Player y comes, takes out shotgun and killes him without reason.
That's RDM.. Killing without reason.

2.Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule (NLR) is a rule when you die, you can't come back to location where you died for 3 minutes. If that location is like spawn, you can come there, but you mustn't kill your killer/raid bases for 3 minutes.. Players who have problems watching time on ZARP server have timer at top of the screen. here's a scenario :
Player x is a miner and he got killed at mining area by player y because he mugged him and he didn't want to give money. Player x starts to rage and switches job to gangster, comes instantly to mining area, takes shotgun and kills player y.

He broke NLR in way he came back at the place he died + killed a player who killed him before.

3.Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming (MG) is writing IC (In character) informations in OOC (out of characters) chat or OOC in IC.
Scenario: Player xs base is getting raided. He yells in ooc chat ( // )x: I am getting raided, HELPP!

OOC chat in IC chat isn't that much warnable in game, but Metagaming can also occur on forums.. Player x makes an topic for police only: x: We will raid all bases tomorrow at 2 PM.
Player y sees that and writes a post: y: lololol thx for letting us know we will not base tomorrow.

•Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I don't know all the commands but I will give my best. I would bring player x and player y to some roof and ask player y why and when did he kill player x. When he finishes explaining I would ask player x the same and why he thinks that was rdm.
When they're done I would make decision and warn/or not player y. If player x would be lying he would get warned for abusing F1, but if player x just made a mistake, if he didn't realise it wasnt RDM, that was valid kill I would just tell him to pay more attention next time. But if player y would be rdming constantly, I would bring him to myself, freeze him. Give him a big warning, if he would continue doing that. He would get 4 warns.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would bring the player y and ask him why did he revenge his death in that short period. If he says that he hates him, something like that.. If he agrees he killed player x, I would tell him that he must wait for the NLR time to expire, that's 3 minutes and he can see it at top of his screen. He also mustn't be in the NLR zone, it's the zone where he died. If he's new I would ask him to check !motd in front of me to make sure he's reading it. If he would do it again he would get warned.. If he's not new he would get one warn.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
I would tell player x he isn't allowed to use informations which he currentely sees as his game character and he just did Metagame. I would ask him not to do that anymore and to use /pm if he needs to talk to somebody during raid. If he would constantly Metagame I would warn him.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words). I have been playing on ZARP for about 6 months. I liked server first time I joined and found friends, etc.. And also brought roughly 20 people to the server in, not sure if that's a good thing but yeah. I donated to server and got VIP. Then I started having fun, talking to player, making funny dupes, basing with friends.. Raiding and helping new players to understand how to play. I was always the type of player who wanted to help everyone but to get that help back. If I am nice to you, don't be douche to me things like that. So – my school ended and now I can do all day whatever I want.. So I chosen to play games and go out.. I can be active for about 3-10 hours per day, and I have alot of people with I have good relations so I would want to be even closer with them. I am maybe way too easy to players, I don't like to warn and I am not best with commands but I can learn. When map changed I started to raid alot so I got warned more than before, but I stopped doing that. I was banned just once from what it seems to be just a big misunderstanding
But that is past, now I am better, I want to benefit the server with my activity and playstyle so that's why I made this moderator application.

I also want to be chosen because I got bored from seeing players spamming OOC chat and asking for admin help.. Every day server is getting more players and we need more moderators/admins. I think I am a good person for moderator because I can understand players, their reasons, I am not aggressive etc.. My F1 handling skills are already good in some ways because I spectated Admins/mods handling F1's. And I saw how they are doing that.

I personally think that I am mature for my age ( I am 16 years old, but I never rage, attack, yell at people, things like that).

Thank you For spending your time Reading this
Also thank you to everyone that has supported me over the time of me playing and to this thread so you people get a + support from me
  • CactusJack
  • Junior Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • Thanks received: 18
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by CactusJack.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SEB

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55738

Cactusjack is a really nice guy :)
  • SEB
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: CactusJack

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55740

CactusJack can be nice if he likes to :D +
  • CraftingSoldier
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thanks received: 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: CactusJack, SEB

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55743

i'm not trying to be bitchy or anything but I wonder why two people with only 1 post that just joined the forums +supported him..
  • Nameful
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 109

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55745

I told them to look at my post and tell me what they think of it then they look at other mod apps and saw what people where doing so they created an account and did that
  • CactusJack
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55765

CactusJack wrote:
RP Name: CactusJack
Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/id/JackBrownCactus
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:60080379
Current Gametracker Profiles:
Server 1 - www.gametracker.com/player/CactusJack/94.23.19.200:27015/
Server 2 - www.gametracker.com/player/CactusJack/94.23.19.200:27025/
(and just realized that im top!)
Estimated Server Time: 163,62 hours
Languages I speak: English,

•DarkRP related:

1.Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example scenario.
Random Death Match (RDM) is killing a player without valid reason.
Scenario: Player a s at mining area, mining.. Player y comes, takes out shotgun and killes him without reason.
That's RDM.. Killing without reason.

2.Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario.
New Life Rule (NLR) is a rule when you die, you can't come back to location where you died for 3 minutes. If that location is like spawn, you can come there, but you mustn't kill your killer/raid bases for 3 minutes.. Players who have problems watching time on ZARP server have timer at top of the screen. here's a scenario :
Player x is a miner and he got killed at mining area by player y because he mugged him and he didn't want to give money. Player x starts to rage and switches job to gangster, comes instantly to mining area, takes shotgun and kills player y.

He broke NLR in way he came back at the place he died + killed a player who killed him before.

3.Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario.
Metagaming (MG) is writing IC (In character) informations in OOC (out of characters) chat or OOC in IC.
Scenario: Player xs base is getting raided. He yells in ooc chat ( // )x: I am getting raided, HELPP!

OOC chat in IC chat isn't that much warnable in game, but Metagaming can also occur on forums.. Player x makes an topic for police only: x: We will raid all bases tomorrow at 2 PM.
Player y sees that and writes a post: y: lololol thx for letting us know we will not base tomorrow.

Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x.
I don't know all the commands but I will give my best. I would bring player x and player y to some roof and ask player y why and when did he kill player x. When he finishes explaining I would ask player x the same and why he thinks that was rdm.
When they're done I would make decision and warn/or not player y. If player x would be lying he would get warned for abusing F1, but if player x just made a mistake, if he didn't realise it wasnt RDM, that was valid kill I would just tell him to pay more attention next time. But if player y would be rdming constantly, I would bring him to myself, freeze him. Give him a big warning, if he would continue doing that. He would get 4 warns.

Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time.
I would bring the player y and ask him why did he revenge his death in that short period. If he says that he hates him, something like that.. If he agrees he killed player x, I would tell him that he must wait for the NLR time to expire, that's 3 minutes and he can see it at top of his screen. He also mustn't be in the NLR zone, it's the zone where he died. If he's new I would ask him to check !motd in front of me to make sure he's reading it. If he would do it again he would get warned.. If he's not new he would get one warn.

Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided
I would tell player x he isn't allowed to use informations which he currentely sees as his game character and he just did Metagame. I would ask him not to do that anymore and to use /pm if he needs to talk to somebody during raid. If he would constantly Metagame I would warn him.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words). I have been playing on ZARP for about 6 months. I liked server first time I joined and found friends, etc.. I donated to server and got VIP. Then I started having fun, talking to player, making funny dupes, basing with friends.. Raiding and helping new players to understand how to play. I was always the type of player who wanted to help everyone but to get that help back. If I am nice to you, don't be douche to me things like that. So – my school ended and now I can do all day whatever I want.. So I chosen to play games and go out.. I can be active for about 3-10 hours per day, and I have alot of people with I have good relations so I would want to be even closer with them. I am maybe way too easy to players, I don't like to warn and I am not best with commands but I can learn. When map changed I started to raid alot so I got warned more than before, but I stopped doing that. I was banned just once from server because of the rage quitting to make people lose my printers.
But that is past, now I am better, I want to benefit the server with my activity and playstyle so that's why I made this moderator application.

I also want to be chosen because I got bored from seeing players spamming OOC chat and asking for admin help.. Every day server is getting more players and we need more moderators/admins. I think I am a good person for moderator because I can understand players, their reasons, I am not aggressive etc.. My F1 handling skills are already good in some ways because I spectated WonGamer handling F1's. And I saw how is he doing that, also he showed me few tricks, how to find out who is DDoSing, find disconnected player's steam ID to report/ban him...

I personally think that I am mature for my age ( I am 16 years old, but I never rage, attack, yell at people, things like that).

Thank you For spending your time Reading this

Activity: + Support
Time on the Server: + Support
Personality: + Support
Knowledge of the Rules: + Support
App Quality: Neutral
Matureness: + Support
Additional notes: I've seen you on the server enough to know you will do a great job as a Moderator. I wish you the best of luck!
Final Decision: + Support
  • JohnnySmith
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Lower my karma if you think I'm awesome!
  • Thanks received: 236

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55766

CactusJack wrote:
I told them to look at my post and tell me what they think of it then they look at other mod apps and saw what people where doing so they created an account and did that

So you're saying you advertised your application?
  • Tyrone Shmurda
  • User is blocked
  • ZARP VIP
  • [b]i be workin de corner[/b]
  • Thanks received: 149

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55768

illusioN wrote:
CactusJack wrote:

Asking close friends to look at the application is in my eyes, not advertising.
  • exrobite
  • Loyal Boarder
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • dont have a cow man
  • Thanks received: 2489

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55772

illusioN wrote:
CactusJack wrote:

Its fine Snupe.
  • TiGzTeR
  • Gold Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Portuguese and Proud!
  • Thanks received: 850

I hope I helped and you can help me by thanking this post.

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55780

Always active on server 2 maybe a bit more time on server 1 all I'm going to say is that you have clear knowledge on the rules and understand how to deal with tough situations VERY well

Huge +SUPPORT
  • Nafe
  • Former Community Manager
  • Thanks received: 11863

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55782

Easy to decide.

Nice guy, always calm.
Very helpful ingame.
Incredible playtime on server 2, which is good if your on duty on there, as there can be a lot of mischief on that server.
Good application.
Good knowledge on the rules.

Anyone who has met this guy will understand.

+Support

Hopefully I can attend th meeting, and tell them about all about this, btw, what is the TS3 ip for meetings?

Good luck Jack!

- The Gamer Guy :)
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by The Gamer Guy.

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55876

Thanks Again everyone for all the support ;)
  • CactusJack
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by CactusJack.

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #55906

Great App, Great guy, he is always active on the server and havent really seen him break any rules,

+SUPPORT
  • JukeboxGuy
  • Fresh Boarder
"ZARP IS AWESOME!" JukeboxGuys Quote - 2014

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56013

Does anyone know when the staff meetings are? I'm just wondering
  • CactusJack
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP MODERATOR] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56020

CactusJack wrote:
Does anyone know when the staff meetings are? I'm just wondering

Saturday's at 7pm, UK time. :)
  • The Gamer Guy
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 749

SSRP - Ex-Super Admin
Minecraft - Ex-Admin
TeamSpeak - Ex-Staff

[SSRP Moderator Application] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56180

BUMPING this is for those that have not seen my app yet ;)
  • CactusJack
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP Moderator Application] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56447

Just thought I would put out that Catusjacks did a great job today with handling some server2 situations this morning! without a mod being there and i feel like he is definitely ready to move to the next step from what i saw this morning.
  • poly54111
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 20
DarkRP Head Administrator
*The Chosen One*

TS3 Staff
Forum Staff

[SSRP Moderator Application] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56479

Hello Cactus, Remember me?

Anyways, I just read your application.

My Opinion:

The good things:
Play Time
Friendly Player, I encountered him before :3
Great Application

The bad things:
'Tis a baron wasteland, nothing bad really :D

Overall: +Support
  • ScorpionOnAcid
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 452

"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."

Former DarkRP / TTT Moderator.

[SSRP Moderator Application] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56515

Scorpion_s_Killer1 wrote:
Hello Cactus, Remember me?

Anyways, I just read your application.

<strong><em>My Opinion:</em></strong>

<strong><em>The good things:</em></strong>
Play Time
Friendly Player, I encountered him before :3
Great Application

<strong><em>The bad things:</em></strong>
'Tis a baron wasteland, nothing bad really :D

<strong><em>Overall:</em></strong> <strong><em>+Support</em></strong>

Yeah thanks for the info I haven't seen you in a while tho we need to play with each other again :D
  • CactusJack
  • Junior Boarder

[SSRP Moderator Application] CactusJack 9 years 8 months ago #56600

Wow this guy is half the reason i know what i do taught me alot and has been a great person to raid with and base with, deals with F1s well and he aint even a Mod, only problem would be server 1 server time keep it up mate good job + SUPPORT from me :)
  • Flapjack
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Flapjack.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

194 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
16/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop