Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Understanding the rules...

Understanding the rules... 11 years 2 months ago #952

Hi, My name is Johnny and I wanna say before anything else that I really love this server, I enjoy its players, design, rules and I respect the Admins and know they do there best to keep the server healthy, I do not wish to insult any of them in this post.
But I just have a huge misunderstanding here:
In Your MotD you have the job rules & guidelines for all the jobs. And recently a fellow player by the name of hoxton Was banned for owning a money printer as a cop. Now I know what he did was wrong and I don't wish to defend his side but It just doesn't seem right that a player should be banned for breaking an rp rule. If it was a serious offense to the RP, then I think he should have receive a warning before being banned. He may have been aware that it was against the rp rules, but didn't know he was breaking server rules and could be banned for doing so. Keeping that in mind, he was breaking an rp rule should have stayed in the context of rp meaning that he should have been demoted or shunned by fellow police man and not banned. This also falls under being a corrupt cop, Its just all part of the fun on the rp server. The admin who did this will remain anonymous. Now this isn't an admin abuse report. on a side note After this ban happened another player was caught with money printers as a mayor but this player received a warning and not a ban. It doesn't make sense that players should be warned with a ban for breaking rp rules, but rather they should be threatened with a demotion.

There should be a huge difference between breaking server rules and breaking rp rules. and the punishment for both should be entirely differnt

If I am completely wrong on everything I just said I apologize, but think of this as more of a question.

Is being a corrupt cop/mayor a bannable offense? It's just part of the rp really, makes things fun. if players don't like it they can demote but shouldn't be banned.
  • Johnny K
  • Fresh Boarder
The topic has been locked.

Understanding the rules... 11 years 2 months ago #954

Why anonymous, it was me that banned him mate, try being in my spot when a guy has pissed you off for over 20 hours, and you're tired as fuc*! :)

I was a bit harsh i know, my temper ran off with me i guess.

- Jericho
  • Jericho
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1

Understanding the rules... 11 years 2 months ago #1015

30min before that he was printing in Admin base, with you and another guy.
  • Mr. Ice
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex-ZarpHeadAdmin
  • Thanks received: 12
This server will always have a special place in my heart. They put me down because I know too much! ( Refering to an old event in which I was banned because I found out stuff about AgentLulz ( The old owner ) However I must say that Zart seemed like a cool guy.

Understanding the rules... 11 years 2 months ago #1045

I was going to bring that up ice but I guess you did it for me. Yea you also left out how you took the money from my money printers aswell. I'm reading the motd right now and I fail to see anything pertaining to that "admin base" We didn't wish to break any rules. if we knew we were breaking rules we would have stopped. Next time you tell us to leave please don't take the money from my money printers. also that has nothing to do with what im asking in this thread. no reason to bring it up
  • Johnny K
  • Fresh Boarder

Understanding the rules... 11 years 2 months ago #1046

1. Be happy i didn't ban you right away, because i have fully right to do that.
2. You was in Admin base, why didn't you take it first?
3. It was open - So your friend could take it.
4. I gave you 2 mins, but it ended up with 5 mins you had to take your stuff out of Admin Room.
5. I though it was a present for me, becuase you just left them there.

And i did give them to you right after, because i do not print as Admin on Duty.
  • Mr. Ice
  • Senior Boarder
  • Ex-ZarpHeadAdmin
  • Thanks received: 12
This server will always have a special place in my heart. They put me down because I know too much! ( Refering to an old event in which I was banned because I found out stuff about AgentLulz ( The old owner ) However I must say that Zart seemed like a cool guy.

Understanding the rules... 11 years 2 months ago #1047

Let use just say: ''Case closed" guys, the problem is not that big.

CLOSED
  • Jericho
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thanks received: 1
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

310 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
22/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT