Login to ZARP
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TOU Clarification

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788303

Can someone please clarify this part of the TOU for me since it is very confusing for me:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

See one would assume that those 3 sections deem disrespect to be against the TOU but this never seems to be enforced as EMP and Cranky (amongst many others) are extremely disrespectful to users on the forums and suffer no repercussions.

However on the other hand if a user such as Aspect is disrespectful they get hit with a forum ban straight away as seen from this screenshot:

So I would like some clarification as to what exactly warrants a ban for disrespect and why please as it is honestly confusing me.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
  • Thanks received: 1368
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788309

When it comes to forum bans the punishment is entirely up to the staff member. I myself tend not to punish too harshly for people that genuinely breach the terms of use and take into account previous bans and the reoccurrence of said breach within posts deleted.

I am sure any staff member would help if you reported a post to them or used the report function which can be found on the post. In the case of forum staff breaking these terms you are more than capable to make a report may it be public or via the "Contact Us" form is of your choosing.

I will shout at EMP.
  • Sally
  • Forum Administrator
  • ZARP VIP
  • Can You Understand How Strange It Is To Be Alive?
  • Thanks received: 3527

Brother Gustro: sally is a minge
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Sally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raeker

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788312

Blocked wrote:
i've always wondered the same shit but never bothered to report or ask anyone, because at the end of the day, is it really worth it?

the forums are a very weird place now, that's for sure, i must have typed out 10 replies yesterday on different threads only to have them deleted out of fear that I may offend anyone and get myself a 1 week ban.
fucking pussy
  • Clarky
  • Former Community Manager
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • I love Henny
  • Thanks received: 9536

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788316

Blocked wrote:
i've always wondered the same shit but never bothered to report or ask anyone, because at the end of the day, is it really worth it?

the forums are a very weird place now, that's for sure, i must have typed out 10 replies yesterday on different threads only to have them deleted out of fear that I may offend anyone and get myself a 1 week ban.
I personally just think some clarification would lead to more consistency in punishments and reasoning for punishments and I just think it would make the forums a lot fairer since I think everyone knows now that there is a clear bias against or for certain individuals which needs to go.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blocked

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788323

Would be great if the staff members followed the same rules everyone else has to, as well as enforcing the rules the same way regardless of who they may be.
  • Zarp Trusted
  • Banned
  • ZARP VIP
  • its mango
  • Thanks received: 847
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim_Jam, Denis

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788339

Agreed.
  • Jim_Jam
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • TTT is my child ❤️
  • Thanks received: 3491
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788344

Sally wrote:
When it comes to forum bans the punishment is entirely up to the staff member. I myself tend not to punish too harshly for people that genuinely breach the terms of use and take into account previous bans and the reoccurrence of said breach within posts deleted.

I am sure any staff member would help if you reported a post to them or used the report function which can be found on the post. In the case of forum staff breaking these terms you are more than capable to make a report may it be public or via the "Contact Us" form is of your choosing.

I will shout at EMP.
Thanks for the response but it doesn't really answer anything other than that staff members can choose whether to punish someone or not based on any factors they want and they don't need to reveal said factors to anyone. This further supports the perpetuation of staff bias on the forums and just confirms that we need clarification for the TOU and the way the forums are moderated surely?

And I think we all know there is no chance of a report on EMP going through.
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788353

Hopefully I can attempt to clarify this for you. There is no set guidelines when it comes to forum punishment. This means that the severity of a punishment is based on an admins reaction to the users action. Thus allowing massive variations in the consistency of punishments. Obviously if you believe a punishment to be too harsh it can be appealed or the admin reported.

To answer your second statement about EMP / Cranky. Firstly we cannot punish staff on the forums, but can be brought up in the meetings. Either forums in the case of Cranky or community team for EMP.

I hope that clarifies something for you!
  • CaptinF1rework
  • ZARP VIP Gold Badge
  • Valar Dohaeris
  • Thanks received: 1071
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis, TheXnator

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788367

CaptinF1rework wrote:
Hopefully I can attempt to clarify this for you. There is no set guidelines when it comes to forum punishment. This means that the severity of a punishment is based on an admins reaction to the users action. Thus allowing massive variations in the consistency of punishments. Obviously if you believe a punishment to be too harsh it can be appealed or the admin reported.

To answer your second statement about EMP / Cranky. Firstly we cannot punish staff on the forums, but can be brought up in the meetings. Either forums in the case of Cranky or community team for EMP.

I hope that clarifies something for you!
Thanks that helped a lot feel free to lock this post if you wish as my questions have been answered!
  • Denis
  • Diamond Boarder
  • ZARP VIP

TOU Clarification 6 years 4 months ago #788681

For someone who doesnt care you seem super mad. Maybe thats means its working?
  • EMP
  • Community Owner
  • ZARP VIP Golden Blue Badge
  • ZARP Owner/Developer
  • Thanks received: 3152

To Add me on Steam Click the Image Below!

Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by EMP.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds

230 PLAYERS ONLINE

Connect to server View Gametracker DarkRP 1
10/127
Connect to server View Gametracker Deathrun
0/40
Connect to server View Gametracker TTT
0/47
Connect to server View Gametracker Bhop
0/32