Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SSRP MODERATOR] DarthVader's Application

[SSRP MODERATOR] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #44770

RP Name: DarthVader

Link to Steam Profile: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101240979

Gametracker Profile:
1. www.gametracker.com/player/DarthVader/94.23.19.200:27015/
2. www.gametracker.com/player/Lebanese98/94.23.19.200:27015/

(Lebanese98 is me, but I changed my Steam Profile name a few months ago, sorry for that)

Estimated Server Time: 70 hours on ZARP SSRP

Languages I Speak: English, Arabic, and French (not very fluent in French, but I can manage)

Explain "Random Death Match" and give an example senario:
Random Death Match, or RDM for short, is when a player attacks another player randomly using a weapon, and that is for a non-RP purpose or even for no reason. For Example, player X might be at spawn as he just connected to the server, and player Y comes and shoots player X, which kills him. This is RDM since player Y is not shooting a player who he is raiding for example (RP).

Explain "New Life Rule" and give an example scenario:
New Life Rule, or NLR, states that a player cannot return to the place of his death before the timer on the top of his screen says that his NLR time has ended. An example for breaking for breaking NLR is: Player X got raided and died, and he returns to the place of his death before the timer reaches 0 minutes, and that might be to kill his killer(Player Y) or to help one of his partners in defending their base.

Explain "Metagaming" and give an example scenario:
Metagaming is when a player uses OOC(Out of Character) chat for an In Character or RP purpose. An example for Metagaming: Player X's base is being raided, so he uses OOC to ask police or others for help, which is unacceptable in the rules.

Explain how you would handle the following situation: Player x accuses player y for RDMing him, the console log shows that player y killed player x:
As a moderator, I would bring Player X to see his point of view of what has happened, as he is the one who is accusing player Y of RDMing. I would see if he has any footage of what has happened (screenshots or video to prove that Player Y killed him, and i would warn Player Y if he did actually RDM. If there is no evidence from player X, I would then get Player Y and see his point of view of what has happened. If Player Y has any proof of player X RDMing, I would warn player X. If neither of these players has any proof, and no one admits that he did it, I would give them both a verbal warning telling them not to RDM, and would punish them accordingly if they do it again.

Explain how you would handle the following situation: Player x accuses player y for breaking NLR, the kills are pretty close together in console (a few lines apart) at a peak time:
I would get Player X first to see if he has any evidence of Player Y's NLR. If there is good proof, i would warn player Y. If not, i would get player Y and question him, and if he admits of breaking NLR then i leave would leave him with a warning. If not, I would leave both of them with a verbal warning.

Explain how you would handle the following situation:
Player x calls for help in the OOC chat because his bank is being raided:
At first, I would get player X to see if he knows what metagaming is. If not, I would explain it to him, and I would ask him to read the rules. I would also leave him with a verbal warning to not do that again. If he does know what it is, then I would leave him with a warning and ask him not to do it again.

Why I should be chosen (longer answer expected here - at least 150 words):
I think that I have been playing on the ZARP SSRP servers for a good amount of time, where I truly learned how the whole RP thing works, and I gained experience and much knowledge in playing, especially with the help of the friendly ZARP staff. I know most DarkRP maps by heart, and I am familiar with ALL of the server rules. I feel that now is the right time to become a moderator, and I think that I am mature enough to handle my job with proffesionalism. I am also a person who does his job seriously, knows how to handle sticky situations, knows how to talk with others politely and help others without confusing them, adding also that I am a team player, and I know how to cooperate with others in order to do solve something. It would also be my honor to join the ZARP staff and help other new and unexperienced players in reaching my level of experience and learning how to play on ZARP severs, in the same way that other staff helped me. Thank You, and I hope that I become part of your team
P.S.: I only got warned once since I got denied last week, and it is because someone was playing on my P.C. When I was in W.C. (If this is also a problem which might get my application denied, I can explain what happened :D ), and I would also add that I am EXTREMELY polite when dealing with admins and moderators, though I might be kind of arguemental, ONLY IF I was going to get warned for something that I did not do, restating that I stay respectful.
  • DarthVader
  • Expert Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • EX-SSRP ADMIN
  • Thanks received: 285

AKA Victor
The topic has been locked.

[SSRP MODERATOR] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #44808

Dear DarthVader,

You seem pretty active so keep it up! However I did have some problems with you before. But everybody knows that everyone makes mistakes so from me it's a:

+ Support

- Regards
  • Chester
  • Expert Boarder
  • Teh skies are bluee..?!
  • Thanks received: 185
I haz sweg
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthVader

[SSRP MODERATOR] DarthVader's Application 9 years 11 months ago #45606

First and foremost, we'd like to thank you for making the effort to apply for a rank on the ZARP Semi Serious DarkRP. Your application has been discussed at an administrative meeting, and from there it has been voted on.

Here is a pie chart displaying the result:

As the number of 'yes' votes exceeded the number of 'no' votes you received, you have been accepted.

Towards the bottom there is a button leading you to a download of a 'welcome pack' (moreso intended for new moderators) - this will give you a brief insight into your duty and how to do it, but before we can give you your rank you will have to attend a training session. You can ask any superadmin for your training..

Congratulations on behalf of the administrative team.

• Chris
  • Diamond Boarder
  • Thanks received: 931
Moderators: MadMagic, pizza
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds

280 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
12/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT